“my reunion will be the topic for years to come!!!”
Review of Meadowbrook Resort

Meadowbrook Resort
Ranked #44 of 75 Hotels in Wisconsin Dells
Reviewed 15 June 2010

i was planing a HUGE family and friend reunion. we had kids to come first. i needed a place where its safe and room to run with them. and i picked "meadowbrook resort!!!". i was planning it year and looking all over the dells and kept going back to meadowbrook. everyone helped me all my silly questions,my trials and errors. i contracted out the ponderosa. we had alot of room to be in different places. both decks and out in front. then sat i rented the pow wow room and all had a great time. i got told over and over "you picked a great place!!!. all had fun and loved the resort............now im planning to head back this fall................"I LOVE MEADOWBROOK RESORT" i kept hearing thru the weekend of the reunion.

• Stayed: June 2010
There are newer reviews for Meadowbrook Resort

Reviewed 31 March 2010

I figured it would be a no frills experience being that they don't even have phones in the rooms, but I wasn't prepared for the utter lack of caring about the customer. After complaining the owner Scott didn't even feel the need to get involved I guess. The package I purchased like the other reviewers wasn't as described on the website and the front desk didn't really care that it was mis-represented, even after I gave the name of the person who confirmed the same info on the phone booking. The guest services directory even in the room either had half the info missing or missing or expired coupons(from 08?). The TV in the room kept switching from color to B&W. The cleaners kept jamming the plug down into the sink and the plunger couldn't bring it back up so we had a sink full of water with toothpaste every day. Expected the shower to stink and it did. Didn't get any replacement plastic cups until the last day. Less than half of the games work in the video game room and most just keep your money. The fitness center isn't even a walkin closet, total joke just to be able to list one. Front desk or any employee wouldn't do anything probably because they couldn't. The phantom owner Scott would have to be involved as nobody else has any authority to take care of a customer at all. The paper thin walls ensured that we didn't get ANY sleep while there with all the hallway running, door slamming, water running etc. It's one thing to be no frills, but another to mis-represent, and still another to not give a crap when told is sub-par. Wouldn't spend another minute here, let alone another night. Three was enough for a lifetime.

• Stayed: March 2010, travelled with family
3  Thank hobbsr9
Reviewed 22 March 2010

Meadowbrook is adorable for babies and kids up to 4 yrs. However, it lacks the basic ammenities that I guess we take for granted, such as: in room Internet access, in room coffee (though a full kitchen is provided in the bunker room, they do not provide coffee "pouches" or filters) no ice machine or in room telephones (which is especially important because there is very litte to NO cell reception in this area.) The staff was friendly (she gave me a coffee filter! :) The decor simply adorable( in rooms and out) the rooms seemed clean, though the beds and pillows were very uncomfortable. Our balcony overlooked the outdoor pool (which was closed during our off season visit) but an adorable "covered" bridge was visable, though the area was a bit busy with traffic. Cute place for young kids, but if the adults would like satisfaction, I would recommend lodging elsewhere.

• Stayed: March 2010, travelled with family
1  Thank brendajills
Reviewed 8 October 2009

Bought a package through www.dellspackages.com and felt misled. No campfire the first night, bunkhouse room was cute and kids liked it but the rest of the room was in poor shape, ie a lot of broken stuff likes lamps, table tops, etc.. Onsite indoor kiddie waterpark is cute but water is not warm enough for small children. They do not publish their rates like most reputable providers so when you call back to book after calling to check prices, do not be surprised if the rate has changed as was my experience.

• Stayed: April 2007, travelled with family
2  Thank Mpls4
Reviewed 1 October 2009

Clean rooms, friendly staff, charmingly deocrated, relaxing lodge, that is close to the main strip but just far enough away that there isn't alot traffic whizzing by. This was our first stay at Meadowbrook Resort but definately won't be our last. We have stayed several times at the big indoor water parks and would hands down choose this resort over them. We traveled with 18 month old twins, a 4 year old, my husband & I and my parents (who are in their 70s) and we all LOVED it. There was an outdoor play area for the kids in addition to a small indoor one for toddlers. The indoor pool was perfect for younger kids. All three enojyed it. It was just deep enough for them yet shallow enough that my husband and I could actually enjoy playing in it with them instead of worrying the entire time. There was a campfire outside and we had a great time roasting hot dogs and making s'mores. The rooms had beautiful views with so many trees. The beds were comfy and clean. Our room was spotless everyday after housekeeping came. There was alot of room to spread out (and if any of you have babies you know how much equipment they need - pack-n-plays, strollers, booster seats, etc). The staff was very friendly and helpful. I called at least 4 times when making reservations as we had more questions. They were knowledgeable, friendly, and patient every time. The front desk closes at 10 pm for the night but there is a security guard onsite. I appreciated that it was quiet it was at night..who wants to hear people coming and going at all hours of the night. We had a wonderful time and I would definately recommend this resort.

• Stayed: September 2009, travelled with family
1  Thank MIdwestFamilyOfFive
Reviewed 30 September 2009

We have been staying at Meadowbrook for many years and always come back. The small, family-oriented atmosphere is perfect for our family and just about anyone. The grounds are ideal for outdoors-loving folks with nightly campfires. The quiet, picturesque, environment is perfect to relax in after a frenetic day in the Dells. The room we stayed in was clean, comfortable and had a great view of the pool and grounds. The management was very friendly and knowledgeable about the area and where to eat, anything we needed they helped us with. The family owned and run atmosphere is what sets this apart from the "corporate" giants that are becoming common in the Dells.

• Stayed: September 2009, travelled with family
1  Thank Jericho324
Reviewed 8 September 2009

My husband and I took our 2 kids, 17 and 8 to Meadowbrook Resort in Wis. Dells for a family vacation. We rented a Pinecone cabin and were told it was a private cabin and it would be kind of secluded for privacy. WRONG! It was a duplex style cabin and all of the cabins are grouped together like a trailor park. I was upset as soon a we pulled up and I saw all of the cabins bunched together. Our cabin was musty and damp. The bedrooms are in the basement of the cabin and the plumbing was so loud, it was nothing we've ever experienced. The bathroom was upstairs along with the kitchen and dining area and from downstairs you could hear water running down the drain, the toilet flushing sounded like someone was showering and the shower was like a waterfall was in your room. Luckily we didn't have a "neighbor" in our cabin until the last night but we heard every word they said, every footstep up and down their stairs inside, every time they flushed their toilet. There was no sound barrior what so ever. I can't imagine if we'd had a neighbor with a baby or small children, we would have been driven nuts! Of all of this I need to point out that the beds were THE ABSOLUTE WORST. They were rock hard, lumpy, squeeky and the bedding provided was probably 25 years old. The blankets on the children's beds were so snaggy and fuzzy they looked like something I would have in our dogs crates. Another point I'd like to include was that we bought a package deal with all outdoor events and I was assured that if the weather during our stay was rainy and we would not be able to use the tickets that they would exchange them for other indoor activities without a problem or charge. Well this happened our last 2 days it rained. We tried to exchange our boat tour tickets and the tommy bartlett show tickets but were told that the Tommy Bartlett show runs in the rain and has a covering over the seats and the boat tour has inside seats to we should just go use them. Real nice boat tour in the rain...it was a nice view of all of the rock sites and such in the gloomy inside of the boat. Luckily we did go to the Tommy Bartlet show and it had stopped raining and it was very nice. Thank goodness we did Noah's Ark on the very first day or we would have been out of luck with the way the front desk at Meadowbrook cares about the enjoyment of their guests.
AVOID THE CABINS AT MEADOWBROOK, maybe the rooms inside the lodge are better?

• Stayed: August 2009, travelled with family