“Christmas Mountain during Spring Break” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of Christmas Mountain Village

Christmas Mountain Village
Ranked #28 of 72 Hotels in Wisconsin Dells
West Allis, Wisconsin
“Christmas Mountain during Spring Break”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 May 2011

I had been to Christmas mountain before, and have had a relatively positive experience, although it seems like a lot of people here aren't as happy as me and my family were. We were used to the hotel rooms with a dinky refrigerator with a microwave that you'd expect a 5 year old girl to get for her birthday.--And cook a mini cake or something.
Anyway, our first visit to CM was last fall. We got fortunate enough to get into the TImbers--and it wasn't smokey, clean, and we had a nice view. In fact, one of the first words from my children were "whoa, this is nice!".
WE came again this Spring and I booked a place to stay with RCI, and to later that I was going to be put in a cottage. You know, the little houses that looks like the government made for their army people. Barrracks. Yikes. I wasn't happy. Although I want to mention CANDY's name for helping us get to a Pine Tree Villa.
Clean, and it had 2 fireplaces, a whirlpool jacuzzi up in the master. Very nice. Don't know why they don't upgrade and get those old tube tv's out of there. Only 1 nice one for the living room, and you don't get one up in the masters. But, I can't really complain, because I didn't pay $1200 a week for this place, I got a much better deal.
We got some nice pictures in which I will show.
Washer and Dryer in the master bedroom, which is a benefit for us, having 6 in our family.
The only reason I didn't give them a perfect 5 star rating, is that every time we've come here we get really itchy from something here. Not sure if it's the detergent they use for the sheets and towels, or it's the chlorine overload in the hot tub or indoor pool.

Room Tip: Ask for a timbers, or Villa.
  • Stayed April 2011, travelled with family
2 Thank WoodsyFamily

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (88)
Richmond, Kentucky
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 April 2011

We came here for our kids spring break and read these reviews AFTER we booked our vacation so I was expecting the worst but it turned out to be a great experience. We stayed in a 3 BR 3 Bath townhouse and a 2 BR 2 Bath townhouse that turned out to be really nice. They were a little older compared to the other Bluegreen properties but they are in the process of updating them and you are out in the wilderness so the rustic-ness of it made the experience. They were clean and there wasn't anything additional that we needed, the rooms also had a washer and dryer which is SOOOO important to me when I stay away from home.
The only negative (which is why I didn't give it an excellent rating) was when we went to the pancake breakfast we had to drive through the cottages (AKA trailor park) and if BG tried to put me in a place like that I am telling you that I would FREAK out, it is the roughest area that I have ever seen BG own. Seriously the cottages look like little trailors and I don't see how in the worlld there could be 2 BR's in those little things. Luckily we needed more rooms so we picked the bigger accomadations but otherwise I would have been VERY angry. It was a HUGE eye sore and VERY VERY VERY trashy looking. I have a feeling BG must have bought this from someone else because it doesn't seem like something that BG would build and be confident with.
We didn't see the inside of any of the other units but if you are staying here I HIGHLY recommend the townhouses for a pleasant stay.

Stayed April 2011, travelled with family
4 Thank NicoleDay
Milwaukee, Wisconsin
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 March 2011

My college roommates and I were very excited to have found this property to host us for a reunion, with plans to make this our annual reunion location. I was especially excited because they were willing to negotiate on the price when I called them directly, having trouble booking online. This should have been a warning sign that this resort does not operate like a "normal" resort. When we arrived early, after being told we would very likely be able to get into our cottage before the normal check-in time, we were told we would have to wait but "they would have housekeeping work on our room right away." So, we decided to wait at the resort. The pool was small and extremely packed so that was a no-go. The resort is in the middle of nowhere so there was no leaving the property, thinking our room would be ready within an hour or so. So, we did enjoy lunch at Mulligans Sports Bar on property which was the only highlight of this resort (discount, nice service, good food). This is where our issues with the front desk staff began. We were continuously told our room was "being worked on" and they would "contact us by phone when it was ready." We waited so long, nearly four and a half hours by the time we entered our room, and no one ever called us. And, when we arrived at our room, the housekeeping staff were just leaving the room!! This, of course, means they had not been working on our room as we were continuously told throughout the day by the front desk staff. We ended up sitting in the lobby to wait. So, we got into our room at about 4:30 and had to depart by 10am. We were told they "met their quota of late check outs available" so we could not have one. So, though it was a good deal, we will never stay there again, gladly paying a premium to stay at a resort with friendly, helpful staff. We felt like second class citizens being just one-night visitors when they seemed to prioritize their potential time-share clients as more important. Stick to the business of time share, Christmas Mountain.

• Stayed March 2011, travelled with friends
4 Thank nooklesanne

Travellers are raving about these Wisconsin Dells hotels

waukesha
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 March 2011

We stayed in the cottages for a week getaway during a slow season in early march. the broiler on the stove did not work. the knobs on stove were broken and the dishwasher was super noisy. the unit was old and the floors squeaked. the heating system was awful. on the plus side - we stayed with family who were able to stay in the same combined unit next to us which was nice. negative = being that we stayed at an off peak time you would have thought that bluegreen(christmas mountain)would have wanted to put us in a nice unit - the townhouses or villas so we might have been more inclined to buy in the future. Yes - we went to a time share presentation that was suppose to be 90 min that was 4 hours. presenters were considerate and great. but with our exchange through rci we got the worst of all units at christmas mountain. our stay was in a small cottage unit where most everything was old and did not work - the unit was really kink of ucky. Bluegreen - shame on you. what a waste of time to show potential buyers beautiful facilities during your timeshare presentation and then to put them up in units like the cottages for a week that are falling apart - . when there is plenty of room in the better units . do you really think you are going to sell timeshares that way? christmas mountain is doing an upgrade in the future but that did me no good on my trip now . i will definitely go somewhere else next time.

• Stayed March 2011, travelled with family
3 Thank msgsriswald
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 March 2011

Stayed during Presidents day weekend. Checked into Villa 19, and the smell of tobbaco smoke was overwhelming. They came in and sprayed. No cell service and the wifi didn't reach us. It snowed 5" and they didn't even shovel the walkway. When I checked out on Monday I returned my 4 pool towels, and found out on Wed they charged my cc for $80 because they said I didn't return my pool cards.

• Stayed February 2011
2 Thank Quackquack321
Decorah, Iowa
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 February 2011

My husband and I along with our 4 young children, a babysitter, and family friends with children stayed in the 3 bedroom, 3 bathroom, townhouse. We arrived early and the resort allowed early check in. As we got to the house, the cleaners were very friendly, just finishing up with the home and offered to carry up all of our luggage. We maxed out the house, yet it was still very roomy, comfy and clean. The house had some wear and tear on it..but was again very clean, and well stocked. The staff at the resort were always friendly and willing to help make our stay as comfortable as they could. We all had an incredible time at the indoor pool that is very accommodating to young children. Skiing and tubing on site also proved to be great family time! The instructors with the ski school were incredibly patient with our children and a great time was had by all! Will definitely be going back during the summer months.

• Stayed February 2011
Nebraska
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 February 2011

Just got back from a four day weekend @ Christmas Mountain. If you are expecting some large Colorado Ski resort, you will be disappointed. If you are looking for a nice little ski resort for your family, you will love it. Our kids are 7 & 4 and never ski'd in their lives, so we didn't know what to expect. To say that we were pleasantly surprised would be an understatement.

We stayed in a 2 bedroom condo not far from the lodge and restaurant, literally 2 minutes away. It was clean and well maintained. The only negative part of the entire trip was the thin walls at the condo. The other half was occupied by a group of women, whom were on a girls weekend and partied pretty good and late into the evening. Fortunately, my kids can sleep through a tornado so it wasn't a big deal.

We ate twice at Mulligan's. The food there is fantastic and the atmosphere was good as well.

Probably the best part of the trip was the skiing. As mentioned earlier, our kids have never stepped foot on a mountain. So, we enrolled them in ski schools. We enrolled the boy (7) in a group lesson. Can't say that I was overly impressed with it, as there was 9 kids in the group and there was more babysitting than actual learning going on. We put the girl (4) into a private lesson. Her instructor was Seth and my wife & I were so impressed by the young man. It happened to be her birthday and Seth just took her by the hand and away they went up the bunny slope. She had so much fun with him for the hour, it was fun to watch. She wasn't ready to go down the mountain by herself when they were finished, but she sure did learn a lot and we were very grateful.

The mountain was nicely groomed. Again, the place isn't huge, but there are a dozen or so runs and they are well maintained.

If you have a young family and are looking at getting the kids out, I can't imagine asking for anything more than Christmas Mountain.

• Stayed February 2011, travelled with family