“Wonderful staff”

Ranked #67 of 72 Hotels in Wisconsin Dells
wisconsin
“Wonderful staff”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 June 2007

Upon arrival when you first drive into this hotel you think....Oh what a dump! Then when you see the suites behind those run down older rooms, you lighten up. The rooms were just beautiful but our room needed some TLC. Vacuuming etc was not very good, cob webs in the corners and along the wall between the bed. Pubby hairs on the toilet. My daughters room stunk just like cat pee. All in all the hotel was nice, the pools were great. When my daughter-in-law complained about the smell she was told "we don't give refunds!" LOL thats not what she was getting at, just wanted to let them know it stunk.

• Liked — huge king size bed in my suite
  • Disliked — uncleanliness and smell of portion of the rooms. I booked 3 rooms. Room slept 6 they could have offered more free tickets to the Noahs Ark. I had to pay for 11 more besides only the 2 free per room.
  • Stayed June 2007
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
1 Thank mapom53

Business
Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (47)
milwaukee wi
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 June 2007

We stayed there Memorial Weekend and got great rates on our rooms, even though it was a hoilday weekend. The staff was extremely friendly. The outdoor pools were not cold, very comfortable. The room was very basic but clean and spacious. We stayed in their " family value suites" which are their "not-newly-remolded" rooms. Even though you could tell they needed some updating, there wasn't anything that didn't seem sound. I think that the only complant I have is that the window opened up completely but there was no screen in the window so bugs were allowed in freely with the window open. (our room was on the ground floor so for saftey we didn't leave the window open either)

• Stayed May 2007, travelled with friends
3 Thank december14
Illinois
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 March 2007

The best thing about staying here was that we received free Noah's Ark tickets with our stay. That was a great value and saved us a lot of money! We could also easily walk to the waterpark. The room was nice and the outdoor pool was cute. I would recommend this hotel to anyone, but especially families with children.

• Liked — Value and location
  • Stayed June 2006, travelled with family
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
2 Thank travelingtraveler95
wisconsin
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 October 2006

I think we just lucked out I guess....We stayed for 2 nights this summer and it was not a problem at all. The rooms were ok to average, but we expected that for $99 a night. They were not dirty, but they definately could use some upgrading. We had the double queen with a twin bunk bed above one of them. It worked great for a family of 5. The pools were ok, not wonderful, but certainly not that bad. The inside one was a bit bad though...didn't look like it was used much, nor cleaned much either. That whole area (hot tub, showers, toilets, game room really was the worst of the stay.) But we swam in the 3 outside pools, the kids enjoyed the stay. And we did save a boat load of money with the free Noah's ark tickets. So to sum it up....it was fine, certainly not a 3 or 4 star hotel, but nothing as bad as some of the others had experienced. I would stay again.

• Liked — everyone seemed nice there, helpful
  • Disliked — needed upgrading
  • Tips/Secrets — take your chances....life is a gamble anyway, right??
  • Stayed August 2006, travelled with family
5 Thank travelinlis
chadal
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 August 2006

I along with thirteen other family emmebrs rented their Carriage house suite. I would have to say that we were a bit scared by all of the reviews that we have read about the Motel. IT turned out to be a winner. I suggest it for everyone!

• Stayed July 2006, travelled with family
3 Thank chadal
St. Paul
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 July 2006

DO NOT ever stay at this motel. The police were called twice for the entire group of people staying below us screaming at each other at 12am and then again at 2am. We had a 3 year old with us and it was really scary for him. The room was filthy and smelly. When I approached the staff the next morning after getting little sleep because of the police being there and people screaming at all hours of the night, she just said, "Oh, sorry, they were kicked out." Yeah, that's $100 of my well earned money down the toilet to this filthy awful motel. And the indoor pool, where do I start!! WARNING: It is not SAFE to stay at this motel, our door hardly locked and there were some very scary people staying there. I am from Minneapolis, not much scares me, but we were actually afraid that evening.

I know the lure of free Noah's Ark tickets may seem worth the stay, but it's NOT. Many other hotels offer water park deals. Protect your family from filth and grime and the police waking your kids up at all hours of the morning.

We even payed $100 per night instead of $60 per night to stay in what they say is the "remodeled" section. Remodeled? Are you kidding me? Maybe in the 80's. The carpet is shot and stained, bathroom filthy, our matress had brown stains.....BAD!

Then, after our incredibly AWFUL stay, we were checking out and my sister wanted to purchase her son a toy snake from their little gift area. She had been promising him this our entire stay. However, they would not let her charge it on her credit card. They said she had to spend at least $50 in order to use her charge card. We were out of cash and out of luck, apparently. We just spent over $300 on 3 nights in this disgusting motel and they couldn't let us charge a $5 toy snake. It was the perfect ending to an awful vacation.

This motel should be shut down. How does it pass regulations?

NEVER STAY AT THE FLAMINGO!!

• Stayed July 2006
13 Thank Lint459

Travellers are raving about these Wisconsin Dells hotels

A TripAdvisor Member
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 July 2006

I made a reservation at the Flamingo Motel & Suites on June 12th. The online reservation form states:

"By submitting this Reservation Request Form, you are authorizing the hotel to charge your credit card for one night's advance deposit on each room you wish to reserve. You will receive a confirmation from us, via e-mail within 24 hours."

The written confirmation I received about 3 days later had this statement:

"Cancellation Policy - 72 hours (3 days) prior to arrival date to receive refund. (Early checkouts are subject to same 72 hour cancellation policy) $10.00 handling charge will be deducted from ALL deposits prior to refund.)

Note that the consumer is made aware of the $10.00 cancellation penalty only AFTER the reservation is made. I had to cancel the reservation today, a week before my arrival date. I spoke with Debra Fisher, general manager of the Pink Flamingo. She told me that by cancelling my reservation I'd be forfeiting the $10.00 penalty. I explained to her that it was only forfeiture if the consumer is advised of the penalty BEFORE making the reservation. The way the Pink Flamingo does it constitutes theft. She sounded like she'd had this cpnservation before, several times.

I'm sure there are many honest, reputable inns in Wisconsin Dells, I suggest the Pink Flamingo be avoided.

• Stayed July 2006