“Memorial Day Weekend Horror” 1 of 5 bubbles
Review of FairBridge Inn Express

FairBridge Inn Express
Ranked #14 of 15 Wisconsin Dells B&B and Inns
Hartland, Wisconsin
“Memorial Day Weekend Horror”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 May 2013

We have never been so disappointed with motel. From the add on line, we thought we were staying at a Fairbridge Inn & Suites. Fairbridge this is not! The review that gives 10 reasons why they hate this place is right on the mark!

First of all, we walk into the office to check in and find that the outdoor pool is not open. They haven't even started filling it. They were painting the rocks to try and make it look more appealing. We then find out that the WI-FI doesn't work. I did have work that I needed to get done but that ruled this out. When we went to the pool building, to get to our room, the buildings look like a SLUM. Once in the room, my wife sits down on the bed to find that it squeaks terribly. I sat down on it to find that it is like sitting on 2 x 4's with foam rubber covering it. My wife has major problems with her back and I do too. There is no way that either one of us can sleep on this. I called the office and complained. They offered to upgrade us to a 2 bedroom suite with a kitchenette at no additional charge, trying to keep us there.

The bed was better so we agreed to it. When I was transferring our belongings from the 1st room, while I was still outside I could hear her laughing. I walked into the so called suite and found her holding the toilet seat like a frame around her face! The toilet seat had fallen off as she was trying to use it!

I went to get some ice and asked at the front desk why the fireplace didn't work. She informed me that I needed to remove the lower grate to be able to flip the switch on. She offered to come and show me. When we walked into the room, we found my wife wiping the Jacuzzi tub with toilet paper. It came out totally black. The gal then went and got some sanitizing cleaning product and cleaned the tub out. While it was a kitchenette, there were no plates, glasses, silverware or pans. The outlet in the bathroom was not a GFI and didn't even work! We had to stretch the cord to the kitchenette sink area to use the hair dryer.

The blanket on the bed didn't even cover the top of the bed. I've seen better at Goodwill! There was black mold on the window frames, walls had multiple holes with minimal repair. The doors locked but I don;t think they would have kept anyone out that wanted in. We heard every step the occupants made and the Jacuzzi in the upstairs room was so loud, you felt like it was in your room.

The office was advertised to be open until 11 PM. The ONLY Ice machine, was in the office area. On Saturday night, the office was locked up by 9:30. On Sunday it was 10:30. I guess the young man at the desk had hot dates both nights! So much for ICE!

My wife went over to check out the pool Sunday night only to find that the Hot Tub was roped off and closed. When she asked at the office what was going on, she was told that the pump had burned out. When we went over to the pool to swim, she went into the women's bathroom only to find that someone had barfed all over the room and no one had cleaned it up.

When looking closely at the water in the hot tub, it was very obvious that someone had gotten sick in there and that was why the hot tub was closed.

There also was a pair of men's underwear laying at he bottom of the swimming pool.

I would believe that this Motel is a Health Hazard to humans! DO NOT WASTE YOUR MONEY STAYING HERE. NO MATTER HOW CHEAP THEY OFFER IT, it is not worth it! ! ! !

Room Tip: Avoid this place at all costs. I wouldn't stay here again if it were FREE!
  • Stayed May 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank daguitarman

Solo
Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (16)
wausau, wi
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 May 2013

I commend the friendliness and hospitality of the woman who checked us in..they were experiencing computer problems and she simply handed us our keys and said...."we'll take care of it tomorrow"...awesome. After that we easily found our room and easy parking.....pool looked nice...hot tub too.....room was fine...lil' old, but expected on my part....I must say after reading all the bad reviews I was a bit apprehensive...but overall it was a large room with a small bathroom, but the wetbar counter outside the bathroom made it roomy enough. The in room hot tub was waaay cool...it had a lighting feature that changed colors and just made it Las Vegasy....TV worked fine...bed comfy....noise...no issue....in all honesty would probably not stay again...simply because of the price.....I bboked online and I do expect tax and some addt'l charges...but when it goes from 79 to almost a hundy I guess I have a problem with that. I do not begrudge them their price....and it was my choice to book online......done again I would for sure do differently.
We did hit a pizza buffet...called Pizza Ranch a short 2 blocks from the premises....9.25 a person...go hungry if you want to get your money's worth....but overall was an ok choice....Tried to tell hubby it was just like the Shakey's that left our hometown 20 yrs ago...but did not equal up.
Regardless....it was a good nite of visiting with daughters and food and a peaceful nite's sleep....You take it from there.

• Stayed May 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank schatzi8364
Plymouth, Minnesota
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 October 2012

We recently stayed at FairBridge Inn for 2 nights. We were in the "new" back building. To be honest, from the outside..it's a little rundown. Needs a new coat of paint. But the inside (for the price) was not bad at all. We had a King w/ Hot tub....it was very relaxing.
Pluses
-Location
-Parking (well lit, plenty of parking)
-Fireplace
-Newer TV (however the remote was missing ...luckily we don't watch tv much!)
-Hot Tub
-Nice Decor/room colors
-Shower actually had power to it!
-Indoor Pool right outside our door

Minuses
-Could have been a bit cleaner (this is me being picky)
-TV remote missing
-Pool outside room (people loud at night)
-Bed was a bit noisy
-Some wallpaper/paint peeling in spots (mostly around hot tub)
-No WIFI

I would stay here again for this price with the hot tub in the room. (that is why we went with this motel)

• Stayed October 2012, travelled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
La Crosse, Wisconsin
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 October 2012

Ten reasons why I hate this hotel:
1. Pictures of the room were deceiving.
2. Scary location and doors are not secure
3. NOT an "INN & SUITES" as the hotel claims
4. No staff, no house cleaning, no one to attend to my needs
5. EVERYTHING is worn out
6. EVERYTHING is dirty
7. Holes in the door
8. Whirlpool had some hair, missing pieces and partially working
9. Beds were horrible

*****10. Had to take pictures of this room before entering so the hotel would not sue me for all the broken things and the dirty room.

Don't book your hotel here, you'll REGRET it.

Room Tip: Just don't stay at Fairbridge Inn & Suites and you'll have a good room.
  • Stayed October 2012, travelled on business
2 Thank Chy Mala Y
Sioux City, Iowa
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 August 2012

When we were arrived, we were surprised to find that the locks used old fashioned keys (not safe). The room looked nice upon arrival, even though we could not (and never did) find out how to turn on the fireplace in our room. My friend and I went to an attraction at night and came back to close our curtains, only to find out that our curtains didn't actually fit over the windows--at ground floor, anyone could've looked into our window and my friend and I, as young women, felt unsafe. The desk closes sometime before 11 and you cannot get any help if there is a problem after that. So I was up on a chair tired, trying to fix our curtain/hang a towel up. Then, as we looked around more, we were more disturbed. Yes the tub was nice but it was all cracked up the sides we saw. The next morning after going in the pool, I went to dry off. They had no pool towels. I realized that one of the ladies who had no uniform or identification on walking around was a maid. I asked for towels but she said there wouldn't be enough yet. SERIOUSLY? No towels?! Here is what needs to be done plain and simple: 1. Have staff wear a uniform. 2. Have curtains that cover windows. 3. Have extra towels on hand always. 4. Fix cracks in tub. 5. Paint the outsides of the buildings--they look old and ghetto. 6. Febreeze the front lobby--it's smelly. 7. Update lock system. 8. ALWAYS have someone there to help if there is a problem. CUSTOMER SERVICE IS EVERYTHING all of the time. I am sure that I would've had much less to complain about had they had the staff there to help when I needed it but I didn't. The staff was very helpful in the daytime and I realize that those who I spoke to could not control the problems, but they need to have help 24 hours! The bed was comfy and the tv and shower worked so we stayed and dealt with the problems. But I would not ever recommend this to anyone. If I could give it a 1 1/2 star, I would because a 1 is a brothel and they were not that but they certainly did not deserve 2 stars.

Room Tip: If you MUST stay at this hotel (though I am not recommending it), get a room towards the back of the...
  • Stayed July 2012, travelled with friends
1 Thank HonestIsBest
Barrington, Illinois
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 August 2012

Spent about $500 on two rooms for two days. No house keeping. No fresh towels for two days. The stove was so dirty you wouldn't use it. The freezer in the frig was so packed with ice a hot dog wouldn't fit. The furniture was really badly scratched up, holes in the walls, missing light bulbs, and the cigarette butts and empty packages made the dirty plastic lawn chairs outside our unit evermore appealing. When I nicely complained, they gave me a $40.00 credit off the 500+ I had prepaid. StAff was polite.

Room Tip: Stay at another hotel
  • Stayed August 2012, travelled with family
1 Thank Susie b
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 August 2012

While the central location was nice and the staff friendly and helpful, the property itself is worn and dirty. The capers need cleaning. The shower curtains had mildew on them. The towels were soiled. The window curtains were in a state of disrepair. The mattresses were the hardest I have ever slept on. I can not recommend this property.

• Stayed August 2012, travelled with family