This was exactly what I expected a motel to be, but clean and well kept. There are certainly nicer places to stay, and if the idea of staying in a vintage 1950's paneled and cinder block interior with motel-quality pillows, sheets, towels, comforter, etc. doesn't sound unappealing to you, then I would recommend it. The pools (indoor and outdoor) are very nice, heated so that they are really comfortable, and clean. The motel is about a half mile walk from the downtown strip (Ripley's, Wizard Quest, etc.) but you need to drive to any amusement or water parks.
A couple of nice extra touches are: On Saturdays they build a bonfire (I wasn't there on a Saturday.) Another is that they are presently running a promotion where you receive a free Dells discount card (normally $10,) and free passes for everyone for each night you stay.
The staff is nice enough--although when I asked the receptionist if there would be any problem with checking out early, she told me no, and I even asked her if there would be any charge, she told me no. She ended up charging me $10, and when I told her that she didn't tell me of the charge when I asked her the previous day, she told me it was standard and that I had signed a contract.
The first room they put us in (for $90) was awful and I immediately asked to change rooms, which they did without a fuss. Stay away from the standalone building with four rooms and no picture windows. There was no bathtub, it was dark and stinky, and really depressing.
I ended up switching to the Hilton for $140/night, after two nights at the motel which began to get depressing. I felt the Hilton was well worth the extra $40. Overall, if you like the idea of a motel, then I wouldn't hesitate to recommend it. If you want a more modern hotel with higher quality amenities, skip it and head for the Hilton.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- We have the Best rates and Great Hospitality in Wisconsin Dells with deals on many Attractions. Located on 11 beautiful acres of wooded area, yet within walking distance to Downtown Dells. Check us out on TripAdvisor as we are in the top 10 Best Resorts in Wisconsin Dells. Indian Trail Motel is a great place for your next Wisconsin Dells Lodging place. We are one of the most pleasant, unique, and peaceful places to stay in the Dells. We take pride in our work and strive to make sure you will enjoy your stay ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, TripOnline SA, Hotels.com, Ebookers, Evoline ltd, Cancelon and 5viajes2012 S.L. so you can book your Indian Trail Motel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Indian Trail Hotel Wisconsin Dells
- Indian Trail Wisconsin Dells