Stayed at the Black Hawk Motel one night, Sept. 7, 2011. We have stayed here several times over the years, even before TripAdvisor, so we knew what to expect. The Black Hawk is an older property, very well maintained, and very clean. It is another of what I call classic Dells motels, like the Indian Trail, or Monaco out on the strip.
We stayed in room #30, a handicapped room with a king size bed. (We didn't ask for a handicapped room but was given one anyway.) The room was good sized, with a large bathroom with lots of handles to accommodate handicapped individuals. There was a refrigerator and microwave oven in the room. There was a newer widescreen TV, but no HD programming provided, so why bother? The free Wi-Fi worked fine. The bed was comfortable, and the room was spotlessly clean.
The property has indoor and outdoor pools, with several hot tubs, a game room, and a nice playground for children. At check in, we were given a Dell Fun Card, which has lots of discounts for area attractions and restaurants.
The Black Hawk is in a residential area away from the strip and downtown. The location is quiet, but you will have to drive to all attractions and restaurants. The owners are attentive and helpful, and live onsite. To sum up, the Black Hawk is a well run, clean older property, and a good value if you are not looking to stay at a waterpark resort.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- FREE Dual Water Parks! All guests receive FREE Waterpark pass admission to Noah's Ark - America's Largest Waterpark (summer) & Chula Vista's Indoor & Outdoor Water parks (all year). Choose from 29 different room types, from budget to family, suites and whirlpools rooms. Sealy Encore Plush Beds, fridge, microwave, in-room coffee, hairdryer, and reserved parking for all rooms. Heated Indoor pool w/ slide & hot tub, sauna open until 11:30 pm each night. Heated outdoor pool w/ slides, 2 playgrounds, grills, coin operated laundry, and Retro Arcade w/ Billiards, Donkey Kong, Ms. Pac Man and other classic games. Located just 4 blocks from downtown Wisconsin Dells. Receive multiple coupons for area attractions and restaurants and FREE Admission to the Haunted Mansion. We are family owned & operated since 1945, we look forward to accommodating you and your family! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Travel Republic (UK), Hotels.com, Priceline and Odigeo so you can book your Black Hawk Motel & Suites reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Black Hawk Hotel Wisconsin Dells
- Black Hawk Wisconsin Dells