Just got back from a four day weekend @ Christmas Mountain. If you are expecting some large Colorado Ski resort, you will be disappointed. If you are looking for a nice little ski resort for your family, you will love it. Our kids are 7 & 4 and never ski'd in their lives, so we didn't know what to expect. To say that we were pleasantly surprised would be an understatement.
We stayed in a 2 bedroom condo not far from the lodge and restaurant, literally 2 minutes away. It was clean and well maintained. The only negative part of the entire trip was the thin walls at the condo. The other half was occupied by a group of women, whom were on a girls weekend and partied pretty good and late into the evening. Fortunately, my kids can sleep through a tornado so it wasn't a big deal.
We ate twice at Mulligan's. The food there is fantastic and the atmosphere was good as well.
Probably the best part of the trip was the skiing. As mentioned earlier, our kids have never stepped foot on a mountain. So, we enrolled them in ski schools. We enrolled the boy (7) in a group lesson. Can't say that I was overly impressed with it, as there was 9 kids in the group and there was more babysitting than actual learning going on. We put the girl (4) into a private lesson. Her instructor was Seth and my wife & I were so impressed by the young man. It happened to be her birthday and Seth just took her by the hand and away they went up the bunny slope. She had so much fun with him for the hour, it was fun to watch. She wasn't ready to go down the mountain by herself when they were finished, but she sure did learn a lot and we were very grateful.
The mountain was nicely groomed. Again, the place isn't huge, but there are a dozen or so runs and they are well maintained.
If you have a young family and are looking at getting the kids out, I can't imagine asking for anything more than Christmas Mountain.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Christmas Mountain Village, Wisconsin Dells' premier golf and ski resort. Guests of this resort enjoy one of the Dells' best 27-hole championship golf courses and a pristine groomed hill for downhill and cross country skiing in the winter. Offering some of Wisconsin Dells most spacious accommodations, choose from one and two bedroom villas to grand three bedroom townhouses. Rustic log cabins and timbers spaced throughout this expansive resort, give vacationers their own private spot in the woods. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Choice Hotels, Expedia, TripOnline SA, Agoda, Evoline ltd, Cancelon, HotelQuickly, getaroom.com and 5viajes2012 S.L. so you can book your Christmas Mountain Village reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Christmas Mountain Village Hotel Wisconsin Dells
- Christmas Mountain Village Wisconsin Dells
- Christmas Mountain Village Wi Dells