“It was ok for what we needed”

Caribbean Club Resort
Ranked #47 of 73 Hotels in Wisconsin Dells
Mokenaee
“It was ok for what we needed”
Reviewed 2 August 2014

The condo we stayed in was ok but could have been cleaner (example: I reached behind the bed to plug in my phone charger and came out with a ton of cobwebs, the kitchen was dusty and the rugs were not very clean looking). The bathroom was a little worn looking too.
We weren't planning on spending much time there so it was ok but I expected it to be a little nicer. Also, while they had free wifi we could never connect to it inside, everyone we talked to had the same issue - it only worked outside! The condos do not have central air and the air conditioning units were not easy to access, one bedroom didn't have a unit in it so relied on the one in the living room. On the positive side the people behind the desk were very nice and the pool area was exactly as shown in the pictures. The pool was also heated which was very nice as the evenings we were there were a little cool. The condo we stay at was on the 2nd floor and had a balcony and chairs out there so that was nice to sit on at night and in the morning and it was a quiet area. We didn't use the beach area but it looked clean and well maintained.
It did look like some work was being done on some of the condos so maybe they are doing some updating. I would consider going back and staying again just for the outside area, the location and the price. We stayed in the 300 building which was by the pool.

Room Tip: I would recommend asking if they have any rooms recently updated and also to stay in the 100-300 are...
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank Cheryl W
CaribbeanClub, General Manager at Caribbean Club Resort, responded to this review, 15 December 2014
Cheryl W,

I appreciate your business at the Caribbean Club Resort. I strive to make sure each and every guest has an enjoyable stay with us. I apologize that we didn't make that happen for you. This is not the type of reflection that we look for when people do decide on their vacation spot in the Dells.

Thank you for bringing the housekeeping and Wi-Fi issues to my attention. I've read your review to the housekeeping staff and can assure you that this issue is being taken seriously. We have also made many new upgrades to our Wi-Fi service that we offer guests. I feel confident in telling you that the problems from the past have been rectified.

I want to make this right for you and your family. Please reply to me at your earliest convenience, with your contact information and a good time to contact you. I look forward to speaking to you soon.

Solo
Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (27)
Saint Paul, Minnesota
Reviewed 29 July 2014

Our group of four women take a trip every year. The reservationist (James) was most helpful answering all my questions. First of all, our group must commend the cleaning staff. The rooms were neat and clean... everything in order. The condo (507) was nicely decorated, had 3 TV's which were new, beds very comfortable, convenient parking, good location, and a floor plan which suited our needs. Besides all of that, the price was right! We even got a AAA discount.
We didn't use the pool, but agreed children would enjoy playing in the water and using the slides, etc. We also didn't use the beach either, but noticed the beach was small, but adequate. Evidently, there is another beach, but we never saw it. We also didn't use the indoor pool which looked very inviting. We would not hesitate recommending the resort.

Room Tip: Ask about the various floor plans. They are all different. The rooms are less expensive not facing...
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled with friends
785Karen,

Thank you so much for your recent stay with us and taking the time to write such a nice review of the Caribbean Club Resort. We look forward to serving you in the future for any of your vacation needs. When booking your reservation please ask for our returning guest discount. Thank you again, and we hope to see you soon.

Chicago, Illinois
Reviewed 27 July 2014

We have been staying here with family every other year for about 20 years. We booked three rooms for three nights, checking in on Thursday. We did arrive before check-in time (about 2:30 pm) and they said none of our three rooms were ready, understandable as it was before check-in time. My mom nicely asked if they could let us know when one of the rooms would be ready since my dad is handicapped needs to have access to a more accessible bathroom, and the man at the front desk was extremely rude and said they had lots of rooms to clean and would get to them when they could.

Our room was very nice (507), my parents were in 113 and that one could use some major work. Gross carpet and bedding. The outside pool is great, very warm. The indoor pool could use some work, and the whirlpool tile is pretty stained.

The pool is supposed to open at 9:00 am, and on Sunday when we were trying to get the kids in quick before checkout and they still had the gates locked at 9:20.

Overall I would say you can't beat the lake view and the decks to grill and hang out, but the service needs some work and the resort needs some updating.

Room Tip: Room 507 was great!!
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank MBGL431
MBGL431,

Thank you for the business you provided us at the Caribbean Club Resort. I apologize for the poor customer service you experienced while you were a guest of ours. We strive to make sure that each and every guest has a positive experience while our guest, and I'm sorry that did not happen for you.

I've taken your review and used it in training all of my staff at the resort. The poor service you experienced should never happen to anyone. I've also discussed your concerns with the owner of the condo you stayed in. In response he has made many new upgrades to his condo, including the carpeting.

I want to make this right for you and your family. Please reply to me with your contact information and a good time to get a hold of you.

Peru, Illinois
Reviewed 19 June 2014

Great place to stay! We stayed in room 615 it was very clean and accomadating right on lake delton with a private beach, very relaxing with fireplace and a jacuzzi bathtub in the room. Outdoor/indoor pool kids loved. close to all the attractions and downtown

• Stayed May 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank allison s
Allison S,

Thank you for taking the time to write such a nice review of your stay with us at the Caribbean Club Resort. We really appreciate your business and look forward to serving you again in the future.

When booking a future stay with us please make sure to mention the past guest discount that I can offer you.

Reviewed 2 June 2014

It's been over 10 years since my husband and I stayed at this resort. We loved the stay ten years ago but coming back we noticed the resort was dated with dirty looking carpet in the bedroom. The condo we had was clean but not tidy for a rental. I would rate the condo itself 2 stars and 3 stars overall for the condo being on the lake.

Room Tip: We had condo 103 which is steps away from the lake.I would choose the lake view instead of garden vi...
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank Val G
Val G.

I want to thank you for your stay with us at the Caribbean Club Resort, and for taking the time to write a review on your stay. We use these reviews to help improve our overall product to our guests. My goal is to make sure each guest has an enjoyable experience with us. I'm sorry that didn't happen during your stay.

I want to make this up to you and your family. Can you please reply with your contact information and a good time to get a hold of you. I look forward to speaking with you soon.

Milwaukee, Wisconsin
Reviewed 29 May 2014

We stayed in condo 207 for four days the room was relaxing and clean and everything you need was there in the room. The jacuzzi was the highlight of the room. When we walked in the room my friend said we are going to book this room for next year at the same time. We fished everyday that we was there.the bed was so comfortable my friend still talk about now that we are home. After getting back home on Tuesday my deposit was released on Thursday I could go on with my comments but i would run out of room.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
Mary W.

Thank you so much for your business and taking the time to write such a nice review of your stay with us and the condo you were in.

We look forward to serving you again in the future. Please mention the returning guest discount when booking with us again.

Grafton, Wisconsin
Reviewed 18 May 2014

We stayed in condo 406 and had an excellent experience. The condo was very clean..the Jacuzzi was awesome!! We defiantly will be returning. I recommend carribean club resorts if you want a comfortable stay in the dells!!!

Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
Katey S.

Thank you so much for your business and taking the time to write a review on your stay with us at the Caribbean Club Resort. We strive to make sure each and every guest has a positive experience while they are our guest. It is important to me that everyone feels like the Caribbean Club Resort is a home away from home.

We look forward to serving you again in the future. Please remember to mention the returning customer discount when booking your next reservation.