“FUN EVERY TIME”

Alligator Alley Adventures
Chicago, Illinois, United States
“FUN EVERY TIME”
Reviewed 20 July 2013

My family and I visit the Dells every summer and have been coming to Alligator Alley for over ten years. The store has done a fabulous transformation and is growing bigger and bigger. It is super affordable and comes with the next day pass for free. Feeding a live mouse or rat isn't so bad as it may seem. It is brought out to you by the staff so you do not have to touch it. The Alligators know its showtime when people come in and chase after the prey. It is a way of life and very cool to see up close. The store is run by the owners and maybe 1-2 employees. Both owners are always there when we come. Ive never seen such hard working and dedicated owners honestly, the wife runs the front and takes care of customers while the husband cleans every single exhibit, alone and inside with the animals. They genuinely care for all the animals and there is no sign of animal cruelty AT ALL. The owner knows everything there is about reptiles. It is his passion and it shows! Like I said we make sure to stop on our visits and we are always entertained. We have also seen the owner hand feed the largest alligator he has in the big tank! Im telling you dont just buy an admission tour, buy a live-feed and youll absolutely enjoy it!

North Manchester, Indiana
9 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 11 helpful votes
“Interesting.”
Reviewed 9 July 2013

This attraction costs $7.95/person for a two-day ticket. I'm still not really sure why they give out two day tickets when it takes less than an hour to see everything here. They have alligators, two headed turtles, snappers, caimen alligators, anacondas...... You have the option to feed certain animals. You can either buy mice or meat. The mice cost $4.95 each. I would suggest not buying the food and just wait for someone else to buy them and watch. The people that work there actually stick the mice in the tanks for the animals to eat. It is neat, but I wouldn't buy more than one mouse as it can get expensive. They have reptiles that you can buy in the front as you walk in. You can also have your picture taken holding an alligator and a snake. It's a neat tour but I wouldn't go back for the second day.

1 Thank swillcox89
5 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 5 helpful votes
“Fun way to see gators, snakes, and turtles up close”
Reviewed 9 July 2013

We have been to Alligator Alley two times. My children love seeing all of the animals up close. For an additional charge you can purchase a live mouse to feed to the animals. I thought this may scare my three year old daughter, but she noticed another family doing it and went to observe. To my surprise she was not scared. She immediately asked me if she could feed a mouse to a snake. Overall a fun experience. The sight is pretty small, but there are a lot of animals in that small amount of space. Owner is very friendly and is happy to visit with guests.

Visited October 2012
5 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 8 helpful votes
“Ok”
Reviewed 8 July 2013

This was just ok. Though the gators and other critters were interesting, this attraction was far too short for the admission price.

Milton
78 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 56 helpful votes
“Gators!”
Reviewed 19 May 2013

I have a teenage son, 16 he loved this attraction. Why you ask, because he gets to feed gators! This a smaller attraction but we had so much fun here. The staff are very nice and personable. Hint, this is also a buy one get one free on a Dells Splash Card. You can buy several items to feed the animal. A customer can feed the gators in the large tank cubes of meat, or a live feeding of a mouse or rat. While this might not appeal to some, we found it very interesting. If you feed with a live animal you can also choose to have one of the staff give it to one of the many other reptiles. So you can see how a 16 year old boy would like it. The packs of meat are only 3.99, the mice and rats are more. You can also have your picture taken with a small gator for 12.00, (don't fear the mouth is taped shut). We will definitely visit again.

Visited May 2013