“vacation”

Black Hawk Motel & Suites
Ranked #1 of 72 Hotels in Wisconsin Dells
“vacation”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 June 2014

The staff of the. Black hawk was friendly and helpful. They told us of places to eat. I had my four years old nephew with. And my niece and her eight month daughter annd some friends with and we all had a good time. The room was nice and rooming. The only thing the slide for the indoor pool was broke and they took out the slide to the outside pool. I am going to stay there again.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
TheBlackHawk, General Manager at Black Hawk Motel & Suites, responded to this review, 1 July 2014
Thanks for your review and it gratifies us to hear that you will stay with us again! Our outdoor pool slide was being repaired and has since returned and our indoor pool slide is currently being repaired. We look forward to accommodating you again in the future and have a Happy 4th! Sincerely, Brad

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (311)
  • Polish first
Schaumburg, IL
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 June 2014

What a great little find. We were traveling with a sports group staying at the Chula Vista, but based on tripadvisor reviews and my "I'm not paying Disney hotel prices in Wisconsin" attitude we chose the Black Hawk. My daughter could still hang with her friends at the water park and I could still afford to buy gas back home. It was a definite win. The only reason I didn't go with 5 stars was that I couldn't sweet talk my way into a 1 pm checkout so my kid could shower after her basketball games. She DID shower at the motel pool, but I couldn't help but notice that our room hadn't been checked into and the hotel had the vacancy sign lit. Still so happy because the motel was beyond clean. You know how most motels have dusty carpets around furniture and in the corners? Not the Black Hawk. The air conditioning unit appears to be cleaned frequently. The grout in the bathroom was clean. The fridge and microwave were CLEAN. Their housekeeping staff is AMAZING. The motel itself kind of looks like the place Patrick Swayze lived in the movie Dirty Dancing. They have green webbed lawn chairs sitting outside the doors and lots of guests hanging out in the evening, creating a very welcoming environment. Walking distance to the basketball venue and many good restaurants. Will absolutely stay again.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
Hello Denise, Thank you so much for taking the time to write us review and for choosing the Black Hawk for your accommodation needs while attending tourneys in the Wisconsin Dells. It gratifies us when we hear that we offer a clean alternative to the high priced mega water park resorts. I apologize for not offering a 1 pm check out as I would have been happy to do, however you room was a reservation room checking in on your day of check out and guests checking in always appreciate when they can check in early,....with out a reservation checking in I can usually slightly extend check out time. We always encourage our guests checking out to stick around and use our pools for the day, come back to shower or take advantage of our Free water park tickets. We look forward to accommodating you again and have a Happy 4th! Kind regards, Brad
Chicago
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 June 2014

This place can accommodate any group! So many choices! The water park tickets to Noah's and Chula were incredible and saved us so much money! Parking is so easy right next to our room so we don't have far to drag all our stuff. So close to the pool the friends we were with could put their baby down for a nap and go swimming for a nice break! We walked in to town for dinner and drinks and didn't have to worry about parking any where. Our double queen room with a fridge and microwave was quite spacious. Can't wait to stay there again!

Room Tip: We had an adjoining room near the ice machine. You can choose to be across from the park or the ind...
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
Thank you so much for taking the time to write us a review and for choosing the Black Hawk! Many of our guests love our location because we are so close to downtown, but far enough from traffic. Our reserved parking has been a big hit for all our guests for many years. Thank again for your review and for choosing the Black Hawk! We hope to see you again soon! Sincerely,
Brad
Saint Cloud, Minnesota
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 June 2014

Nice large room! First place we've stayed in that offered three double beds in one room. No issue of where we were going to all fit to sleep. Had enough space for all our stuff. Instead of heaping everything on the floor in small cramped space.very friendly accommodating staff. They even swept the parking lot! Very clean and everything worked. Waterpark passes for free, lots of coupons for area attractions the room was practically paid for in all the money we saved. Would definitely stay again!

1 Thank Ktjzm
A popular room choice for years has been our motel room with 3 double beds and we are happy to hear that it accommodate you and your party well. We only have two of these room types and we wish we had more. Thank you for taking the time to write us a review and we hope to see you again soon! Sincerely, Brad
Jordan, Minnesota
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 June 2014 via mobile

Our stay was perfect and everything I hoped it could be! First contact on June 8, early afternoon. I wish I had gotten her name, she was so friendly and helpful-I really, truly mean that. I felt instantly at home & a wanted guest.
The property is beautiful. Love the kitschy retro feel--Black Hawk perfectly executes the retro look & appeal but with all the modern amenities you expect. You can tell there is a high amount of pride and love poured into this property. Quiet location, very safe feeling. LOVE the parking setup--unloading takes minutes instead of up to an hour. No lugging suitcases through lobbies, down corridors & up elevators.
The room was spacious and clean. I can't believe the low price included Noah's Ark AND Chula Vista tickets for the whole family, it's incredible! Thank you for having windows that aren't bolted shut like most places--nice to have that fresh air in the room. THE BEDS ARE AMAZING. I go into vacations *knowing* I will not sleep well, regardless of the location. This was a game changer for me.
We used both of the charcoal grill areas, both pool areas, playgrounds, and arcade (love love love the arcade--brings back those old childhood memories) not a single problem or complaint.
I'm reaching here to find a 'con' or 'negative' this review probably sounds fake ;) my only suggestion is: depending on the feasibility, perhaps add a recycling option for guests? We go through a lot of cans & cardboard and I felt guilty...haha.
We have been visiting the dells area twice a year for 10+ years now. We have found a new favorite!! Thank you for the wonderful memories!

Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
TheBlackHawk, General Manager at Black Hawk Motel & Suites, responded to this review, 28 June 2014
It gratifies us to hear that you truly enjoyed your stay with us. Thank you for your review and for posting some awesome pictures...I especially like the one of the neon at night. We get many compliments on our retro arcade and often hear something like...."I haven't played Ms. Pac Man in 25 years"!. Thank you again and we hope to see you soon! Sincerely, Brad
Chicago
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 June 2014

It's a retro hotel where I stayed as a kid and in my opinion the only place to stay when coming to the dells. It has everything you need and very well priced. Now 25 yrs later I bring my clan. Rooms and pools are clean and updated. Indoor pool and spa are warm! Free water park passes so why would anyone stay at those chaotic places; tried it they suck. You can spend a small fortune in the dells so it's nice to get all you need at the BH. Park is right by rooms so the kids can play while you get packed for the day. They got it all, wifi, cable, DVD player indoor/outdoor pools, spa, sauna, ice, grills, game room, laundry mat. Save at the BH because your going to get in the tourist trap prices else where. It's a nice walk to the strip of the dells too maybe 8 mins. The queen rooms with a Kitchenette are great for saving on a few meals. Fast friendly staff with anything you'll need. Best part is having your car right out your door too. Kids everyday asked when we were leaving water parks to go back to our pool. Thanks for the nice accommodations BH see ya next time.

• Stayed June 2014
1 Thank Mhacke7
Thank you so much for taking the time out of your busy schedule to write us a review and for your patronage to the Black Hawk! We are happy to hear that the kids enjoyed our pools and wanted to return from the waterpark and that you find us a nice change from the big mega water park resorts. We hope to see you again soon! Sincerely, Brad
Joliet, Illinois
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 June 2014

I stayed this past weeked (two female adults and two teen girls).I have to say I have been to the Dells numerous times and Blackhawk was an awesome surprise. I was worried the room would be too small, but what did I know, it was huge, more then enough room for 4. It was CLEAN, amazingly clean. The pool was great and the hot tub was hot. Great value. I highly recommend it.

• Stayed June 2014
We are always gratified when we hear that we have surprised our guests! We do admit we have some small rooms (mainly budget rooms), but we also have some large rooms in size. Thank you so much for taking the time to write us a review and we hope to see you again soon! Sincerely, Brad