“Awful”

Ranked #60 of 74 Hotels in Wisconsin Dells
Wisconsin
“Awful”
Reviewed 4 January 2010

The room was dirty and the toilet was clogged when we checked in, the tv didn't work for a whole day, the bedroom was freezing, there was no where to park and they didn't seem to shovel the stairway leading up to our room--someone could have gotten hurt! Overall, it was awful. The only nice thing about it was the "free" passes to Mt. Olympus--it gave us the opportunity to get out of the awful room for a while!

1 Thank WisconsinTraveler126

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (7)
Illinois
Reviewed 31 December 2009

I visited Dell last week with bunch of friends and stayed at this hotel. We stayed @ Riviera and let me tell you that it was a very good stay overall. I am not sure how these guys could afford a Skiing package deal with Cascade Mountain but cost came out to be like $40 per person with the stay and that was a steal. I had great time at the hotel as well since they have brand new jacuzzi and Indoor pool that we enjoyed thru out our stay. We booked a room with 2 doubles and a sofa bed 4 Adults. Room was very clean and big enough for all of us.

I was very satisfied with my stays. They served Free Continental Breakfast and to me that’s just an add-on to us. Seeing my experience, I would love to stay in here again. I am thinking of visiting in summer time and this place is definitely in my mind next time I come around.

Wauconda,IL
Reviewed 7 December 2009

I was planning a get-a-way trip for myself and a friend. I saw a great deal for this place. I was a fool. The price was cheap, however the stay was just the same...Cheap! I pulled in the parking lot and it looked nothing like the internet pictures. I thought I pulled into the Bates Motel! I waited 15 minutes for a young fella to come out from the back and assist me with my check in. That process was quick. When we got to the room, the door did NOT lock from the inside, there were crumbs in the bed as if the sheets were NEVER changed, there was a piece of wood missing from the night stand, the whirlpool had cracks in the bottom of it, and there were lightbulbs out above the bed. My friend and I developed a sudden emergency and had to leave. We had to pay for the first nights stay, and PLUS an additional 10 dollar fee for the second night that we had reserved. We were out a place to stay and $82.15. It was a good thing I did some research prior to our arrival on other hotels so we had another place in mind we could go. We went to the holiday inn express. That place was at least clean and comforting.

1 Thank monster0212

Travellers are raving about these Wisconsin Dells hotels

Wi
Reviewed 30 November 2009

I'm not one to write reviews, but in this case, I think this hotel is getting a bad wrap, from our viewpoint anyways. We stayed there in May. Didn't look at the reviews at that time, but with a rate of $65 or so that included Mt Olympus passes for all of our guests, we couldn't go wrong. BUT, I was still hesitant since it was so affordable thinking that something would be wrong. We took our own bed sheets and towels 'just in case', but everything was fine. Sure, maybe it's not as glamarous as other hotels in the area, but for what you pay for, it was good. We stayed in the Royal Whirlpool Suite and was pleastantly surprised. The room was clean and we had no problems.
Then we decided to go again this past month and I wanted to look around for other hotels and started reading the reviews. I was appalled by what people put on here because we didn't have that experience at all. So i thought maybe we got lucky by having everything go so well, but after our recent 2nd trip (again to the Royal Whirlpool Suite, it was great for us. We had no problems with the cleanliness or anything like that. Everything was clean. We didn't have a kitchen in the room, and that's where a lot of the negative comments are coming from. But we had no problems and it was a great trip. They did just redo the pool (we didnt' see the original one) but it looks fine. Just a plain pool; nothing for the kids, but they have the outside area in the summer. I think next time we will try another hotel that includes Mt Olympus passes as well just for something different, but I would definately recommend that style of room with the disclaimer to not expect a 4 star hotel, but something where you will be comfortable with spending the reasonable fees for staying there.

• Stayed November 2009, travelled with family
Elmhurst, Il
Reviewed 10 September 2009

I booked this hotel after looking at it on line. Looks are deceiving. This hotel/motel was the dirtiest we have ever seen. It was suppose to have been renovated but we believe they went right over the mold and dirt. Our son has allergies and I thought we were going to have to take him to the emergency room he was so bad. We could not wait to leave. We tried to avoid the motel as much as possible. The rug was filthy. The stove still had bacon from some previous guest (not necessarily the last guest). We had planned on cooking and eating at the motel but changed our minds and ate out. I would not recommend this motel to my worst enemy. I rate this motel less than 1. A big fat 0

• Stayed August 2009, travelled with family
7 Thank needlepoint
Wisconsin
Reviewed 30 August 2009

OK, first if you don't believe this review, please inspect the rooms beforehand. I have stayed 25+ times in Wisconsin Dells. This is the bay far worst Motel yet. They call the rooms-"Whirlpool Family Suites" What a crock. Rooms are unfinished, they claimed "renovated", dirty, parts falling off of things. Fridge did not work, power outlets did not all work, and were crickets and ants in room. Don't do it!

• Stayed August 2009, travelled with family
3 Thank seanyy11
wisconsin
Reviewed 24 August 2009

My husband and I wanted to go to the Dells for our anniversary. Most of the hotels are quite spendy and since this one was newly remodeled we decided to take a chance.

Bathroom:
No working cold water
mold on shower curtain
light bulb out
mold on the ceiling
thick white soap scum on shower shelves

Wet Bar:
Coffee Maker Dirty

Room:
Fruit Flies
Non smoking room (yeah right saw a maintenance man next door smoking a cigarette and blowing the smoke everywhere)
Nonfunctioning light

Staff:
Am staff- requested a new shower curtain and pillows. Stated they'd be delivered to our room. Pillows never came. Maid service cleaned our room, but never changed the shower curtain.
Pm staff- requested pillows again and to have the shower curtain replaced. She said that maintenance was gone for the evening and that if the mold was a big deal just to shower with the curtain open and then its the staffs fault if water gets all over and ruins the bathroom since they never replaced the curtain.

All of this was reported on check out. Not one thing was done to make up for our terrible stay. Infact the staff at the desk said oh would you be interested in staying with us again? No thank you! Beware and stay away.

After calling and speaking with the manager. No discount was applied to our account nor was anything offered. She did thank me for calling and letting them know so they can fix the problems. But from the look of the other reviews it doesn't look like they are very interested in fixing any of their problems.

• Stayed August 2009, travelled as a couple