“Will not be back”

Flamingo Motel & Suites
Ranked #64 of 75 Hotels in Wisconsin Dells
Reviewed 27 July 2014 via mobile

We stayed here before and while it was dated and a bit run down it was clean. Our room was not clean now. There was extremely thick dust covering the air conditioner and all throughout the room. The shower curtain had mold on it and our mattress was concaved in the middle. Their fix for the mattress was to foo it offer, which did nothing for us. Very disappointed.

Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank Jennifer P

Reviewed 26 July 2014

We planned to stay at this motel because Noah's Ark was within walking distance and we received free tickets to the park for spending a night. Smelled musty, our feet were black from walking on the carpet barefoot, so we kept our shoes on, I was pulling long hairs off our bed sheets and blankets before bed, and we had a 1 inch gap under our door (on the first level). My husband and I and our four children were awakened at 2 am by approximately 25-30 people SWEARING, YELLING, FIGHTING, DRINKING & SCREAMING TO MUSIC. I even heard little kids running around yelling and screaming. This went on until 4:30am. One "party" happened to be in the room next to us. Lucky Us! AND the partying wasn't just in the rooms, it was also happening outside, EVERYWHERE. I removed the mattresses from the front room and placed them on the floor in our "back" bedroom and closed the door to muffle some of the sound so my children would be able to fall back to sleep. I've stayed in all types of motels and hotels across the US and in foreign countries and I have NEVER had an experience like this one. Needless to say, we awoke early, made a little noise ourselves and got the HELL out of there!

2  Thank Jill D
Reviewed 25 July 2014

We had a two day stay here. The place is not the ritz. It is a basic hotel. Considering that we spent only an hour or two in the rooms before sleep it was more than adequate. The AC worked great, the fridge kept the drinks cold. The room had a hide a bed and it reminded me of the one my parents had in the 70's especially with the bar right across the back. The two queen matress's also need to be retired, I felt the metal springs in my ribs. The plus was that for the six of us staying, we each received a Noah's Ark ticket for each nights stay, this is a good value. If your in one of the newer remodled rooms, it's a good value. If your in the old rooms, bring a blow up matress.

Reviewed 23 July 2014 via mobile

I would not recommend anybody staying here. ROOM 120 ... moldy, dusty, dirty. ROOM 221 stained carpeting, black bugs of some sort, blood on the air conditioned unit. We didn't even stay we left the night we were suppose to stay.

• Stayed: July 2014
1  Thank Teresa F
Reviewed 19 July 2014 via mobile

The air doesn't keep up, they can't fix it. Plus it is noisy. The shower was cold after 1 shower. Not even a long one. Wifi doesn't work. Ice machines don't work.

Nice location quick to get to Noah's ark.

Black hawk was nicer.

Really I have to put 200 words?

Stayed: July 2014
1  Thank Greg L
Reviewed 16 July 2014

Booked a room at this hotel so we could take the grandson to Noah's Ark for a couple days. The proximity to the park, and deal of free water park tickets was too good to pass up - WE SHOULD HAVE!!!!! After booking a room at this resort, I found terrible reviews on Trip Advisor. I called the hotel directly, and very politely asked about my concerns of unclean rooms and mold. I asked if I could upgrade to a room that would be cleaner, due to the fact that I had a mold allergy. She gave me a family suite for an extra $45 plus tax - telling me it had a queen sized bed, bunk beds, a couch and table, a microwave and refrigerator, and had been totally remodeled over the winter. She also told me she would make a note of my mold allergy to be sure our room was extra clean. We arrived early to get our Noah's Ark tickets, but our room was not ready. She told us to come back anytime after 3:00; our room was paid for and would be waiting for us when we returned from the water park. When we got back to the hotel, the clerk said we got a value room (the $100 rooms they offer), and she told me she had no record of us upgrading plus this value room was now $145. Our room was in a building that one other room was booked - the rest of the buildings looked pretty full. Our room was tiny, the queen bed and one of the bunk bed was made up. One bunk bed was just a mattress with no bedding. The carpet was not vacuumed and the entry way was not swept - there was wet, soggy chips and crackers all over the floor. The sheets on the bunk bed had not been changed and were FILTHY!!!! The bathroom was so dirty that none of us used the shower or sink! We had no toilet paper in the bathroom. Two trips to the office got us no help. There was nothing they could do. The only remodeling was they covered the walls with paneling. This was not the room we paid for!

The next morning as we were leaving (and were the ONLY car parked in this area), a golf cart came screeching around the corner of the building and hit the rear end of our car. The young girl said she did not see us there and the golf cart would not stop. We went to the office, but this girl's story totally changed and she said we hit her. We asked that the police be called because there were several long scratches down the side of the bumper, putting gouges into the bumper and scratching the paint. At the office, the manager took everyone into an office before the police arrived then had the officer join them when he got there. The police officer never spoke to us but told us his report would say our car was in the 'lane of traffic' when she hit us. She had the right of way - WHAT????? No lane of traffic - vehicles; she came from nowhere screeching around the building and actually told us she could not stop the cart and there were no other cars.

Lesson learned - if an offer is too good to be true, IT IS too good to be true. DO NOT BOOK THIS HOTEL! There are several other close-by hotels that also offer free Noah's Ark tickets.

Room Tip: No idea - we upgraded to a (supposedly) much nicer room after reading reviews. If this really was a...
7  Thank Kriss1953
Reviewed 15 July 2014

Eva took good care of us. We had last minute reservations and she helped us a lot. What can a person expect when they make plans late in the game? It wasn't the worst hotel I've ever been to--the room was clean, the shower was hot (and not wimpy), and when we threw their leaky coffee maker into the trash, they brought us a new one. But I'll keep the Flamingo in mind when selecting a hotel next time. That's human nature, I suppose, and memories!

Save your money--keep looking, but if you're a last minute planner and they have a room, then pack some patience.

Room Tip: Flamingo South is quieter than the location further north (that has the office)
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple