“Decent Mexican food in Wisc Dells”

San Antonio Mexican Restaurant
Ranked #66 of 192 Restaurants in Wisconsin Dells
Reviewed 24 July 2013

Their Salsa was fresh but mild. The server brought us their red and green tomatillo salsas - the green was far far better. I ordered fajitas and the veggies were cooked and not greasy. The tortillas were hot and served in their circular tortilla box.

There are newer reviews for San Antonio Mexican Restaurant

Reviewed 28 May 2013

My boyfriend and I were excited to try this place when we first saw it as we both love authentic Mexican food but we were both disappointed. The salsa that came with the meal had no taste to it and the red and green sauces were watery. The food that we ordered was not horrible but it was very bland tasting. They charge for any extras you add to your food so it ended up being somewhat expensive; I would have rather gone to a normal sit-down restaurant for the price we paid or go to Taco Bell down the street for much cheaper.

1  Thank Leanne S
Reviewed 21 May 2013

We have been coming here for 2 years now and I have to say..... It rates with some of the best Mexican restaurants in Chicago. The food has been excellent. The prices are average. You can really tell Mexican food by the way they cook their beans. This is excellent. The rice water is great. If you are looking for good Mexican food..... This is e spot. The service is not the most courteous but this is common for authentic Mexican restaurant. They are not rude, just not into many conversations. Small place maybe 15 tables. But we'll worth the wait. .

1  Thank rpm1774
Reviewed 21 April 2013

We were looking for mexican food and asked some of the local bartenders where to go. Many suggested this place. Good food prompt service. Salsa could have been more. We will stop again.

Reviewed 20 December 2012 via mobile

We couldn't find much on this resturaunt so were a little reluctant to try it but had a taste for Mexican food so decided to go for it.
It's on a side street of downtown Wisconsin dells so it's convienently located. This city is pretty dead during the winter months so we were actually the only people in there late on a Wednesday night. They have a pretty large menu and the pricing is alright. We were greeted and seated by a nice woman as soon as we got in and she came and checked on us a lot too. The place is clean and I liked the atmosphere.
Only thing I would note is that the sodas come in bottles so I don't think there's free refills.