“So Glad That We Chose the Black Hawk!”

Black Hawk Motel & Suites
Ranked #1 of 75 Hotels in Wisconsin Dells
Reviewed 12 July 2008

This was our first trip to the Dells, so I spent a lot of time comparing motels. I am so glad that we picked the Black Hawk Motel. This is the kind of place that we stayed at when I was a kid. I have stayed in hotels for so long, that I forgot how much I love a great motel. There is reserved parking in front of your door and lawn chairs to relax in. The grounds are well maintained with many beautiful flowers and planters around the pool area. A super clean playground is in the center of the grounds, next to the outdoor pool. The pools were bright and sparkly clean as well. We stayed in a room with two queen beds and there was a fridge and microwave as well as a DVD player. There was a lot of storage place, which is very important when you are traveling with two kids. The beds were ultra soft and comfy. Housekeeping did an excellent job keeping our room clean and our towels replaced. A Mobil station as well as a video store were in walking distance, which was very handy for snacks and beer runs. When we return to the Dells, we will stay at the Black Hawk Motel again.

• Stayed: July 2008, travelled with family
2  Thank mammasue

Reviewed 4 July 2008

After reading about so many area hotels, we bravely set out for the Dells without an advanced reservation at any property. Reading all the reviews can be a bit much, so I had narrowed the list down a bit, and the Black Hawk Motel was one of them. The Black Hawk is just a few blocks from the downtown area. We stopped in here second and even though the front desk was being bombarded by a ringing phone, a UPS delivery man, and another employee asking a question, she gave us attention and answered our questions. The rate was very good and we booked for 2 nights. I forgot how nice it is to be able to park right at your door. Unloading and loading was a snap. Each room has a couple of lawn chairs and a small table out front. A few guests were even grilling out on small portable grills. The room was spacious with a small fridge, microwave, and even a DVD player. They advertise new Sealy beds and all I know is that they were comfy and I slept like a rock. Very nice.
They have a very nice indoor pool with a sauna and whirlpool. Very beautiful woodwork in this building. The outdoor pool had a small slide that our son loved. The slide was in need of some TLC, but it worked. My 6 year old was thrilled with the pools.
The Family Chef restaurant is right across the street for an easy meal, or walk downtown, which was about 4-5 blocks. Plenty more to do there.
Combine a very nice motel, with a great rate and a good location and you have a winning combination.

• Stayed: July 2008, travelled with family
3  Thank FSU88
Reviewed 1 July 2008

To be honest, I was nervous about staying at a motel, but I thought, "Hey, it's rated #1 on TripAdvisor." I am very happy about with my stay. Very friendly service! People were hospitable in a way that felt like I was staying in someone's home, rather than someone's motel. EVERYTHING was clean, including the pools, grill area, and laundry. Rooms were cleaned no matter what time we left our room. Convenient parking. We appreciated the $27 2-day Mt. Olympus pass that is available when you stay.

1  Thank sydelle
Reviewed 26 June 2008

We just got back from a 2 night stay at the Black Hawk Hotel in Wisconsin Dells. This motel was wonderful, we stayed here mostly for the rate and so we could afford to have a true Dells experience, not only did we have the true Dells experience but the boys, both 11 did not want to leave the pool, which was spotless. I would recommend this hotel to anyone. My family will be going back.

2  Thank redoashgar
Reviewed 25 June 2008

We stayed at the Black Hawk Motel for our first time June 20-22. We have stayed at numerous properties over the years ranging from campgrounds to the big waterpark hotels. The Black Hawk topped them all! Our room was very clean and smelled clean. It had everything we needed. It was quiet, out of the way, yet within walking distance to town (about 4 blocks) and very close to everything by car.

There are 2 pools on site: one outdoor and one indoor. Very clean, plenty of lounge chairs, and peaceful. We went to the Mt. Olympus water park. It's nice to "get away" from the water park for peace and quiet and some down-time back at the motel/pools.

Parking right at your front door. No having to park and take a long hike to your room. Each room has a reserved spot in front of your door. So nice to just to pull up and unload quickly and easily.

Very quiet sleeping at night. No loud partying and/or people running around in the hallways like at previous "big" hotels we stayed at. This is a quiet, family motel.

We were more than satisfied and will definitely return in the future.

1  Thank tootersue
Reviewed 24 June 2008

After buying the WI Dells coupon book, (which is a must for anyone visiting there for any amount of time). I chose this motel based on reviews i had read here plus the coupon i used that gave me a free night. Everything is close by within walking distance, even a video store that my kids visited and bought movies to watch after we came back to our room at nite. The motel itself was clean and the kids really enjoyed the indoor pool as well as the outdoor. The service was outstanding and staff was very friendly. We will be coming back next year for sure.

Don't be misled by what you read about Lake Deltons disappearance! there is still plenty to do at the Dells. We fit in a lot in just a few days and it didn't cost us an arm and a leg either!. The stay here was economical and overall a great place to relax in after a long day of water parks, boats, shopping, etc.

1  Thank Stalz61
Reviewed 22 June 2008

I was really happy with my stay at the Blackhawk. The price was very reasonable. The place was very clean. I will stay again. The people were very nice. I just wish we had some better weather to work with during our stay..:) The TV had a good selection of channels and the indoor pool was well kept. If you encountered weather problems at least you had a TV to watch and an indoor pool.

I have stayed at motels that were much more expensive. Blackhawk rivals motels that charge $120 to $150 a night.

I found a great motel and I will stay there from now on. Thanks for the great stay.

1  Thank Bittybob