We stayed here over New Years weekend. What can i say? This hotel is in excellent shape, the pools were great for our 3 and 4 1/2 year old boys, the breakfast was good, we had a fridge/microwave in the room all for a little more than $100/nite.
We were pleasantly surprised to discover they had 2 indoor pools (and 2 outdoor pools) with a water slide and other water features for the kids. Since "The Dells " is the "water park capital of the world", i guess a motel ain't gonna make it in this town without some kind of water features for the kids. But, that's a great thing because we felt we didn't need to spend big money at the indoor water parks to keep our boys entertained. In fact, they LOVED it and we couldn't pull them away! Overall, the pools were great, but they were a bit chilly. Even the hot tub was only lukewarm one morning (however, most of the time, the tub temps were just right)....
Our double queen room was clean and big enough for our family. The beds and pillows were comfortable. The only complaints i have with the room is first, the sink is located in the room and not in the bathroom. This room layout is rather outdated (even though the hotel is pretty new). Not only is it disturbing to have somebody washing their hands while everyone else is trying to sleep, it also takes up valuable space in the main living area. Second, as i wrote in my St. Joseph, MI review of their HI Express, in this day and age, a flat screen TV should be the norm. I guess they will change over eventually.
The breakfast was good and the seating area was larger than average. I was impressed with the staff keeping up with the crowds. And it did get crowded! Seems like the crowd peaked between 9 and 9:15, so plan to get there early.
Overall, this is a great place to stay. The pool area (indoor and outdoor) seems very acceptable for little kids. Older kids might find it too tame. Nevertheless, this HI Express delivers......
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Wisconsin Dells Hotel Near Popular Attractions The Holiday Inn Express Hotel and Suites in Wisconsin Dells is at the heart of the 'Waterpark Capital of the World.' Located off I-90 at Exit 92, this Wisconsin Dells hotel is less than a mile from major attractions like the Original Wisconsin Ducks, Noah's Ark Water Park and Mt. Olympus Water & Theme Park. Nature lovers staying in our Wisconsin Dells hotel will have easy access to the unique natural beauty of the Dells of the Wisconsin River; our hotel is also four miles from Mirror Lake State Park and 16 miles from Devil's Lake State Park. For more fun indoors, there is a 24-hour shuttle to the nearby Ho-Chunk Casino. Business travelers appreciate our convenient location near I-90/94 and I-39, keeping them connected to nearby cities. We're only four miles away from the businesses of historic downtown Wisconsin Dells, and our hotel is within 11 miles of companies such as Flambeau, Inc. and Seneca Foods. Lodging in our Wisconsin Dells hotel also allows you to utilize the services of our 24-hour Business Center. During your stay in our Wisconsin Dells hotel, be sure to take advantage of our free high-speed Internet access. We help you keep your usual routine by offering a complimentary hot breakfast, a Fitness Center and copy and print services in the Business Center. Book your reservation now for our hotel near Wisconsin Dells attractions and start planning your trip today! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Odigeo, Travel Republic (UK), IHG, Expedia and Hotels.com so you can book your Holiday Inn Express Wisconsin Dells reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Holiday Inn Express Wisconsin Dells Hotel Wisconsin Dells
- Holiday Inn Wisconsin Dells
- Wisconsin Dells Holiday Inn