Black Hawk Motel & Suites(Wisconsin Dells)(Great Value!)
US$156
US$151
Holiday Inn Express Wisconsin Dells(Wisconsin Dells)(Great Value!)
US$186
US$162
Hotels.com
Ramada by Wyndham Wisconsin Dells(Wisconsin Dells)(Great Value!)
US$142
US$135
Hilton Garden Inn Wisconsin Dells(Wisconsin Dells)(Great Value!)
Book now, pay at stay
US$249
US$223
GardenInn.com
Baker's Sunset Bay Resort(Wisconsin Dells)(Great Value!)
US$236
US$168
Indian Trail Motel(Wisconsin Dells)(Great Value!)
US$86
US$77
All Star Inn & Suites(Wisconsin Dells)(Great Value!)
US$122
US$119
Great Wolf Lodge(Wisconsin Dells)
US$258
US$224
Grand Marquis Waterpark Hotel & Suites(Wisconsin Dells)(Great Value!)
Book now, pay at stay
US$152
US$141
Delton Grand Resort & Spa(Wisconsin Dells)
Free cancellation until 26/07
US$343
US$331
Hotels.com
All reviewsbath ritualquiet roomsteam roomfeather bedsignature massageinfinity poolkohler showerhot tubpremier suiteyogurtlounge chairsovernight guestscommon areasking sizescreened in porchfour seasonspine trees
Reviewed 2 October 2017 via mobile

I have been here many times. This past time we were told about the construction going on. I thought I they really tried to soften the blow by saying we were warned. You can not call yourself a spa when the floor is vibrating beneath you. You can't call yourself a spa when you smell diesel fumes from the equipment while lounging by the pool. I took my mother for the day for her birthday. The reason I give it two stars is because Jessica gave my mother the best massage she's ever had. Otherwise, they shouldn't sell short how disruptive the construction is. Close it down until you are done or run huge specials. Like give clients 30% off services until the floor stops vibrating. But please stop acting like it is business as usual with some minor inconveniences.

Stayed: September 2017, travelled with friends
Management response:Responded 4 October 2017

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience with us.

With construction moving along some days have been, unexpectedly, louder or more disruptive then others. With the utility work by the pool and by the building's main entrance coming to an end this week the experience of diesel smells and most equipment noises should subside. We apologize this was your experience during your time with us.

We are glad that your mother enjoyed her service with Jessica!

Reviewed 18 September 2017

I am submitting this for my husband Paul who actually experienced this spa appointment.
The Spa at Sundara in Wisconsin Dells is aptly named. In this case SPA is an acronym for Smug, Pretentious (or Patronizing, take your pick), And unfriendly. The bad news started immediately when I drove up, parked my car, and was told I could not park there (the lot was dirt, with no markings) - but they graciously offered to move my car about 100 yards away from the other cars that were parked near the door. Then they argued that the rate I was quoted on the phone when I made a reservation for a massage was mistaken (even though they quoted it to me AND to the Concierge at my nearby resort. They grudgingly agreed to honor the rate finally, after I suggested they call the Concierge. When they admonished me to use my “spa” voice when inside (read WHISPERS only) I should have known to bolt for the door. Then I sat to wait for my appointment. Finally someone asked who I was there to see. How could I know since they assigned someone to me for this my first visit?
There was one saving grace; fortunately the massage itself was very good (by Thomas).
But the fun wasn’t over yet. When I was ready to leave they told me I owed another $20. No explanation was offered until I asked and it was a “customary 20% gratuity”. Funny, I think customary practice is to ask if I wish to leave a gratuity. Sundara would be my last resort (pun intended) when looking for a spot to relax and get a massage.
Oh, and did I mention the prices were extremely high relative to industry standard for what I received.

Stayed: September 2017, travelled as a couple
4  Thank Patricia M
Management response:Responded 20 September 2017

Patricia M, we apologize that your husband's experience was poor! We appreciate your feedback, both positive and negative, and look to it to grow our guest experience and develop our team.

We are glad that your husband was able to enjoy his service with Thomas. We are grateful to have him on our team.

Thank you!

Reviewed 17 September 2017 via mobile

My sister and I visited Sundara in September 2017 for the first time. Overall we enjoyed it, but there are a few things you may want to know before you go. Also, here are a few things about our experience that might be helpful. First, Sundara is in the middle of a major renovation to add more spa service rooms, another outdoor pool, another indoor pool, and a full-service sit-down restaurant. I would like to visit again after the renovation as the plans looked great. Currently, there is not a huge spa area. There is one outdoor spa area -it has a bar, pool and hot tub. It's a really lovely infinity pool overlooking the woods, but it's not a large enough area for everyone if the resort is near to full. There is an indoor "quiet room" with additional seating next to the pool, with windows overlooking it. And there is another connecting indoor room with a large hot tub, a steam room, a cold immersion pool (small), and two open shower areas. Other than the spa service rooms and the changing rooms, that is the extent of the spa. So, if you have bad weather on your trip (a rainy day, perhaps), there is very limited indoor spa space to enjoy. We were very lucky and had a beautiful weekend with temps in the 80s, so we were fine, but we realized that if it had been a rainy weekend it would not have been very enjoyable.

Second, there is a no-electronics policy everywhere except your room. Normally I think a no-phone policy at a spa is fine, but this policy was broader than I've seen before and included Kindles. I know a lot of people who only read on Kindles, so if you are one of them, stop at the book store before you go.

Third, there is really no sit-down restaurant. There is a small indoor seating area where servers will come and bring you food, but it's not really a restaurant. Apparently most people either eat in their rooms or leave the resort for dinner. The resort will provide transportation to three local restaurants. Breakfast is complimentary and is served in the seating area. You can order lunch by the pool, in your room, or in the seating area. There was also a good (not huge, but varied and good) selection of wine, beer, and cocktails.

Fourth, when we were there (mid-September) we found it was staffed really thinly. For example, on Friday evening, as we sat by the pool and ordered food and drinks, we learned the bartender was running back and forth between the bar and the "seating area" as the only bartender and only food server at that time (around 7:00 or 7:30). He was running and working hard, but service was slow because it was too much for one person. Other times we waited long periods of time at the attendant station in the women's changing room for items because the woman working there had multiple responsibilities and was attending to those. Eventually we would run out to the desk and they would call someone to help us. I want to be clear this is NOT a complaint about the staff- they were all exceedingly professional, polite and helpful. They just didn't have enough of them. In fairness, there was more staff on Saturday than there was on Friday, but still not a large staff.

Fifth, we had massages with "add-ons" (for example, a 15 or 20 minute scalp massage with oils used on your hair) scheduled for Saturday morning. We were told to wait for our service provider in the quiet room, where someone would come get us. After my sister's appointment time came and went with nobody coming to get her, she eventually went to the front desk and asked about her appointment. They scrambled a bit and then told her that her provider didn't show up, so they were trying to find someone else. They did find someone, but they weren't able to give her the "add-on" service we had booked and had to cut her appointment short because, by then, they were behind schedule and were fully booked after her service. They didn't charge for the add-on--which you'd expect given that she never got it--but they did not discount the massage she did get or offer her anything else. I think a small gesture, even a free drink, would have been nice to offer.

Last, the rooms are large and nice, but most have just one king bed. My sister and I booked one of the few two-bedroom suites and we had two king beds (suite 2302). While the suite had separate bedrooms, they were open (second bedroom was a loft, so no full wall) and therefore not private. So, if you are visiting as two couples, be warned that you would not have any privacy in this suite. You'll likely just want two separate suites. One recommendation I have for Sundara is to consider adding a couple of one-room suites with two queen beds. If you're going to advertise for girlfriend get-aways, like Sundara does, having single-room suites with two beds would be nice. We saw a lot of girlfriend parties when we were there, so it seems like it would be worth giving it a try.

Overall, the spa is very nice but currently small. They also need a real restaurant, not just a seating area where you can eat. On both of those points, stay tuned for the summer 2018 completion of the renovation. The staff was really great, but they needed more staff. Finally, if you are a destination spa and for unforeseen reasons you cannot give people the spa service they booked months in advance, then you should offer them some small gesture as an apology.

Stayed: September 2017, travelled with friends
Management response:Responded 20 September 2017

Thank you for taking time to share such a detailed review!

We apologize for the snafu with your appointments and that an apology was not offered at the time it occurred.

We appreciate your feedback and are greatly looking forward to completion of the renovation.

Reviewed 16 September 2017

Easy to find spa conveniently located a few minutes outside the main tourist area. I requested a strong 90 minute massage. The masseuse was fantastic. She hit all the sore spots and I felt great at the end. It's a great value as well!

• Stayed: September 2017, travelled solo
Management response:Responded 20 September 2017

Thank you for your feedback. We are delighted to know you enjoyed your massage and found it to be a great value!

Stay energized!

Reviewed 7 September 2017 via mobile

I have been here on many occasions and the spa here is top notch!!! The 80 minute facials are the best of both worlds, you get an awesome facial along with a massage of your upper back, arms, legs and scalp!!!
Make sure you arrive one hour prior to your services to enjoy the purifying bath ritual!!!!

Stayed: September 2017
Management response:Responded 9 September 2017

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience and your enjoyment of our 80-M facials.

Enjoying the purifying bath ritual, at lease one hour prior to your first scheduled service time, helps prepare the mind and body for any soothing spa service!

Thank you for your patronage and we look forward to seeing you for your next facial.