“GROSS”

Ranked #62 of 74 Hotels in Wisconsin Dells
Manitowoc, Wisconsin
“GROSS”
Reviewed 4 August 2013

I called the May flower to make reservations for a weekend, I was never told that the Flamingo Hotel had brought out this hotel. So when I received my confirmation it said the Flamingo and was unable to cancel with out loosing money. (this is a place I had been to before and didn't care be at ever again). We arrived and registered for our room and could not believe the room that they called a mini suite. Strings of dust coming off the ceiling, carpeting that was so stained that you didn't want to walk with your socks off and a pull out couch that should of been condemned. We then had the pleasure of hearing drunks at 2AM yelling and pounding to get in their room and the person inside was drunk and passed out. Another neighbor had a full blown stereo system was playing it to the point that the walls and floor vibrating. This same neighbor thought it would be cool to have a party at 3am in the morning. When reading over the rule of the Hotel
they close at 10 and you have to call the police to take care of the problem.

Then to top of every thing as I was walking up to my room on Sunday morning I notice a huge rack of towels sitting out side of a garage. I looked in farther and noticed that there were a bunch of washers and dryers and Items stored on selfs in the garage in plastic bag. If you go to this hotel ENTER AT YOUR OWN RISK!!!!! To me the Free Noah's Ark ticket were not a perc in any way.

• Stayed August 2013, travelled with family
5 Thank 800bigred1

Business
Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (48)
San antonio
Reviewed 4 August 2013

Omg where do I begin. There was a line at the desk that had no order. Everyone standing where ever to check in. There were only two people the desk. There were people complaining about the cleanliness of their rooms. Others told their room was not available. Housekeepers running late. Not the guests problem, but rooms were not ready. We did not even get out keys until almost 5 at night. The man at the desk was off the charts rude. He never welcomed us, nor did he smile. I tried to joke with him but he just rolled his eyes at me and said "whatever." Whatever!!! Yeah, whatever, that's what he said. I get to the room and it was nasty. The carpet was black from dirt and grime. There was some disgusting red liquid running down the wall. It looked like vomit. I went to the desk to complain. The guy did not look surprised. No apology, in fact he did not believe me. All he did was give me a key to another disgusting room. This time there was mold in the bath, toilet ran and tv had all of 5 channels. I went back to the desk demanding a refund. The guy at the desk was arguing with a customer because the the pools were not open. He was so rude and when the customer he actually said "stupid fat B-word." I went to the desk and asked for a manager, the guy said the manager is out for the day and that he was the supervisor on duty. Really!? This guy can't even tie his own shoes I bet. And he is in charge? When I was telling him about what was wrong with the rooms he interrupted what you want a refund or something I bet. Yeah I do! He actually asked if we used anything in the room and if we did he was going to charge a cleaning fee? For what to add filth because they don't clean the rooms. When he was doing the refund he asked for me to return the tickets that came with the room. But we used them. He actually charged us for the tickets, no apology nothing. I suggested he take some customer service training he told me to mind my own business. I'll just take my business elsewhere

Room Tip: Watch your children shady employees watching kids play in pool.
8 Thank Kevin C

Travellers are raving about these Wisconsin Dells hotels

Inver Grove Heights, Minnesota, United States
Reviewed 4 August 2013

My husband and I stayed here during the cold weekend of 7/27/13 for three nights. First of all I must say I was so appalled at the grumpy, cheapskate, whining customers that would go into the office and whine about this and that every single day!!. I picked this motel due to staying here before and being very happy that you can grill, clean rooms, friendly staff and the free Noahs Ark tickets .Maybe these other whining customers should pay the $300+ a night for a better hotel and not waste the staff and other customers time. I highly recommend this motel and plan on staying here at the end of the month as we still have our Noahs Ark tickets. I was so thankful that my grandchildren did not see the behavior of these unhappy customers who could stand to take a class on Manners. Next time I hear the complaining I think I will give them a little sermon on where they can go and stay. Thank you Flamingo for providing such geat service at a unbeatable price.

• Stayed July 2013, travelled as a couple
5 Thank Melissa R
Saint Louis, Missouri
Reviewed 2 August 2013

We stayed here as a family of four for our first night in the Dells. The reason we selected this motel was to obtain the Noah's Ark passes that came with the room and had no problems at all.

Check in was not until 3:30 and they were really strict about that rule. No big deal here because we went to the water park during the day.

The room they gave us at check-in was a one-bed room. We quickly changed that but we were placed on the opposite end of the property. This room seemed newer than the other.

Not sure if I would stay here again but we had no problems. There are many other choices.

1 Thank Richard J
Winona, Minnesota
Reviewed 1 August 2013

We have stayed here for many years and have always been satisfied. We have gotten to know some of the staff by name. We are always treated well and fairly. It was a get-together for my 58th birthday. We set up the kids in a family suite - and me and the wife stayed in our own room. We had an absolute blast! Great value for the money and a nice bonus with the water park passes! We will definitely continue to stay here.

Room Tip: Choose a room away from the main road for a good nights sleep.
2 Thank Karl F
Dubuque, IA
Reviewed 27 July 2013

We entered the room to a wafting stench of urine, the floors were disgustingly filthy and were not vacuumed. Live wires hanging from the ceiling where I assume was a ceiling light was suppose to be. Lamp shade was melted. No smoke detectors in the room. The water in the sink in the bathroom would not shut off. Spiders in the bath tub. There was a gap about an inch wide above the door where you could see outside. Holes in the screens. Air conditioner had a sign on it, to not turn above 8 or it would freeze up and not work, but on the 2nd day it stopped working anyway, maybe due to the 1/2 inch of dust over the entire system. The didn't clean the room. Left our dirty towels on the floor, did not replace with new towels. Just remade the beds without changing the sheets. We wouldn't walk around without shoes on and while getting ready for bed the 2nd night, we pulled back the sheets to discover bugs in the bed. This was the last straw. We contacted the office immediately and demanded our money back that were leaving, they were very rude and at first were reluctant to give us our money back, but after arguing we had to pay for our "so called" free Noah's ark tickets and we got the rest of our money back. Don't let them fool you by saying you are getting free tickets to the park, you are paying for them in your price for each nights stay. When I called to book this hotel, I asked the person if they had been doing remodeling because it had been 20 years since my last stay with them, he assured me that they had done remodeling. "Smelled like lies to me"! This place hasn't been touched in decades. My daughter got sick while staying here from the smell and the dirty rooms. The kids pool water was brown. Don't let the pics on the website fool you. These rooms are nasty. Pay alittle more to stay somewhere else, the free tickets aren't worth your health. The health department needs to be contacted about this place. I had to return home and wash and check all my stuff before entering my house in fear that we might have brought home bed bugs. I would rather take my family to a fishing shack out in the woods then ever stay here again. Run for your life, run fast and far away from this place.

4 Thank Kim W
Reviewed 27 July 2013

I just stayed here because i wasnt getting a refund on the room i payed for but if camp summer breeze had an open room. I would stay there instead. Dirty stuffy rooms. Makes you itchy just walking in the room. Broken A/C. If you turn on 2 lights. Thats 2 lights too many. The A/C will shut off. Leaky sink. Seriously. I honestly thought about sleeping in my car. The pbones in the rooms dont work. There is. Dust on the beds and ihad to clean the A/C filter myself just to get the air to circulate in the room. Oh and the doors dont lock so we had to stick a. Chair under the door knob. The only reason i give it a 1 on the review columns is because its the lowest number there. If i could get my money back for the second night i would rather pay a couple bucks more for a better place.

• Stayed July 2013