Decided to give Cliffside a try based on Tripadvisor reviews instead of one of the large water parks. Unfortunately, it didn't live up to the reviews in my opinion.
Check in took about a half hour. I was 2nd in line but the phone kept ringing and instead of getting the other person in front of me and I checked in the phone callers took precedence over us standing in the lobby.
We booked two lakeside double queens. Both rooms as well as the whole resort is in need of updating. The carpet in general hall areas is dirty and worn. Walls throughout the hallways could use a fresh coat of paint.
Our lakeside queen was dirty when we checked in. There were crumbs and dirt all along the baseboard carpet. There was a thick film of dirt and dust on the grout in the bathroom. Beds were tired and worn, thankfully I brought my own pillows on a recommendation of another Tripadvisor review. The walls in the room were dirty and had black scuffs all over.
The outside pool area has a great view but lacks enforcement. I understand parents need to control their kids but numerous times the owner of the resort watched as kids climbed up the waterside and blocked the ending of it so others couldn't use it. The rules are posted at the slide,apparently the owners don't seem a need to enforce them. I felt the owners should have some control of the pool area to ensure all guests have a chance to enjoy it.
We had a family of it appeared 9 check into the room next to us our second night. They had small children that were slamming doors,yelling,running in halls etc. Finally at 10:30 PM I called the front desk to complain. A call was made to the room to I assume ask them to quiet down. They didn't. Finally at 12:30 AM I called the front desk again to complain. It's not managements fault some people don't respect others and believe its ok to be that loud and allow their children to stay up making very loud noise past midnight. It is managements fault they never walked the halls after the first complaint to make sure the problem was fixed.
We had originally had both rooms booked for a third night but our party decided we couldn't take anymore at Cliffside and luckily got the last room at the Holiday Inn Express our last night in the Dells. When I informed the owner we were checking out early she told us they were moving the loud family. A little late, I had asked to be moved at 12:30 AM during my second complaint call and was told it was not an option.
I really wanted to like Cliffside Resort but is in MAJOR need of a renovation and more hands on management. It has a great location and views but falls flat after that.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Overlooking beautiful Lake Delton, Cliffside Resort has been a relaxing getaway for over 30 years. All pools, indoor or outdoor, have panoramic views of the lake and the Tommy Bartlett Waterski Show. Our outdoor pool has a 60 foot water slide and floating polar bear. Suntan on our decks, fish off our docks, or enjoy an evening bonfire on the lake. Registered guests can also utilize our soothing sauna, workout in the exercise room, and play a game of billiards in the game room near the outdoor pool. The resort also offers picnic areas by the pool and on the lake for small and large group gatherings. Our rooms have balconies and standard amenities, including: 32 inch flat panel TVs, free WIFI, micro-fridges, hair dryer, coffee-maker, iron/board, and telephone. The room sizes range from 2 person Jacuzzi suites to 8 person family suites with handicap accessibility throughout the resort except for the lake front. ... more less
- Also Known As:
- Cliffside Resort And Suites
- Cliffside Resort Wisconsin Dells
- Cliffside Hotel Wisconsin Dells
- Cliffside Resort Suites Wisconsin Dells