“We will be back!!”

Grand Marquis Waterpark Hotel & Suites
Ranked #16 of 74 Hotels in Wisconsin Dells
Reviewed 23 March 2014

This was our first trip to the Dells and it was unforgettable. The resort's staff was nice and welcoming. Kids loved the slides and didn't want to get out even after staying all day in the water park. There are lot of activities in dells. Our 3 days trip was not enough. We will be back soon.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled with family
3  Thank Mike N

Reviewed 10 March 2014

My husband and I were running out of ideas for how to entertain our 23 month old toddler during the cold Wisconsin winter, so I sought to find the perfect affordable hotel for toddlers in the Wisconsin Dells. We were looking for a hotel with a reasonably sized, shallow indoor water park geared specifically towards toddlers and without the huge crowds of the larger water parks. This one suited our purposes just perfectly. We requested and received a room right across from the entrance to the water park. We did hear some brief noise from kids in the water park during our stay, but considering all the other guests we saw appeared to be fellow families with toddlers, everyone seemed to be on the same schedule and there was no noise at all from about 9pm-8am. I would imagine that the refrigerator and microwave in each room were more essential than any on-site restaurant could be, just for baby food and milk bottles.

Since I read a review that the hotel is skimpy on the shampoo and toiletries, we brought our own. What a great piece of advice that was - the soap looked and felt like there were grains of sand embedded in it. Considering my only big complaint is regarding the soap, I'd say this was a pretty great hotel for the winter rates we paid.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled with family
5  Thank ZoeCY
Reviewed 15 February 2014

My boyfriend and I stayed here for two nights this past week and this place was wonderful! I love the decor. Our jacuzzi room was spacious and pretty. Would have been nice to have an in-room coffee pot, but there was coffee in the lobby at certain times for guests. Hotel staff was friendly and sweet, which made us feel like we were at home! Nice and cozy feeling to this quiet little gem in the Dells. We had the pool and hot tubs to ourselves! Much nicer than dealing with the annoyances of super packed mega waterpark hotels.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled as a couple
3  Thank Crazycat1983
Reviewed 10 February 2014

We were wanting just a place to take our 4 year that had some kind of pool for her. Let me tell you this hotel/resort was PERFECT!
For starters all the staff was very friendly and welcoming. One of the first things we did when we arrived was take our little one down to the waterpark and she absolutely LOVED IT! The water was at a perfect temp and just the right size for her. Another nice thing about this place is if you decide you want more of a bigger swimming pool to actually swim in, they do have one! This other pool also has three smaller slides for kids to enjoy too ;)
We were very impressed with how clean the whole hotel was, the halls, elevator and especially the room. You can tell they really care for their property.
Thanks Grand Marquis staff for a wonderful experience and we will be back and have even told my sister and friend already about our stay.

Room Tip: Great for family's with young kids that don't want all the commotion of the bigger waterpark...
  • Stayed: February 2014, travelled with family
6  Thank Dawn G
Reviewed 24 January 2014

We came back to Grand Marquis in Aug 2013 and had a wonderful stay. I have to compliment on the landscaping- there were flowers- both planted and potted- all over the grounds. Everything was in full bloom. It was so pretty. (Our first visit was in winter so this was new to us) There were grills and picnic tables in the center yard area too- nice touch. The pine trees make the area private and peaceful. My kids loved the pools and waterpark and were entertained for hours. I loved that it was quiet and not crowded. This is a great family hotel that is very comfy and cozy. It is definitely a favorite of ours.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank JessieA10
Reviewed 31 December 2013

So, this hotel was straight out of the 80's. I felt like crimping my hair and wearing my bangles. In fact, my husband and I were only planning on staying one night-but, we fell in love with the pool area. My young, timid children were able to play and enjoy themselves without noisy water buckets dumping on them. The water slides were fun and small enough for my 2 year old to enjoy and the pools were always quiet. We ended up staying here the entire Dells trip and spent far more time enjoying the water park then we ever thought possible.
So, ignore the pink wallpaper and head down to the pool.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled with family
3  Thank MelissaOberg
Reviewed 30 December 2013

My family stayed here as an after Christmas get-away. The pools are wonderful especially for the little ones. The rooms were clean and the personnel were very nice. It would have been nice to have a restaurant on the premises but there's so much close by that it ddn't bother us too much.

Room Tip: I actually didn't like the fact that our bathroom didn't have a sink IN it. The sink was lo...
  • Stayed: December 2013, travelled with family