“Roach Motel”

Mt. Olympus Villages
Ranked #69 of 75 Hotels in Wisconsin Dells
Reviewed 21 August 2011

The Only reason I am giving this one star is for the nice staff. However, the hotel smells like roach spray, the second floor ice machine does not work. There are cigar holes and stains on the room furniture.....Let's just say stains all over the room. I was totally disgusted then I looked down and saw a dead roach in out room!!!! YIKES. Then I knew why I kept smelling the roach spray. We also notice that the garbage in the back of the building was piled so high that the two huge dumpsters could not close. This place should be shut down!!

2  Thank iamhonest_11

Reviewed 19 August 2011

We also from the time we checked in to the time we left had problems with our room and no one seemed to care. Our room was vaccuumed but only in the middle where you walk. We had ordered in diner on our first night and a crouton fell on the floor by the table. It was still there when we left. The sink, bathtube, mirror and coffee pot were never cleaned. We were given a "fresh" towel stained with blood. I had to ask for soap. The hotel and our room had a terrible old musty smell. We had compained a few times and when we checked out we were offered a discount. When we came home they had applied a discount but of course it was not as much as they said. It was NOT cheap to stay there and for what we paid we would expect better service and a room cleaned daily!!!!! We will never stay there again.

Room Tip: don't book at theis place!
1  Thank Bonnie598
Reviewed 12 August 2011

This is one of the hidden gems of Wisconsin Dells. My family and I booked this hotel after looking through the Trip advisor website and was a little leery because of some of the bad comments on here, but I must say that the people that made the bad comments are probably the kind of people that complain no matter where they go. And YES there is no breakfast but it is not listed on their website so that was something that we knew about when we arrived. The rooms where clean and the staff was wonderful Especially Dupree and Casey they helped me with anything that me or my kids needed. This is the ONLY place that I will be staying from now on when I go to the Dells! THANK YOU SKYLINE!!! :)

1  Thank Jerry K
Reviewed 10 August 2011

This hotel was almost the worst one I have ever stayed at. There was no free breakfast - and no explanation or apology. No vouchers for any place to eat, either. The carpet had not been vacuumed in a long time. Even after my wife complained they wouldn't vacuum. Tjhe bed covers had cigarette burns in them, our "jacuzzi suite" was under the first floor, so we had bomb-shelter type windows, and we had to ask housekeeping to get two light bulbs replaced. Bot hthe toilet and tub were dirty, and had to be cleaned (by my wife) before my daughter could use them. For the amount of money we had to pay we were VERY disappointed and will not return to this establishment!

Room Tip: Ask for a room as far away from the road as possible.
3  Thank Joe S
Reviewed 6 August 2011

We made the reservation thinking we were going to get a Free Continental Breakfast included since it was advertised that way! This did NOT happen! And with no apology, explanation or way to give us something in place of the breakfast they did not offer! The price of this hotel should have included this breakfast for sure! I call that false advertising! The shower was like a dribbling faucet. The noise level was really bad both by our neighbors and the people in the pool area outside! And it was noisy WAY past the quiet time that was supposed to be followed and respected by ALL patrons of the hotel! Other than the staff being friendly, this hotel did not give us much reason to come back. And the Free WiFi that we were supposed to receive throughout the hotel also DID NOT WORK!!!!

3  Thank Wadvisor
Reviewed 4 August 2011

we picked the skyline because it had tickets to mt olympus its right across from the entrance. we stayed in the motel part room had a balcony overlooking the pool and the trojan horse. rooms have been updated and were clean . had no problems with our stay and mt.olympus was great. the only bad thing is if you walk to mt olympus its like playin frogger to get across the street. other wise great trip

1  Thank coletrain4
Reviewed 31 July 2011

This hotel smelled and the rooms were dirty. We were on the second floor and no evelvator. The website says it has breakfest yet when I asked about breakfest I was told...oh we don't have breakfest in the summer....hummm. Would have nice to kow this when we book the hotel since this was oen reason I picked it. We will not stay here again..