“Nice cabin in the campground”

Christmas Mountain Village
Ranked #31 of 75 Hotels in Wisconsin Dells
Reviewed 22 July 2014 via mobile

The cabin looked newly remodeled. The cleaning crew could use a little help. It wasn't bad but just overlooked. The beds were comfortable and the AC worked great. The kids enjoyed the pools and basketball court. Bring your bug spray!

Stayed: July 2014, travelled with friends
1  Thank Kool11
BluegreenCares, Manager at Christmas Mountain Village, responded to this reviewResponded 29 July 2014

Hello Tracie1111,

We are delighted you were pleased with your cabin at Christmas Mountain Village. We appreciate your feedback and hope you will consider returning!

Reviewed 11 July 2014

We have stayed here about 10 times total. This is a beautiful resort about a 10 minute ride outside the hustle and bustle of the Dells proper. We have rented places in various sections of the resort including the Log Cabins through RCI and the Deluxe Timbers, Oak Villas, Pine Villas and the townhomes through private parties. (There is also a campground for large RV's, Wilderness Camping for tents and the Cottages. I am not a fan of the Cottages due to their location adjacent to the campground. Not nearly as pretty.) Our most recent stay was in a two bedroom/two full bath townhome. It was 1200 square feet and well laid out and well decorated. The kitchen had all the necessities to cook meals. The price does not include tickets to the attractions, but when compared with what you get at a normal hotel room, this is still a steal. PLUS on rainy days your are not stuck in a room with 2 double beds staring at the walls. You are in a beautifully appointed home. On site are 4 outdoor pools, 4 outdoor whirlpool, 1 indoor pool, a game room/clubhouse that includes daily activities for adults and children such as crafts, golf lessons, ice cream socials, outdoor movies and much more. We were there for the 4th of July and on the 5th they had a huge party complete with bands, activities for the kids and a really good fireworks display. We have never gone to the timeshare presentation and never will. We hear it's a high pressure ordeal and not worth the $100 Visa gift card they offer. We so enjoy this place and find it so relaxing, why taint it? Here's the other part of it I love as a mom. This is a beautiful place. I am not up to a full day of go cart and golfing as my husband and 2 sons are. I am perfectly content to stay here and read by the pool or go for a walk. Restaurants (2) are on site. I prefer Mulligans to RT's Pub and Grub/Pizzeria. The latter has more of a bar atmosphere. There is also another bar at the resort near Mulligan's and the golf pro shop. Did I mention free mini golf and paddleboats? Discounts to many attractions and coupons are also given at check in. It just doesn't get any better than this.

Room Tip: We do not like the cottages. They surround the campground are the facilities and grounds are not as...
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
4  Thank beth828

Hello beth828,

Thank you for taking the time to provide such detailed feedback. We are honored to have such a dedicated and loyal guest. We are so glad to hear that you had a great stay. We appreciate your kind remarks regarding our accommodations and amenities. We hope you come back soon!

Reviewed 7 July 2014

We stayed in a 3 bedroom town home which was very modern. It had everything you could possibly need even laundry detergent and dish soap. I did find a few rose petals and bobby pins on the floor from the previous guest. The resort has so many things to do, but it is so large, depending where you stay you will need to drive everywhere. We had to drive just to get to the pool. They have many daily activities for young children, most have a small fee. The check in process was very long. After waiting in a large line, our room was not ready. They called us on our phone when it was, then had to come back again and stand in very long line. Then you are directed to the concierge where they try to talk you into attending a time share presentation that lasts 2 hours. Same long wait for checking out. I was disappointed with the indoor pool because in the picture it shows some swings for toddlers. The swings were not hung up, but our family enjoyed both the kiddie slide and the larger slide.

Room Tip: Choose a town home if you have a lot of people
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank angel0615

Hello angel0615,

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience at Christmas Mountain Village. We are glad to hear that you took advantage of the variety of things to see and do at our resort and the surrounding area. We are sorry to hear about your disappointment with the indoor pool and other inconveniences. We hope to have a chance to welcome you and your family here again!

Reviewed 6 July 2014

I checked into a 1 bedroom townhouse that was updated! I was very pleased. The living space had a chair right by the fireplace, a comfy sofa with a huge ottoman, flat screen on wall, a rustic dining table that seats 4, a small but nice kitchen with granite counter tops, nice appliance as well. Fully stocked with everything you need to cook. The bathroom decor was beautiful. It also had granite counter tops with dark cabinets. There is a stackable washer and dryer. Just be careful of doing more than two liads back to back the dryer sensors will trigger and cut for awhile. Still very convenient. The living area and the bedroom have vaulted wood ceilings. The bedroom is nice with a comfy king size bed.

My only complaints would be you can hear the people in the adjoining 2 bedroom unit walking around in their upstairs. The 1 bedroom is on one level. I guess that's with any hotel room.

The white mouths outside your door are terrible at night. We had to run in and hurry up and close the door because they fly in every time it opens.

It its call Christmas MOUNTAIN Village for a reason. There was a very steep hill to get to my unit. I was a bit intimidated at first but it was fine. Although I can't imagine making it safely to the bottom during winter months.

Overall I was pleasantly surprised and would love to visit a again.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank mommiy

Hello mommiy,

Thank you for sharing your review for Christmas Mountain Village. We are pleased that you loved your stay and would be excited to come back again. We are happy to hear that you found our condo-style accommodations perfect for your vacation. We appreciate your feedback and look forward to welcoming you back!

Reviewed 26 June 2014

I come to Christmas Mountain Village every time I visit Wisconsin Dells. I love it here and always bring my family. We always book the townhome and bring our own meals to cook. I love the privacy of the master bedroom.

I have gone swimming, used the hot tub, miniature golfing, played sand volleyball, and rode the little boats. I love the fact that I can add all of this to the itinerary whilst I am there.

I only take townhomes when I do visit and am never disappointed.

Room Tip: Get into a townhome.
1  Thank Angela R
BluegreenCares, Manager at Christmas Mountain Village, responded to this reviewResponded 28 July 2014

Hello Angela R,

Thank you for taking the time to share your positive experience at Christmas Mountain Village. We are happy to hear that you experienced the variety of things to see and do, such as miniature golfing, sand volleyball, and swimming. We would be delighted to welcome you again!

Reviewed 23 June 2014

We stayed in a 2-bedroom cottage, and from the outside, it looked pretty small. Fortunately, inside seemed much bigger. While it can sleep up to 6 people, I think it would be quite crowded. We were at 4, and it seemed about right. The Kitchen has limited counter space, and the cupboards are rather high.

There were 3 TV's in the cottage (1 in each bedroom, and 1 in the living room). There was even a blue-ray player, which was unexpected. The cable was also very good, as we were able to get the Disney Channel for our young children. Wi-Fi was pretty sporadic, but that is generally expected at most resorts. The beds were very comfortable, although they were extremely high (my son had to take a running start, and he's over 4' tall).

If there is one flaw to the cottage, it was the housekeeping that should have been done before we arrived. We found a straw on the bathroom floor, cigarette butts on the porch, an empty cigarette pack on the side of the cottage, and a beer bottle cap on the walkway. When the front desk was notified, they did send someone right away to clean up, but I expected more when I got there. The other thing that didn't sit well was when the smoke detector started beeping from a low-battery at 3:30 in the morning. The maintenance people did come to change it, but they then had to test the system, which woke up my kids. I would have expected all batteries to be changed on a regular schedule and not when they start beeping.

The main flaw outside was the lack of play area near the actual cottage. While we could travel a few "blocks" to get to an area to play, the cottages are so close together that our kids could not really go outside.

4  Thank Troy S

Hello Troy S,

Thank you for staying with us at Christmas Mountain Village. We are pleased to hear that you liked your cottage and its amenities. We are sorry to hear that our staff did not meet your expectations. We invite you to contact us at info@bluegreenvacations.com if you would like to share additional details or discuss further. Thank you for your feedback.

Reviewed 14 June 2014

Hi, we are currently staying in the villas. We were placed in a villa that looks like the ghetto. The front yard of the villa looks like some work was recently done and looks awful. The windows look like they have not been washed in years. Dusting also appears to be a housekeeping option. And they asked us to attend a selling session. Maybe they oughta consider placing RCI exchanges in accommodations that might inspire buying into their timeshare? Also we invited friends to stay with us that might have been perspective clients. Not so much where we are staying. Also the villas are poorly constructed you hear your neighbors clomping around however long they decide to clomping around. So far not a place I would return to, much less buy into.

Room Tip: Do not stay in the villas.
9  Thank CJGurnee

Hello CJGurnee,

We appreciate you taking the time to bring your concerns to our attention. At your convenience, we would like to discuss your particular concerns and hear more about your experience. Please contact us at info@bluegreenvacations.com. Thank you for reviewing your stay at Christmas Mountain Village.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Wisconsin Dells
Hilton Garden Inn Wisconsin Dells
Best Western Ambassador Inn & Suites
Best Western Ambassador Inn & Su...
#4 of 75 in Wisconsin Dells
Wintergreen Resort & Conference Center
Wintergreen Resort & Conference ...
#29 of 75 in Wisconsin Dells
#12 of 75 in Wisconsin Dells
Baker's Sunset Bay Resort
Baker's Sunset Bay Resort
#11 of 75 in Wisconsin Dells

Been to Christmas Mountain Village? Share your experiences!