“Nicest staff and very clean!”

Grand Marquis Waterpark Hotel & Suites
Ranked #14 of 74 Hotels in Wisconsin Dells
Reviewed 9 January 2010

This was our first vacation as a family, we live about 90 min from the Dells. We got there at 1 pm had no problems checking in early. The Rooms were SUPER CLEAN and smelled great. We stayed for 3 days. The water park was perfect for my 6 year old daughter and my husband even played in the kiddie park. It was great. The last night we stayed there I sprained my ankle while mini golfing and the staff was AWESOME, they gave us extra bags for ice and even came to our room and found some ziploc bags so it wouldnt leak when it melted. I was very impressed. The decor is a little older, but its nice and we went during the week and it wasnt that busy so we had the pool to ourselves most of the time. The hot tubs were great. If you have little ones its great because you can keep a close eye on them without having to worry. I would like to try one of the bigger resorts, but my husband is content with the Grand Marquis cause everyone is so great there! We plan on going back in February!

• Stayed: September 2009, travelled with family

Reviewed 4 January 2010

My wife and I visited the Dells this summer with our 2 young children and we found a great place to stay. The Grand Marquis hotel turned out to be our best option that best suited our needs. Our children are young so the indoor waterpark worked great for them, small slides, shallow water, and fountains spraying everywhere. They had a blast! My wife and I loved that there was a hot tub by the waterpark so we could relax while we watched our children play. I would highly recommend this hotel to anyone looking for a nice, safe place to stay.

Reviewed 30 August 2009

Usually we stay at the Wilderness Resort but because of the laid offs and hour cut backs we decided to go a less expensive this year. The free Mt Olympus tickets was one of the reason we chose the hotel. Also my parents have stayed at Grand Marquis before and my mom, who is very picky, really enjoyed her several previous stay. I felt the hotel was very nice. The staff was friendly and helpful. The main thing I loved was that the rooms were very spacious. We stayed in a Grand Family Suite which had a sofa sleeper, 2 queen beds, 2 vanities. The room was very clean. We reserved a total of 3 rooms and they were all nice and spacious. The bathroom was clean but they do need to put new rugs on the bathroom floor. My grandchildren ages 7,3, & 1 1/2 loved the waterpark. My husband, sons, and brother played their yearly water basketball game and their only complaint was the chlorine was very strong in the pool. Also, they had a nice area in the back with picnic tables and grills. We decided to grill out for dinner. The landscaping was great and the kids enjoyed the space to run and play while we did the cooking. Over all It was a very nice place to stay. I enjoyed my stay very much and I would stay there again.

• Stayed: April 2009, travelled with family
1  Thank Lov2prazhim
Reviewed 22 July 2009

We really liked the hotel. The two double bed room was nice and clean. It was roomy. The pools were nice. The little kids loved the indoor waterpark! The staff was friendly and helpful. The landscaping and outside of the building was very well kept!
We would definitely stay again.

1  Thank Harp9
Reviewed 15 July 2009

My husband, two year old, and mother stayed at this hotel while traveling to the Dells. I had read the reviews and thought it would be a good place for family and small children. It was, however it was pricey even in July. The rooms are large, we stayed in the Junior Suite, yet they are not impressive. I expected more for the price. They do not provide cribs for the rooms, they only have cots that cost extra.

The waterpark within the hotel is great for kids and for families that do not plan on doing much at the Dells besides staying at the hotel. We did not spend much time at the hotel, so really we would have been fine in one of the cheaper motels with a kiddie pool.

I also thought the cost was somewhat high since there was no restaurant or continental breakfast. Toiletries were not replaced after the first night, and they keep a tight reign on the bath towels. The room provides one per person and you can take them to the pool. You have to trade them in at the front desk when you are ready to take a shower... It would be a much better value in the off season.

1  Thank R0llinSt0ne
Reviewed 8 July 2009

We took a family vacation with my parents. We stayed the the Dolphin Suite which was a little expensive, but we really felt that it was a value considering it was really two rooms in one. Having the suite allowed for easy nap times. The children could go in one room without actually being left. The rooms were huge and clean. The kids, ages 5, 3,and 1, loved the indoor water park. My father like the fact that there was a whirlpool. in the same room with the water park. He could soak while watching his grandkids have fun. He was not isolated at the other pool, where the other two whirlpools were located.
We recieve our wrist bands for MT. Olympus at check in with our Passport to Save coupon. The front desk was always friendly. I decied to take my oldest son on a walk and the woman at the front desk told me about a play ground within walking distance. There were also a few gift shops and quicte a few resurants nearby as well. Ponderosa was very close which was nice for us.
We enjoyed ourselves so much on this trip we decided to stay and extra day. We had to switch rooms, which was totally understandable. They told us not to worry about the check out time. All we had to do was pack up our stuff and housekeeping moved us to the next room.
The second room, had three queens and a sofa in one room. It was also VERY spacious.
There was hot coffee in the lobby every morning. Not having a continental breakfast didn't really affect us. We had cereal and fruit in our room. Kids could get ready and eat at their leaisure. They have a mini fridge and microwave in each room.
I like that to hotel was easy to find on our way into town, but not in the very center of things so traffic wasn't bad. We found that it was very quite, except in the waterpark, then again, that can be expected with all the little ones having fun. All in all we enjoyed our stay and have determined that this is where we are staying when we come to Wisconsin Dells.

• Stayed: June 2009, travelled with family
Reviewed 30 June 2009

I have just returned from a weekend Wisconsin Dells for a Basketball Tournament and stayed at Grand Marquis Hotel. I checked in on Friday June 26th at about 7p.m. and that part was ok. My reservation was for 2 adults and 2 children. Another team member ended riding with me at the last minute, but was staying with one of the coaches. As we were bringing in our bag, the lady at the front desk stopped us all and told me that we had a problem(THAT MY RESERVATION WAS 2 ADULTS AND 2 CHILDREN--NOT 3). Number one, she should have called me up to the front desk and been a little more professional by not doing this in front of the children or anyone else for that matter. After I explained to her what was going on, she stood in the hall and wanted to know exactly which room the teammember was staying in. That lady and everyone else was rude the entire weekend and lack people and customer service skills. We were to receive Mt. Olympus wristbands at checkin(which we didn't), when my daughter went back up to the counter to ask for her bracelet she told that the park closes in an hour and was she still gonna, if not to come back tomorrow. We did not receive our wristbands until Sunday at checkout time. There was an older lady and a man and they were both mean and rude as well. I WILL NEVER STAY AT THIS HOTEL AGAIN AND WOULD NOT RECOMMEND IT. This hotel charges nearly $200/night and doesn't have flat screen tv's, irons in the room, continental breakfast(coffee only) and it's just not worth the money or the headache .

• Stayed: June 2009
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
4  Thank friend4ever