“Interesting Local Museum” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of H.H. Bennett Studio

H.H. Bennett Studio
More attraction details
Owner description: Visitors learn about the life and times of the 19th-century pioneering photographer H.H. Bennett at this historical learning center and museum.
Willowbrook
29 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 41 helpful votes
“Interesting Local Museum”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 May 2014

If you're interested in photography and/or history, you'll enjoy the Bennett Studio. I agree with the other reviewer who said it was the best part of the downtown area. Not that the tacky shops are much competition. The before and after photos in the upstairs gallery are especially interesting. Also there's a nice little gift shop. When we visited we had the whole place to ourselves which was nice for us but bad for the studio. I hope attendance is better in the summer months so they make enough to keep the studio open.

Visited May 2014

Chicago
30 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 127 helpful votes
“Great for kids to see the before and after. We loved it.”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 May 2014

My kids wanted to learn about the beginning of the dells. This place is a great opportunity to see the before and after. They have HH Bennett's original studio. My 8 and 9 year old boys loved it and were very interested.

Visited May 2014
2 Thank rpm1774
Evansville, Wisconsin
38 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 38 helpful votes
“Best display of Historic Wisconsin Dells!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 May 2014

I enjoy history and the history of The Wisconsin Dells has always intrigued me. Besides seeing the photographs that H.H.Bennett had taken there is a room upstairs where they have before and after pictures that are over a hundred years apart ... very interesting!

Visited June 2013
2 Thank Kendall S
36 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 45 helpful votes
“Amongst The Trashy T-Shirts Lies A Gem”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 March 2014

Honestly, this is like the best part of the downtown Dells area. If you have the time, you should definitely stop in. We especially like the original studio part. Kids might get a bit bored, but they will like some of the interactive parts.

Visited September 2013
2 Thank WISCONSINPACKERFANS
Milwaukee, Wisconsin
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 12 helpful votes
“Neat Historical Tour”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 January 2014

I enjoyed the historical tour. It is a nice change of pace from the usual Dells fluff. It is self guided and you read your way through it. I loved seeing all the nostalgia of the past. I recommend this tour if you enjoy museums.

Visited August 2013