My husband and I own with RCI at a Gold Crown Resort in FL. We were placed in a two bedroom 2 bath cabin at Christmas Mountain Timbers with not much assistance on what we were getting into. Our adult children arrived on Saturday and spent a couple of days with their friends. We did not arrive until Wednesday after they had already left. Upon our arrival we were very dissappointed with the room and the cleanliness (not anything that they left). I asked if we could change rooms as our friends were coming up the following day with a young child. They said there was nothing else available but to try back the next day. We went back to the room and I started to fix a snack. When I opened the kitchen drawers there was mice droppings in the utinsel drawer. Not one or two it would have filled a tablespoon. I was so upset I took pictures and started looking more thoroughly. The unit was very out of date with red carpet in the living room. Rusty register covers. Dirt filled air duct covers, etc. It was not condusive to a one year old running around and crawling on the floors.
I took my camera and went to the front desk and told them my findings and stated that we could not accept this kind of condition. They checked and at first said nothing was available. I was not going to accept that response. I stood my grounds and they said that one was available for the length of time that we needed but it was not cleaned from the last guest. I said not a problem let us go look at it first. We did and it was very nice and alot newer and cleaner.
We were able to transfer over to the other room but would have been very embarrased if our friends would have had to stay there for even and hour.
I think Bluegreen needs to do some more thorough checking on these units and get them updated and cleaned by professionals.
This is on the verge of a Health Department issue. If at all possible you need to look at the units before renting.
The villas are very nice and a good option. We would not recommend the cabins unless it is a group of hunters or snowmobilers needing lodging for a nite or t wo.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Christmas Mountain Village, Wisconsin Dells' premier golf and ski resort. Guests of this resort enjoy one of the Dells' best 27-hole championship golf courses and a pristine groomed hill for downhill and cross country skiing in the winter. Offering some of Wisconsin Dells most spacious accommodations, choose from one and two bedroom villas to grand three bedroom townhouses. Rustic log cabins and timbers spaced throughout this expansive resort, give vacationers their own private spot in the woods. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Travel Republic (UK), Odigeo, Expedia, Choice Hotels, Hotels.com, Priceline, TripOnline SA, getaroom.com, Evoline ltd, Cancelon and HotelQuickly so you can book your Christmas Mountain Village reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Christmas Mountain Village Hotel Wisconsin Dells
- Christmas Mountain Village Wisconsin Dells
- Christmas Mountain Village Wi Dells