“A wonderfully unique getaway”

Mt. Olympus Villages
Ranked #60 of 72 Hotels in Wisconsin Dells
Madison, Wisconsin
“A wonderfully unique getaway”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 August 2010

My family and I tried something new this trip and stayed at The New Concord Inn. We were not dissapointed. The kids loved playing in the pool and its so close to all of the attractions. All we had to do was drive down the road and found every place we wanted to go to. The front desk staff was always so courteous and we never had to ask for anything twice, if we had to ask at all. I highly reccommend staying here on your next trip.

• Stayed August 2010, travelled with family
2 Thank taw83

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (10)
Chicago, Illinois
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 August 2010

Not knowing any better, checked in and booked 2 rooms for 2 nites. Rooms were dark and dank; a/c raised humidity levels. Terrible beds, carpet nasty, shower just spit out water. The lobby and pool area, first things you see, are very misleading. Cancelled 2nd nite of stay and charged $15/room to cancel! Stayed at a much nicer place for just a few more dollars!!!!!

• Stayed August 2010, travelled with family
1 Thank tchof10
mpugh, Manager at Mt. Olympus Villages, responded to this review, 9 August 2010
Dear Trip advisor Member , We would like to thank you for your taking some time to post your comments in regards to your recent stay at the New Concord Inn. I apologize for any inconvenience you may have experienced. We strive to make sure each guest has a pleasurable experience. It would have been our pleasure to move you to a different room had we known there was a problem and you were not satisfied with your accomadations. We hope that in the future you would give us a call and we would be happy to make sure you have nothing less then the best stay.

Travellers are raving about these Wisconsin Dells hotels

Stockholm
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 August 2010

The lobby and the pool area of the hotel are actually in decent shape and makes you thnk the rest of the hotel will follow suit. Not the case.

The rooms are in desperate need of renovation and the locks on the room are a joke. Frnot desk was friendly enough but a bit clueless. Why is the lobby closed all night?

There are better values in the Dels than here.

• Stayed July 2010, travelled with family
Central Florida
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 July 2010

Stayed at the end of June, 2010. Room was not cleaned due to a Do Not Disturb sign being hung on the door. Clerk at night offered room for an additional night for the same rate as we had paid for past two nights, AAA rate. Claimed she would notify Manager. Talked to Manager in the morning to pay for additional night and she would not honor the agreement. Said that it is a Wisconsin State Law that they are not allowed to enter the room with the sign on door. She agreed the sign was most likely put on by kids as a prank but said that it was too bad. Said the room would be $30.00 more for a Friday night stay, if I didn't want it at that rate she was almost full someone else would. Told me that it was ten minutes to 11:00 and I had better hurry to get out.
Note: the same night as the room was ignored the a/c unit stopped working at around midnight. No one answered the phone when I called. We were considering leaving but the a/c started to work. Actually worked too well - freezing cold but we didn't want to touch the thermostat in fear it would stop again.
Had stayed at this hotel for years but not for approx. eight years. Place needs to be updated it is old and tired. You can get a better deal at another property. The Dells has plenty of rooms to choose from, keep driving past this one.

• Stayed June 2010, travelled with friends
Chicago, Illinois
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 June 2010

Upon arriving at the hotel, which was early, I was able to check in earlier then the 3:00pm check-in. The lot was empty, so I thought that I would be able to get a jump on the pool with the family.
I got my room and brought my luggage into the room and my eyes began to water and burn immediately from the smell of cigarette smoke. I have 3 small children and the smell was terrible in the room. I went to the manager immediately and ask her to change rooms because of the strong smell of smoke and she said that they were booked. (There were 2 cars in the parking lot..) She said that they would "freshen" the room for me. So I went back to the room and waited to see if the cleaning person would come to "freshen it up". The cleaning person came in with a plastic bottle of Febreeze or something like it, and he began to spray the curtains and carpet. Wow! Now that made it all better. Now the smell of chemicals was so strong, that we had to step out of the room for a couple of hours. This was supposed to be a non smoking room.

There was a safety pin on the curtains to keep them together, so that they would stay closed....
Fridge was unplugged, so had to wait for a long time to cool up....

Bottom line is, if you want good customer service and a clean room, look elsewhere....
Thank God, I only booked this room for one night!!!

• Stayed June 2010, travelled with family
Chippewa Falls, Wisconsin
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 June 2010

First there was no manager at 4 p.m. to talk to about canceling a one night stay. Was told it was up to my internet booking to cancel and come see the manager at 7 a.m. the next morning, which was then too late to cancel. Upon arriving the refridgerator was not working, froze up solid, no one to help me and had a 2, 5, and 7 year old in the room. In the middle of the night the toliet overflowed which was not noticed until it was used a few more times, but the kids dirty clothes and the pool towels absorbed it all. Went down in the morning to speak with the manager about everything and she answered the phone 3 times without hearing my complaints. No refund for the night not used, no apology for the overflowed toliet, no compensation for the trouble of having to now haul around toliet filled clothes and towels. Disgusting place to stay with no one working to help my situation. I went with my grandchildren and had the worst stay ever. This was father day weekend and was suppose to be a fun filled weekend, but ended up being a nightmare. I want to thank the manager and owner of this place for this experience, next time my $400.00 that I spent on your hotel will be spent somewhere else.

• Stayed June 2010, travelled with family
iowa city, ia
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 February 2010

I want to be as nice as I can about the New Concord Inn. I am usually pretty easy to please and I was for the most part OK with this hotel. This hotel just seems to be very tired and somewhat neglected. It had its better days and needs to be spruced up. Things I liked: The front desk employees, as they treated us well and were nice to visit with. The location of the hotel. The size and comfort of the beds. A small refrigerator and microwave in the room. Parking. Clean hallways. The things I did not like: The front office is closed from the late evening until early morning. The security of the outside door and the room doors. (Old style keys and somewhat aged locks) The size and shape of the pool itself. (the indoor waterpark would be great for little kids) The rooms heater was very old and hard to adjust. Not the cleanest room and bathroom I have ever seen. Burn holes in the beds comforter. The ragged looking washer and dryer located next to the ice machine. I did not feel the need to change hotels for any reason, but the hotel is just so tired looking and needs attention. I would not stay here again unless I had no other choices.

• Stayed February 2010, travelled with family