Christmas Mountain
Reviewed 11 October 2013

My in-laws own a place on Christmas Mountain, so my experience is only in staying at their place, we have not rented our own unit yet, so I can't speak on the cabins, other units, etc. Also, I have never been in winter for the ski season, but I would love to as I hear it's great!

There has been a LOT of upgrading here and it is beautiful. The new landscaping is such an improvement. My favorite thing to do while here is for my wife and I to immerse ourselves in the big outdoor hot tub. Talk about relaxing! Ahhhhh. The mini golf is fun and there are other things available like sand volleyball, horseshoes, bags and so on.

There is a fantastic golf course too, but I am sorry to say I have never golfed in my life, but this course sure makes me want to try.

I love waking up on an early morning with the dew still wetting the grass, hopping in the in-laws golf cart and just driving around the mountain, saying hello to the wonderful people who stay there.

Christmas Mountain to me is a new family tradition that my wife introduced me to right before we got married, so it will always hold a special place in my heart. Why don't you go ahead and try the place out? You just might find a new tradition for your family too.

Reviewed 6 September 2013

Pros:
1.We were guests of an owner, although we have been told that "all this" will be ours someday. We were not bothered to sit through the timeshare presentation. We were asked to do so, politely said no, and it was not brought up again.
2. We stayed in a townhome, and it was very clean. I did note that they need some heavy duty limescale remover in the bathroom.
3. Cozy and country, very "ski lodge" type of feel.
4. Staff was very polite, check in was timely.

Cons: Bed was small, but the room was too small for a bigger bed, like a king. My husband slept with his feet hanging off the bed every night as a result. Our backs were sore every morning. Seriously the most uncomfortable bed I've ever slept in, including an air mattress.
2.We had very poor cell reception while at the townhome, We could get text messages but not calls. Since we had boarded our pets, it was important for us to be able to receive calls.
3. Poor design--we couldn't use the fireplace because of the placement of the only chair in the living area. This was not a big deal to us, but it seems like a wasted amenity if patrons can't use it. There really wan't any place else to put the chair to use the fireplace.
4. Only the indoor pools at the reception center were available for use.
5. Construction appears to be rather poor. The floors creaked when we walked and the walls were paper thin. For just after Labor Day, you'd think they could spread people out a bit more. We could hear every step from the adjoining side.
6. No views to speak of, and there were tons of windows. If we kept the blinds up, we could have spied on our neighbors all day long.
7. The ceiling fan in the bedroom clanked away, we had to turn it off and we both prefer to sleep with the fan on at night.
8. Cheap, although functional and clean appliances. It was impossible to watch a movie with the dishwasher running. We could hear our neighbor's dishwasher, washer/dryer, and every shower or hot tub they took.
9. One of the lamps had a short in the cord, rendering it unusable, will request this be fixed now, but we didn't want to worry about anyone coming in while we were gone.

Since this was meant to be a romantic get-away, we were not dissatisfied with the stay, however this was not the area to put a guest in if you are trying to sell timeshares. If I was an owner, I'd be pissed off that this is all I got for my money. The beds were the worst part. We're pretty go with the flow type of people, but since we have a family member we did look with a critical eye.

Reviewed 3 July 2013

we stayed in a newly remodeled unit and it was great. three tvs, full kitchen,tennis,basketball. 2 pools, and best of all our unit was separated from others. great stay

Reviewed 2 July 2013

The villas are WAY NICER than the townhomes as of 2013. We stayed in townhome for first two nights and were raided by hundreds of bugs in bathtub, I forget their name, My husband knew what they were, they are harmless and attracted to places where there is moisture trapped and virtually cannot be gotten rid of without removing the source of moisture completely. Anyway, mildlly complained 5x, made several calls with little resolve that we could not stay in this room b/c we aren't using bath, 3 more calls to desk letting them calmly know they don't want me upset if it wasn't resolved and request to use one of my free upgrades and they moved us to BEAUTIFUL VILLA--same points cost as townhomes, but more than twice the sq feet, and patio--I need to put pics on b/c they are so much nicer now. The pool area is great for small kids, teeter totter, two slides, the biggest water slide my kids have ever used on their own without fear, take your lifevest, it will save your back,and if you have been using pool rings instead, try it, its soo much better! Paddleboats, playground, gamerooms, smores, beach area with toys for kids, mini golf are a few options for the kids. take frisbees and games because if you stay in a newly renovated villa, you will be happy to stay in and use your jenn air patio cooktop for burgers and steaks. very relaxing stay--after the first two days, BG recovered nicely in my mind and we saw people in our prev townhome working on the issue so they did follow up so props to them on that.

2  Thank TreehouseTwins
Reviewed 6 June 2013

not all the units are updated and the townhomes have a lot of staris but they are very roomy and work well for a family. we had a great time and liked the great indoor pool at this facility.

2  Thank CindyJarvis66