“Family friendly”

Grand Marquis Waterpark Hotel & Suites
Ranked #16 of 74 Hotels in Wisconsin Dells
Reviewed 28 June 2014

Very easy to get to off of 90/94 and close to so many attractions and restaurants without being in a party central area. This is our second time staying at this hotel. For the price, you can't find another hotel in the dells with pools convenient for toddlers, nice outdoor area for grilling and playing games, excellent maid service and staff so accommodating. Don't expect hilton beds and plush pillows. Bring your own pillows. Lastly, if you stay here during certain times you get free Noah's Ark passes which is nice. Overall, I would recommend this place traveling with a family, especially with young children. They have a strict noise policy starting at ten so I wouldn't recommend this place for large groups looking to party.

1  Thank Sara D

Reviewed 23 June 2014

We enjoyed your hotel very much. Check in women were so nice & helpful. Our 2 small granddaughters loved the 3 different pool areas. A little older but clean rooms. Stayed Fri & Sat nights. Sun. at 2 am started a nightmare. 6 adults across hall came in drunk trying to get in their room where they left 7 unattended kids. Kids had bolt locked door & were sleeping in separate bedroom so could not hear them pounding for 30 mins. I yelled at them to stop & told them I was calling security. They said good go ahead maybe he can get us in swearing at me. My 2 grandkids were woken up. Security came & told them he would try to help but to try & wake up their kids. After he left they started yelling at their kids "Ava open up the F....ing door" and continued to pound. My husband now yelled at them to stop it. 1 man was laying on the floor. They swore at him and kept yelling we can't get in our room. I then called security again & he said oh my God & came back up. Finally after 3 am quiet. At 8am I went to front desk & asked for a credit since we were unable to sleep & they left people disturb 3 rd floor & did not tell them to leave per their rules. She argued with me & said they can not enforce the rules & people can do anything once they rent the room. I said why not call police & she said they would not do anything. Finally she offered a gift card for $50. I said there may not be a next time & that would only cover the tax. All she could do she said. I asked for the manager & she said 1 would call me. I said no I wanted her to call 1 now. Then she offered a $100 credit. Still cost me &350 for 2 nights. Upon check out 2 nice woman there & said how sorry they were. They told me worst thing was the 7 kids left unattended in the room were a Girl Scout troop!!!

4  Thank Cathy V
Reviewed 19 June 2014 via mobile

Every year we come to the Dells for a week, we stay at the Grand Marquis Hotel. The staff is pleasant and courteous during check in and throughout our stay. The hotel rooms and all 3 pools are very clean and well maintained. You can always see the owner walking around and checking things out. The front desk staff remembers us every year and always welcomes us.

The price is very reasonable and the location is within driving range to everything.

This is the only place we stay at while in the Dells.

• Stayed: June 2014
2  Thank whiteprose
Reviewed 17 June 2014

This hotel was great! It was a great value and one of the cleanest hotels I have been to. The service was great from check in to check out. The three different pools were great. My kids liked swimming in them at the end off the day even after being at the waterparks all day. It was quite, we heard nothing at night when sleeping. My only complaint of this hotel, and it is miner, is the beds were a little hard. I woke up stiff in the morning each of the 3 days we stayed. We would definitely stay here again!

4  Thank Stephanie K
Reviewed 6 June 2014 via mobile

I went to Wisconsin Dells for the first time with my boyfriend. This was an elegant hotel with nice rooms and pools. It's also really nice that it's family owned and operated, which is rare these days. It's nice to give my money to the local community instead of some big hotel chain. It was very clean and well kept and the staff was very friendly and threw in some tickets to local parks . I cant wait to come back soon with my family!

• Stayed: May 2014
2  Thank VANESSA S
Reviewed 2 June 2014

I used to come to the dells with my family all the time, after we found the Grand Marquis, it's the only place I ever stay. I have never had a bad experience here! The staff is friendly, rooms are clean and the place is run very well. When I come with my little brother he has a blast at the multiple pools and slides. Last time I came they even threw in free tickets to some of the big water parks in dells. It was awesome!

Room Tip: I've never had trouble with any room I've stayed at
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family
2  Thank Chris K
Reviewed 28 May 2014

It is a VERY old hotel. Straight out of the 80's and there are areas that do not smell great. Also the coffee in the morning shouldn't even be bothered with (powdered creamer ewww). But that being said I gave 4 stars because we decided to take our 2 children (5 and 4) on a last minute trip to the Dells for Memorial Day weekend. I found rates online here at 108.00 per night where as everywhere else was 150+++. We got in on Friday night and left Sunday afternoon. Glad we did because the clientele got very sketchy on Saturday night. But all night Friday and most of Saturday we did not have to share the parks with anyone. We were totally alone! The slides and pools were perfect for the kids and the location of the hot tubs to the pools made it perfect to relax and enjoy while they played. The rooms were clean and the beds were comfortable. Clearly the hotel needs to be upgraded but all and all we will come back.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family