“Our First Time Won't Be The Last!”

Black Hawk Motel & Suites
Ranked #1 of 75 Hotels in Wisconsin Dells
Reviewed 13 June 2014

Our stay was perfect and everything I hoped it could be! First contact on June 8, early afternoon. I wish I had gotten her name, she was so friendly and helpful-I really, truly mean that. I felt instantly at home & a wanted guest.
The property is beautiful. Love the kitschy retro feel--Black Hawk perfectly executes the retro look & appeal but with all the modern amenities you expect. You can tell there is a high amount of pride and love poured into this property. Quiet location, very safe feeling. LOVE the parking setup--unloading takes minutes instead of up to an hour. No lugging suitcases through lobbies, down corridors & up elevators.
The room was spacious and clean. I can't believe the low price included Noah's Ark AND Chula Vista tickets for the whole family, it's incredible! Thank you for having windows that aren't bolted shut like most places--nice to have that fresh air in the room. THE BEDS ARE AMAZING. I go into vacations *knowing* I will not sleep well, regardless of the location. This was a game changer for me.
We used both of the charcoal grill areas, both pool areas, playgrounds, and arcade (love love love the arcade--brings back those old childhood memories) not a single problem or complaint.
I'm reaching here to find a 'con' or 'negative' this review probably sounds fake ;) my only suggestion is: depending on the feasibility, perhaps add a recycling option for guests? We go through a lot of cans & cardboard and I felt guilty...haha.
We have been visiting the dells area twice a year for 10+ years now. We have found a new favorite!! Thank you for the wonderful memories!

Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
TheBlackHawk, General Manager at Black Hawk Motel & Suites, responded to this reviewResponded 28 June 2014

It gratifies us to hear that you truly enjoyed your stay with us. Thank you for your review and for posting some awesome pictures...I especially like the one of the neon at night. We get many compliments on our retro arcade and often hear something like...."I haven't played Ms. Pac Man in 25 years"!. Thank you again and we hope to see you soon! Sincerely, Brad

Reviewed 13 June 2014

It's a retro hotel where I stayed as a kid and in my opinion the only place to stay when coming to the dells. It has everything you need and very well priced. Now 25 yrs later I bring my clan. Rooms and pools are clean and updated. Indoor pool and spa are warm! Free water park passes so why would anyone stay at those chaotic places; tried it they suck. You can spend a small fortune in the dells so it's nice to get all you need at the BH. Park is right by rooms so the kids can play while you get packed for the day. They got it all, wifi, cable, DVD player indoor/outdoor pools, spa, sauna, ice, grills, game room, laundry mat. Save at the BH because your going to get in the tourist trap prices else where. It's a nice walk to the strip of the dells too maybe 8 mins. The queen rooms with a Kitchenette are great for saving on a few meals. Fast friendly staff with anything you'll need. Best part is having your car right out your door too. Kids everyday asked when we were leaving water parks to go back to our pool. Thanks for the nice accommodations BH see ya next time.

1  Thank Mhacke7

Thank you so much for taking the time out of your busy schedule to write us a review and for your patronage to the Black Hawk! We are happy to hear that the kids enjoyed our pools and wanted to return from the waterpark and that you find us a nice change from the big mega water park resorts. We hope to see you again soon! Sincerely, Brad

Reviewed 13 June 2014

I stayed this past weeked (two female adults and two teen girls).I have to say I have been to the Dells numerous times and Blackhawk was an awesome surprise. I was worried the room would be too small, but what did I know, it was huge, more then enough room for 4. It was CLEAN, amazingly clean. The pool was great and the hot tub was hot. Great value. I highly recommend it.

• Stayed: June 2014

We are always gratified when we hear that we have surprised our guests! We do admit we have some small rooms (mainly budget rooms), but we also have some large rooms in size. Thank you so much for taking the time to write us a review and we hope to see you again soon! Sincerely, Brad

Reviewed 11 June 2014

I first stayed at the BHM back in the late 80's, then in 1995, and last weekend in 2014. This place is a constant!! Not only are the rooms CLEAN, but they are updated, cozy and the motel itself is just what you want. With a pool outside and inside along with a hot tub and sauna what more do you need? If the naughty pine decor in the pool house doesn't keep you coming back, how about a tanning deck, a play area for your bunkins, a clothesline for your wet swimwear and towels. If that's not enough the game room will empty your pockets and entertain your kids while you enjoy an evening cocktail sitting in the lawn chairs outside each room. It is a step back in time, the 50's/60's type of old Las Vegas, but that's the point. Wisconsin Dells has a lot of motels, most look to be kept up very well, none as well as the BH in my opinion. SO...if you want to save a few bucks and stay in a quiet comfortable place within walking distance to the downtown shopping/restaurant strip...this is your place! Away from the over priced crowded larger resorts. Thank you BH once again for your awesome customer service and bar none overall experience. The free water park tickets were a nice touch, even if we only had an hour to play, my husband enjoyed entertaining his inner child! We'll be back!!!

Room Tip: We were in #18 and that is directly across from the pools and loved it! Great place to sit and rela...
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple

Thank you for your awesome detailed review....I love it! Especially the part of our retro arcade leaving your pockets empty and a place to hang your wet swimwear and towels. I remember as a child when my Mother would always offer up her clotheslines to guests. Thank you so much for revisiting us again and we hope to see you again soon....however if it's another 10 - 15 years we plan on being here (the lord willing) and offering the same retro experience for our guests. Have a great rest of summer! Sincerely, Brad

Reviewed 11 June 2014 via mobile

Friendly staff and a clean motel with a unique retro atmosphere at reasonable rates. The pools were nice and the retro arcade was a fun time. Enjoyed sitting on our balcony in the evening. Highly recommended, will definitely return!

Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple

Thank you for your review! Sounds like you are like many of our regular and first time guests...in that you love our Retro Motel experience. It's kind of the niche that we have and we are staying with it. Have a great summer and we hope to see you again soon! Regards, Brad

Reviewed 10 June 2014

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Easytobook.com

Reviewed 9 June 2014 via mobile

My wife chose this place as it was number 1 on trip advisor, and we weren't disappointed. We typically stay at the wilderness, but wanted to save some money. The rooms were very clean, staff was courteous, and the motel grounds were kid safe and clean as well. I would definitely stay here again. You also get free passes to Noah's Arc and Chula Vista resort. You can save a boat load when staying at the Blackhawk.

1  Thank Trueyinzer

Thank you for choosing the Black Hawk and for taking the time to write us a review. We have always believed in providing a clean and safe property with many amenities (both on site and off) at a reasonable price with friendly customer service. We hope to see you again soon! Sincerely, Brad