“Love this place!!” 5 of 5 bubbles

AmericInn Lodge & Suites Wisconsin Dells
Ranked #22 of 72 Hotels in Wisconsin Dells
“Love this place!!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 March 2014 via mobile

Check in was seamless from two wonderful, helpful, and friendly staff. Just so happened to be Happy Hour when I checked in, so after bringing my bags to my room, I went back and had a couple of Heinekens. The bed was comfortable and pillows super plump and comfortable. The walls and doors must be extra insulated because, of the three nights I spent here, I never once heard a thing. I am a very light sleeper and don't usually do well at hotels. This Trip I had 3 full nights of sleep.

Then, the breakfast all three mornings were the best I have experienced. Eggs, sausage, waffles, cottage cheese, yogurt...the list goes on and on.

Finally, check out was at 11:00 and I had nowhere to go until 1:30, so I asked if I could hang out for a couple of hours. The lovely lady at the front desk didn't hesitate and said with a smile "Absolutely" and invited me to sit and relax on the couch, watch tv, and use the internet. As far as Customer Service, this place gets an A+!!

Stayed March 2014, travelled solo
1 Thank Mike G

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (51)
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 March 2014 via mobile

This would be the second time that I have checked in to the hotel in the last 3 months. The first time was mediocre but this time just ridiculous. I checked in late and it is 6 degrees outside and not heat on in the room. They had only 2 bath towels and 2 hand towels in the room. No wash cloths at all. They knew we were checking in with 2 adults and 2 children. The next morning we had to wait for towels to take a shower in the morning. The housekeeping staff came at about 1030am. We told the that we are leaving out at 1130 and our room was never touched. The TV kept changing channels on it's own. Finally, at 10 pm I called down to ask the front desk if they knew of any pizza place open that delivers at this time, and the agent told me "no, you call call around a see for yourself" ok. I work in the hotel industry and that is a simple task that you should know working in a tourist area. Ugh!

Stayed March 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank Shawnquita C
New Glarus, Wisconsin
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 February 2014

This AmericInn is not only clean but the staff are very friendly. The rooms prices are excellent and you’ll get a clean room with extra outlets for electronics up on the desk. The lobby is very inviting with 2 couches placed in a “V” in front of the 2 story high stone fireplace. Several restaurants close by as well as easy access to most of the major attractions in the Dells if you are here in warm weather.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled as a couple
Merrill
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 February 2014

I keep a $5 bill in the bottom of my makeup bag for emergency purposes. My husband and I left our room for the day right before housekeeping got to our room in the morning. We came back to the room around 5-6pm. I was looking in my makeup bag and noticed my $5 was missing. Not only did housekeeping take my money, but they had to dig all through my bag to find it, because the bag was closed, not zipped, but the cover was over it, and the money wouldn't have been visible even if you just lifted the cover, it was way at the bottom, underneath all my stuff. That was very disappointing, and I was creeped out, wondered what else they dug through of mine.

Also, it was very difficult to get clean wash cloths. When we checked into our room we had just one wash cloth, total. My husband took a shower so I went to the front desk to ask for 2 more wash cloths. They had none. She even checked an empty room and that room had none! She asked if we could just wait until the morning to get wash cloths. I said it would be nice to have them tonight. Less than 5 minutes later she showed up at our door with 2 wash cloths, so that was nice. Then the next day we had left 1 used wash cloth hanging in the shower, the rest were dirty. Housekeeping left us only 1 clean wash cloth. Not a huge deal, but it would have been nice to have a couple.

On a positive note, the bed was very comfortable and clean, the TV and WiFi worked well, and the whirlpool was clean. The continental breakfast was very good, there was a nice variety of hot and cold foods.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled as a couple
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
Review collected in partnership with AmericInn Hotels and Suites

2 Thank Kathryn D
Iowa City, Iowa
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 February 2014

The room was clean, staff was attentive, and the location was good. We just needed a place to spend one night, (no time for the pool or lounge, since we arrived late) so the price was pretty important. Compared to other nearby hotels, this was a great deal. The room was modern with a fridge and microwave. Nothing fancy, but everything was neat and tidy. The sink was outside the bathroom, which can help if you have kids trying to get ready in the morning. They offered a free breakfast, which was OK. If you have more time, search out a restaurant. I would have no problem staying here again.

Room Tip: Rooms on the back side have a view of the woods with a small stream.
  • Stayed January 2014, travelled with family
Portage, Wisconsin
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 January 2014

Great facility, clean, updated, very nice.

The swim area has a large hot tub, sauna, pool w/ basketball hoops and a kiddie area- more to do and more room than I had anticipated looking at the photos.

The staff was amazing- Lisa (I think) was our "Happy Hour" hostess during the Packer game and was great!

Breakfast had a little bit of everything and was better than expected- the gentleman who was tending to breakfast was very personable and fun. Great way to start the day.

My 3 kids and I had a great time and the price was amazing, we live in the area and like to go on "mini-escapes" to break up the winter- we will definitely stay here again.

Thank you for everything!

Room Tip: I appreciated our room close to the lobby/ pool area on the 1st floor.
  • Stayed January 2014, travelled with family
Fitchburg, Wisconsin
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 January 2014

What a nice surprise to find a nice reasonably priced hotel in the Dells area. Emphasis on reasonably priced. The hotel was decorated nicely and the staff was very friendly & helpful. We had a beautiful view of the woods from our balcony. We will definitely be back. The breakfast was nice, but I was not a fan of the scrambled eggs (?powdered?). Definitely not a reason not to go back!

• Stayed December 2013, travelled with friends