“Relaxed,Refreshed.”

GreenLeadersPlatinum level
Richland Center, Wisconsin
“Relaxed,Refreshed.”
Reviewed 5 May 2014

Spent 2 nights here for a Mother Daughter weekend get away. The room was great,the bed was comfortable,Breakfast was excellent, The spa facility was excellent, and the staff was superb! Would recommend a visit here to anyone!

• Stayed May 2014, travelled with family
3 Thank MissEllie1

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (114)
Chanhassen, Minnesota
Reviewed 24 April 2014

I recently stayed at Sundara Inn & Spa and was beyond impressed from the moment I walked in the door. It was the most peaceful, beautiful, and calming environment. Their staff is so friendly and professional and will go above and beyond to ensure that they exceed your expecations. Their Spa blew me away! I have been to many, many Spas throughout the years and theirs is incredible! My room was gorgeous and the bed was extremely comfortable. I had a lovely wilderness view from my room. I cannot wait to go back for another visit!

Green Features: They use energy efficient lightbulbs and water efficient bathroom fixtures. It is obvious that they are committed to preserving our environment.
  • Stayed April 2014, travelled on business
2 Thank Molly E
Baraboo, Wisconsin
Reviewed 16 April 2014

My wife and I stayed here for one night as a quick anniversary getaway. Although we only stayed one night, the spa told us to come early and enjoy the facilities. We couldn't check in until 4 but we went to the spa area around 12 and relaxed by the pool and had a very nice lunch and lazy afternoon. They also told us we were welcome to stay until 9pm the following day and enjoy the spa area once we had checked out.

My wife had a pedicure and was a bit underwhelmed, she describes it as assembly line, which is not quite what she expected at this scale of Salon. However, if you were just coming for a pedicure with friends, we agreed, you aren't paying for the pedicure, it's all-day access to the pool area, quiet room, and bathing ritual area. It was really very relaxing.

The room for the night was extremely spacious and relaxing. Breakfast in the morning was excellent as was lunch the previous day.

Dining and front desk service were very efficient, friendly, and attentive.
Spa service was average, much less attention to detail and clients than I would have expected from a venue that is a spa.

The room pricing is high but no worse than anywhere else in the Dells for a couples get away and there are no rowdy kids - a major plus if you are looking to escape. The venue is worth a special weekend, just don't expect to be overwhelmed by the spa treatments.

For what it's worth, my wife is eager to bring friends for a day event at the sap to appreciate the setting with friends and enjoy a relaxing day. At the cost of a slightly expensive pedicure but getting a whole day relaxing around the pool and bathing areas, it's worth the relaxation.

Enjoy yourself!

Room Tip: The cheaper rooms lack a bathtub - it tells you but it's hard to find that. All of the rooms ar...
  • Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple
3 Thank DornMoore
Milwaukee
Reviewed 31 March 2014

I have been to Sundara many times. I've stayed in the resort and enjoyed spa services. I cannot say enough good things about this place. The Inn is amazing. Every room different. Beds are comfy, in room bar, very clean, fireplace. Very romatic. No children are allowed. You must keep your voice down at all times and only use your cell phone in your room so as not to disturb others. The bath ritual is amazing. If you're looking for a weekend getaway and don't mind spending the money, this is the place for you. I promise you will not be disapointed. Hands down this is one of my favorite places on earth.

• Stayed December 2013, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Linny_Loves_Turtles
La Grange, Illinois
Reviewed 28 March 2014

This is a lovely spa facility; I've been here twice...I travel and often go to very nice spas. On my first visit about a year ago, an inexperienced masseuse gave me a limp, unfocused message. Yesterday, a very young woman attempted to give me a facial. She was pleasant but could not converse with me on even a basic level about my skin, any thoughts on skin care products, nor additional skin care services provided at the spa...she said she was just learning and had not been trained on anything more than she was providing in my (completely uninspired) session.

This is one of those spas where the front desk gals ask you loudly if it is ok to add a 20% tip as you sign out...not wanting to make a scene, you do.

Get ready to drink coffee and tea from tacky/carcinogenic styrofoam cups and with hydrogenated coffee mate flavored creams.

Beautiful spa but seriously underwhelming services...gave them 2 chances. If I ever in a group and find myself back there, I'll do the least expensive mani/pedi and just enjoy the common area...

• Stayed March 2014
10 Thank Sunset202
Middleton, Wisconsin
Reviewed 24 March 2014

Despite living an hour away, this was our first time staying at Sundara. We arrived in the afternoon, went through the cleansing bath ritual, then spent time in the quiet meditation room and the outdoor pool. We had to wait what seemed like too long for our couples bath/massage, but it was very relaxing. The spa part of the experience was overall very nice. We loved the Jaggery tea. It wasn't too crowded when we were there.

We stayed in a vliia, off the main property. It was spacious and had a full kitchen. It was clean and attractive. The bed was OK, but the pillows were too thin and unsupportive. The bathroom sink had no place to put personal items. A light fixture fell out of the ceiling while we were there. There was a large bottle of lotion on the sink but only a small bar of soap, which stuck to the counter (I had to pry it off with my toothbrush handle!). The TV reception was poor (especially the local channels) and the TV's were old and too small for the rooms.

There was no bottled water or drinks in the fridge, and no snacks. Room service was fairly prompt for dinner, and we thought the food was really good. The breakfast however, was cold and less enjoyable than dinner. The staff were friendly and professional. Overall, the cost was about what we expected.

I'd recommend coming here, especially for a short stay, but I hope they upgrade the villa.

Room Tip: One advantage of a room in the main building (not a villa) is that you can access the spa/pools mor...
  • Stayed March 2014, travelled as a couple
5 Thank Philip L
Saint Paul, Minnesota
Reviewed 19 March 2014

My husband and I had a wonderful experience at Sundara. We were finally able to getaway for a belated honeymoon and we both agreed, we could not have chosen a better place to getaway. This adult only spa allows for some peace, quiet and general relaxation. We loved our experience and look forward to going back again!

• Stayed March 2014, travelled as a couple