“Highly Recommend” 5 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #10 of 72 Hotels in Wisconsin Dells
Issaquah, Washington
“Highly Recommend”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 July 2012

We greatly enjoyed our recent stay at Baker's Sunset Bay Resort for a family reunion. The resort is conveniently located and well-maintained. The staff was pleasant and very accomodating with our special requests. The Canyon room was perfect for a gathering area which we had access to our entire stay. The condos we stayed in were clean and very comfortable. I highly recommend the Baker's Sunset Bay Resort if you are looking to stay at a location off of the main Wisconsin Dells drag.

Room Tip: We stayed on the first floor and our room was very quiet. You couldn't hear the neighbors at al...
1 Thank DChris75

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (167)
Chicago, Illinois
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 July 2012

I stayed here last month and immediately upon driving in, I thought the property was pretty nice. When I went to check in, they told me my price was much higher than the email confirmation I had received, one of the office women, was very rude and degrading, I don't know if the fact I was African American, had something to do with it, but it was very discouraging. They didn't have a receipt for me in the system and she kept shoving a book in my face saying "this is the accurate price, what you've been quoted is wrong". I had to pull the receipt via my phone email to prove to her the accurate amount. When I went to speak to the owner the next day, she said the worker was new and gave me a refund of one of my nights. (I checked out immediately the next morning). The rooms were OK, a bit dated, and the property was nice, a bit far from everything in the Dells, but I was very uncomfortable here.

Room Tip: I think the newer large suites are probably very nice.
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
3 Thank JamesonJunior
, Owner at Baker's Sunset Bay Resort, responded to this review, 12 July 2012
Mr. Dixon,
I am so very sorry that you had that experience at our hotel. The person that checked you in was new but that is no excuse for making you feel uncomfortable. I don't know how your rate got changed in our system and that is not something that we do. I'm sorry you left and wish we could have made your stay more of what you expected.
Dawn Baker
Owner / General Manager
Sunnyvale, California
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 July 2012

Enjoyed the experience at your resort. The rooms were comfortable and spacious. Your attention to our needs for time we were there was much appreciated. Any time we had any special requests, they were granted quickly and timely. The location was just what we were looking fo. Close to the attractions, but far enough away to be quiet. We were made welcome at all times.

Room Tip: The condo units we had were excellent.
2 Thank Chuck C
Indianapolis, IN
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 July 2012

If you want to be away from the hustle and bustle of the Dells main drags, but near enough for convenience, and you appreciate having a beach and a view of the lake, this is a great place for you. Everyone we encountered was nice. The indoor and outdoor pools were both nice, and had good hours (7am to midnight). Free tickets to the Kalahari Indoor Theme Park (the one with a rope course and go karts -- lots of fun, but note this isn't a water park); free use of kayaks, rowboats, and ping pong. The beach is large enough for volleyball, teatherball, ping pong, with space enough for folks to just hang out or build a sand castle.
The rooms were clean, but older furnishings, appliances, and accents. The entire property either had a strong citrus smell from the cleaners they use or else a slightly musty odor, so avoid this place if you are a pregnant woman. One day it took them until after 3 to clean our room, but it got done and they left us lots of supplies.
Overall, a great stay/'value. Would go back again.

Room Tip: The king suite is where we stayed and they are all good, because they are all on the top floor with...
  • Stayed July 2012, travelled as a couple
2 Thank yolandael
Cascade, Iowa
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 July 2012

We were making our plans for our vacation and came across one of their package deals that was really appealing to us. So, I got online and made a reservation. However, about an hour after making it, I was informed by my husband that we had to cancel our plans. I called the hotel (within 2 hours) to cancel our reservation being fully aware that they could charge me $25 service fee for cancelling but being that I just made it, I was hoping they'd waive it for me...NOT ! I talked with the woman who processed my request and she told me that she would have to have the manager cancel the order the next morning. She wasn't sure if the $25 fee would be waived. 2 days later, I called back to see if it was cancelled yet and the guy said that it wasn't (which ticked me off !) but he would do it for me now. When he told me I would have to be charged the fee I explained the whole situation to him. He then said he'd waive it, so I thanked him.
Got an email this morning telling me that they charged me the $25 fee !!! I called and complained but it did no good. I was fully aware that they could charge me so It is partially my fault but to lie to me to get me off the phone was unexcusable........Will NEVER book with this place or with any other hotel that charges like this ! So make absolutely sure you want this hotel and read the fine print !!!!

• Stayed July 2012, travelled with family
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank ssjjbb2
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 June 2012

One big problem of the Dells in WI is the huge tourist trap it is. Bakers avoids that gross over stated neon jungle. It has a nice out of the way but close to everything location. A great location to wind down after splashing through the huge nest of water parks.
The staff was helpful and fun. We were part of a huge group and we received top notch service day and night. A fun friendly security guy checked in on us.
So much fun.

• Stayed July 2011
1 Thank EricMor
Hudson, Wisconsin
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 June 2012

I have nothing but praise for Dawn and the staff of Baker's Sunset. We had our family reunion for over 45 people there. We selected Baker's because it had most everything we were looking for in a resort. Foremost was a gathering room, which their Canyon room was perfect for reconnecting with family from across the country. Baker's had a good selection of accomodations for everyone. It was on Lake Dalton and away from the crowds. We spent 4 days there and the staff took care of all of our requests and always with a warm greeting and a smile. During our research for a resort, Dawn was very gracious during our visit and answered all of my emails. The family members were very pleased with our choice of the Dells and Baker's Sunset. I would highly recommend the Dells for a family reunion. It has something for everyone, from age 3 to 80. Baker's Sunset is a great place to stay and relax.