“Nice place for family”

Ranked #29 of 72 Hotels in Wisconsin Dells
Independence
“Nice place for family”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 June 2011

Stayed at the Timbers. Upon arrival, we picked the key up at the headquarters. Didn't realize we would be considered late at 5:30, but the late arrival instructions were simple to follow. Had a map to the condo which was helpful. Once we got to the condo, we all looked around and was very pleased with the accommodations. The positives: nice furniture and several tvs which are important to our family, 3 bathrooms, the beds were very comfortable. Kitchen was arranged nicely and enough pots, pans, and dishes. Decent stove and frig, this unit was very clean on the inside. Could not hear any noise from the people staying next to us, so the insulation must be good. Negatives: back porch furniture needs replaced. It was very hot the 4 days we were there and there was a huge temperature difference between upstairs & downstairs. Windows were pretty dirty. The smaller upstairs bedroom had a very bad odor, it was a dead mouse smell, think it was coming from the attic, but we left the fans running & the smell dissipated. Silverware wasn't the best. The things that were negatives would not keep us from staying there again. The price is right. It's 4 miles away from the water parks which is nice to not be right on top of everything. Good family place to stay.

• Stayed June 2011, travelled with family
1 Thank pdecker74

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (89)
Verona, Wisconsin
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 June 2011

The units are old, stuffy, cramped, and low-quality. They say they are remodeling but the only units that appear remodeled are the display models. Their time-share talk is unbelievably high-pressure and the sales people get really rude if you don't buy or recommend friends. We ended up leaving early because we couldn't take staying there any more.

They have decent daily activities for kids and both the main pool and outdoor hot tub are nice except that they are so far away from the units that you have to drive. We don't ski or golf so can't comment on that. The whole place looks like a military base with identical units one after the other. Not very appealing. The food at the restaurant is edible. It's about a ten minute drive to the WI Dells attractions.

• Stayed April 2011, travelled with family
4 Thank mictlantecuhtli

Travellers are raving about these Wisconsin Dells hotels

Shafer, Minnesota
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 May 2011

I booked at Christmas Mountain via resortcerts.com. We had an excellent deal for the week. I have been to this resort quite often-mainly to the Villas, so was surprised to find out and learn they even have Cottages. Their website does a dis-service to any other lodging besides the Villas. I was very impressed with our Cottage--quiet, peaceful, on the golf course with some woods as well. Beds were comfy, all appliances in the efficiency kitchen worked great. Did not use the fireplace. Loved the deck. Fought to keep my charcoal grill until I checked out--fire laws said they had to remove them from the wooden deck, but I had already used the grill once during our stay and it was moved to the front driveway for a final cookout. Loved having the indoor pool almost to ourselves everyday-and completely to ourselves once!! Great little work out room. Loved the free cookies at the clubhouse!

Things that could improve---1. Parking--we had many people come to visit us and guest parking is very limited-however many units near us were empty so we just used those spaces and no one said anything to us.
2. Items in the young kids area of the indoor pool are broken--one handle and one cracked seat. For an area used often by us and others I would think that keeping it in excellent condition would be a priority.
3. After check in you are asked to see the concierges--they give a Dells area guide and ask you the "Have you stayed here, want a tour" stuff. I just said I had been there numerous times, had been on a tour--oops he wanted to check in the computer. I then said I wasn't interested and never heard from them again!
4. A shuttle service or bike rental to get back and forth to the registration area would be nice gets old driving or walking to and from the unit--some can be very far away!
5. Signage of where units are--many of our visitors got lost!

Things that were really good
1. Service at check-in and check-out and in between--friendly and helpful
2. free internet access and 2 free computers to use in registration building
3. map of resort is up to date
4. great for families--we used the zero depth entry pool every day except one of our stay-one day we were there 3 different times!
5. close to our extended family and lots of friends who were all impressed by our cottage and most never knew the cottages existed before!

Mulligans and Fireside are both great for food

• Stayed May 2011, travelled with family
3 Thank kabmomma
Missouri
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 May 2011

My husband and I made a visit to Christmas Mountain Village during what would be considered off season. While there we stayed in a 2 bedroom townhouse. We are Blue Green members and this is our 7th resort that we have visited. As with the other resorts, we were not disappointed in the facility. Upon arrival we were greeted by the friendly, helpful staff. Our 2 bedroom townhouse was very clean and roomy. We ate 2 meals at Mug of Joes and our meals were quite good, portions were plentiful, and staff was attentive. There is plenty to do at this resort to keep a family active from skiing in the winter to golfing their 27 hole course in nicer weather. We spent most of our time touring the countryside and visiting Devil's Lake and the Crane Refuge. We look forward to our next visit to Christmas Mountain Village and the surrounding area.

Room Tip: Mark resort map of best accomodations for future.
1 Thank Izzy2Missouri
cedar rapids,ia
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 May 2011

My wife and I decided to take a week out of busy schedules to come to this place. Last September (2010) we found the resort and seen the outside of some luxury cabins and other wonderful looking buildings. My in-laws told us to use a week of vacation through there RCI timeshare. So we did just that, we choose a two bedroom 1 bath because that was all that was available. We had no idea what building it was going to be! We go to check in we were told room 523 which is a Cottage. Next we talked in to a Bluegreen presentation and then we finally made to the Cottage. We opened the door and a huge smell hit us like a train. The smell reminded me like the fireplace had been running around the clock but it was cold. The smell was very very musty or maybe smell of mold (unsure). We then looked through out rest of the Cottage and there was flooring in the bathroom stapled to the ground. Wife and I sat on the bed and the headboard fell of the bed frame, most of everything seemed to be way out of date. The next day we used the dishwasher for the first time every and it started spraying water across the room. We called main. and they told us not wash pans with the dishwasher and left. In the end there was ruffly enough room for my wife and I to tolerate each other. If you have more than 2 people in your party look somewhere else! My wife and I called the front desk to hopefully be moved and they told us only Bluegreen members get the better accommodations and they then wanted to sell us a timeshare. I guess anyone that is RCI gets the second class living. (the cottages)
The only good thing is hot tub and pool!

We are almost done with our week right now and we will never come back here!!!!!!

Room Tip: simply go somewhere else!
9 Thank rose0818
Chicago, Illinois
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 May 2011

I didn't know when I booked our stay there that this resort also sold time shares. When I checked in I was then directed to the "Welcome Center" where we were suddenly hit with a fast-talking salesman trying to get us to sign up for the time share meeting. I hadn't even seen my villa yet or any of the grounds other than the registration area. This irritated me and I felt it was in bad taste to ambush someone checking in for their first stay like this.

That said, I loved the grounds and the villa. It was pretty, clean, quiet, and very peaceful. There was a full kitchen so we brought food to cook and we loved the screened in patio. I would totally stay there again, but I just didn't like having to deal with the time share sales pitch.

Room Tip: We stayed in the villa which was perfect for two.
3 Thank Melanie F
Minneapolis, Minnesota
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 May 2011

We have stayed at Christmas Mountain Village in Wisconsin Dells several times now and have had a great time every time! Actually, since we stayed there once, we have never stayed anywhere else in Wisconsin Dells. Christmas Mountain Village has multiple types of accomodations, from rustic cabins to villas to townhomes. Many with fireplaces and jacuzzi tubs. The service is excellent and they recommended great things to do in the Dells (and gave us coupons). They have a fitness facility, indoor pool and play area and outdoor pools/hot tubs. We can't wait to go back again! Great for romantic stays for couples and for family fun.

Room Tip: Ask for one with a hot tub or fireplace!
  • Stayed March 2011, travelled as a couple