“This hotel was great for us and the two kids. Away from the chaos.”

Holiday Inn Express Wisconsin Dells
Ranked #24 of 75 Hotels in Wisconsin Dells
GreenLeadersBronze level
Reviewed 13 August 2010

This hotel was quiet, clean and located in a great spot close to good restaurants and shopping. We were lucky to get a room at the last minute but I so glad we did.
Not a lot of bells and whistles but a great place to relax and stay.
Also had 2 very nice pools. One with a wonderful slide. The kids loved it.

Would stay again hands down.

• Stayed: August 2010, travelled with family

Reviewed 10 August 2010

I paid almost $200 for the hotel and it is totally not worth it. First, the staff asked me to give her my credit card for the record, then she was on the phone for 10 minutes before she checked me in. When I went to the room, it has a strongly urine smells. And when I walked on the carpet with bare feet, felt the carpet was wet and sticky. The toilet wasnt clean and you could see the black marks on it. Worst of all, all my family got bug bites. You can totally tell it was bug bites, not something else, because you can see the teeth marks!!!Horrible stay.

• Stayed: August 2010, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 6 August 2010

We normally stay at the Wilderness, but due to our last minute trip there was no availiblity. This place turned out to be great for my family. They have both an indoor and outdoor pool, a couple of small waterslides, and a hot tub. The hotel was completely full and there was more than once when we were the only family swimming, which was nice for a change. Breakfast was your standard mediocre one step above a continental breakfast, but was free which is always nice. The hotel was obviously older, but remodeled and very well kept.

Our room was not ready at noon when we showed up, but the staff gave us a key to the pool and called us on our cell phone an hour later.

The price was a little steep, but not out of line compared to other similar hotels for the weekend we went.

• Stayed: August 2010, travelled with family
Reviewed 2 August 2010

I came to the hotel before check-in time and realized this so when I came to the front desk and asked if I could pre-check in, the agent told me it was too early and she said that they may be able to take my phone number. I told her I was going to a wedding then she replied "I am sure when the wedding is over the room should be ready"... weird response. Then I asked her if we could leave our luggage with them, and she replied "well how big is it". This is not what you expect at all from a hotel, I was staying there for one night, and we had one small black bag. I believe her name is Kristina... not quite sure. When we came in later to check-in Adam was there. Absolutely wonderful front desk agent! Very informative, made conversation and always there to help. He was by far the best person at the Holiday Inn. Also the breakfast was very nice, the attendants were still refilling and making sure everything was stocked, even when there was 10 minutes left of breakfast. Overall, it was a wonderful stay, rooms were nice, Adam was wonderful and would definately stay at this hotel again!

• Stayed: July 2010, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 18 July 2010

This was our first trip to the Dells. We had a great time and were pleased with this hotel. It seems to be newer than many. The indoor and outdoor pool areas are very large. We were pleasantly surprised with the breakfast. The only complaint we had was the room sink was apparently clogged as it was extremely slow draining.

• Stayed: July 2010, travelled with family
Reviewed 11 July 2010

We stayed here the end of June and it was fantastic. Beds were comfortable, staff for the most part was attentive. Only negative I can say was our door got left open after housekeeping came through..and the girl at the front desk didn't seem all that concerned about it when I mentioned it. There is some character there, mainly at night, a musician and I have no doubt he could put on a show! Tried helping us get Pizza Hut to deliver but they won't - so don't bother.

We used points for the stay so I am not sure what the rooms normally go for.

Wished the HUGE pool area didn't have so much wasted space- you could cram a lot more in and it would go from great to awesome.

Definitely would stay here again.

• Stayed: June 2010, travelled with family
Reviewed 24 June 2010

We stayed here 3 nights with two 12 year old girls. I was a little nervous after reading some of the reviews but it was a really good place. I will agree that the room did have a slight musty smell to it but nothing overly strong, especially once you turned on the AC. I loved the continental breakfast! I've been to several Holiday Inn/Hampton Inn/etc with free continental breakfasts and none of them compared to this one. It's not a gourmet breakfast but I was very surprised with the variety of food. If you can't find anything you like, then you must be a pretty picky eater. The girls had fun in the indoor and outdoor pool as well as the arcade room. All in all, I'm glad we stayed here. Not a 5 star hotel but better than alot of others I've been at and you couldn't beat the price.

• Stayed: June 2010, travelled with family