“bad pool experience” 1 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #61 of 72 Hotels in Wisconsin Dells
Minnesota
“bad pool experience”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 October 2007

We went for a 3 day weekend at the Skyline. We have two children, ages 2 and 5. They have two pools which were extremely cold. I spoke with the front desk and they said that the heater went out and it supposedly was fixed and would get warmer. There is a dragon water slide (small) that has a blue mat on the bottom that you slide onto. The mat needs to be replaced. The blue on the mat stained our bathing suites and legs after sliding down. When I complained to the manager they just said they would look into it. We ended up changing hotels for the final night for a place where we could actually bring the kids swimming.
Also, our fridge was not cold and our food went bad because it was not cold enough.
The breakfast buffet was good.

• Liked — breakfast
  • Disliked — pool
  • Stayed October 2007, travelled with family
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank aftongal

Solo
Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (61)
Wisconsin
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 August 2007

We love the Dells and make at least one trip every year. We enjoy Mount Olympus, and booked our rooms at Skyline because of its proximity to the park and the passes that are included with the price of the rooms. One of our rooms was fine - no complaints - but the other was infested with dozens of enormous spiders. My daughter was bitten by some sort of insect or arachnid at least twice; we assumed she was victimized by their "room mates." I alerted the front desk to the situation, and was told they would "note" my complaint. We also informed the housekeeping staff so they would know that there was a problem that needed resolution. Everyone moved from the infested room into my room for the last evening of our stay. Upon checking out the next morning, the manager on duty allowed us a whopping $11.81 price reduction for a room that we couldn't use for a night. I would never stay there again primarily because of the way this incident was handled. At least one manager should take a refresher course in effective client relations procedures, or better yet, be encouraged to find other employment.

Stayed July 2007
2 Thank webbsterWisconsin

Travellers are raving about these Wisconsin Dells hotels

Kenosha, WI
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 31 July 2007

My husband and I stayed July 28th booking a last minute trip to the Dells from our home near Kenosha. (4 hours away) We didn't research the hotels and this one offered tickets to Mt. Olympus (don't go -- the lines are 45min-1hour wait per ride!) It's not a nice hotel for $189 a night for 2 queen beds!!! I thought because of the price it would be nicer but the rooms are really basic. Ours didn't even have shampoo or conditioner and when I called to request it-- they wouldn't bring it up so I had to stop my shower, get dressed, and walk down to the lobby soaking wet! The breakfast "waffel bar" consisted of ONE waffel iron and about 15 people standing around it waiting on a turn. NO thank you! The Country Kitchen buffet was delicious! There are so many hotels in the Dells at a better value than this one. When I checked out -- they didn't even ask how my stay was. The gentleman looked in the computer, took my room keys, and said "The balance is zero, have a nice day!" So I came here to get out my frustrations of feeling ripped off. $189.00!!!! Maybe if it was $89.00 I wouldn't feel so cheated.

• Liked — It had a great little camping area with a picknick table and some walking trails
  • Disliked — The price. Rooms were not impressive for $189.00 per night~!
  • Stayed July 2007, travelled as a couple
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
2 Thank Megantpld
Thunder Bay Ontario Canada
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 July 2007

We had a party of 4 adults and 3 children aged 6&9 and stayed in the condo available at skyline. There were two bedrooms one with a king bed and the other with 2 queens. 1.5 bathrooms and full kitchen. we also had a roof top patio which was awesome. Even though we had a kitchen we took advantage of the continental breakfast for the kids. They loved the waffles. They also loved the pool facility . I read about bed bugs and we checked our beds upon arrival and all was fine. The location was central to everything. However our stay was a Wednesday to Sunday and I would not do that again. The traffic on Saturday made it most difficult to enter and exit the hotel parking lot. The staff were pleasant and brought us extra towels and light bulbs which our husbands had to put in as their maintenance person was not in. One of the t.v.'s was missing a remote and we never did get it. That was o.k as we didn't have time for t.v. The free tickets to Mt. Olympus were awesome and certainly helped us feel better after paying so much for the condo. We paid $1400. for 4 nights. I had shopped around alot and it seems this is the going rate for a condo in Wisconsin dells. Many places with condos wanted full week rental which was a problem.

• Liked — we had akitchen and cooked our own supper and 2 out of 3 lunches which helped lower the cost of our trip
  • Disliked — the condo has a spiral staircase which is very awkward
  • Stayed July 2007, travelled with family
1 Thank Kerry M
lombard,il
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 June 2007

Very friendly and prompt service. Great waffles!
The Mt. Olympus tickets made the cost even sweeter.
Forget the Fairfield/Wyndam timeshare deal Liars and have your own fun!

Stayed June 2007
Backus MN
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 February 2007

We stayed at the Skyline for a quick weekend getaway. The pools were so nice the kids loved the dragon and we got lots of good pictures. We had a mini suite that fit us 5 perfect and the room we so clean. We loved the colors. The lady that checked us in was much nicer than the lady who took our reservation. Alittle advice call on the weekend to book your room. The staff is much nicer and takes the time to answer your questions and doesnt give you an attitude like the weekday staff. We discovered this when booking our future reservation. Other than the one lady who was rude the rest of the staff was great. The rooms were great and we are going back again in April.

Stayed January 2007
3 Thank couger
Joliet,Illinois
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 August 2006

My children and I stayed at the skyline in August of 2006. I thought it was a very nice place for the money and we were given passes for everyday that we were there for Mt Olmpus (which is very costly) and Riverveiw water world. I would definately stay there again. Terri N. Gardner,Il

Stayed August 2006