“Our official dells motel”

Black Hawk Motel & Suites
Ranked #1 of 75 Hotels in Wisconsin Dells
Chicago
“Our official dells motel”
Reviewed 15 August 2014

I loved this place! It has such a home-y feeling to it, and it was really relaxing. We had a 10 minute walk from the downtown area so that was convenient. I liked how they gave passes to Chula Vista and Noah's ark. You never get bored because you can go to either water park, or you can enjoy the heated pools there at the hotel. I did not want to go back home on the day of check out, I can't wait to come back!

• Stayed August 2014
1 Thank mimis-j

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (334)
  • Polish first
Royalton, Minnesota
Reviewed 15 August 2014

We stayed here the end of July and loved this place. If you are looking for a clean comfortable place to stay this is the place for you. We went to the big parks during the day and came back in the evenings. There is a place to BBQ we had many families so it was not always convenient to go out to eat, this place was perfect. The owners were so nice, I would stay here again for sure. Its only a few blocks from downtown we walked there 2 times.

Room Tip: They have many room options of families of 4 to families of 10! Perfect place for families who don...
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank SGOTT_12
Ripon, Wisconsin
Reviewed 15 August 2014

I've never stayed in the Dells much over the years because I couldn't find a place I thought provided good value. I read all of the reviews here on TA and couldn't find a bad one. I called them up late one morning; they had one room left and gave it to me at a discount. Talk about getting off on the right foot! I've stayed at many motels over the years and I think a lot of people expect 5-star hotel-type accomodations when checking it at a motel. You won't find that here. You'll find clean rooms, good beds, and a pretty good crowd of people. When my wife proclaims a room clean, you'd better believe it! The pools and hot tubs were great and we had a good time. I'm hooked!

Room Tip: Be sure to go to the website and check out the rooms. They have quite a selection.
  • Stayed August 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 14 August 2014 via mobile

great place, nice location, very clean. rooms have nice bathrooms, a kitchinette including a sink, fridge microwave.
very friendly people working at the desk, they were helpful and informative. have heated pool, playground, pool and game room. will definitely be back!

Stayed August 2014, travelled with family
Hampton, Minnesota
Reviewed 14 August 2014

Great staff, CLEAN rooms and grounds, play areas, clean and well maintained dual pools and hot tubs. the rooms are very modern and updated...fridge, micro, tile, new bathrooms. Retro meets modern...so true! We will be back!

• Stayed August 2014, travelled as a couple
Morgantown, West Virginia
Reviewed 14 August 2014

This is a family owned and run business. A plus stay. Lots of competition in the dells for your money, but this was a great place. VERY clean rooms, friendly staff, great location to town. We stayed in the super queen room (#11) and couldn't ask for more. The kid friendly pools (indoor and out), several saunas, a dry sauna, the playground, the laundry room all were super. Complimentary tickets to Noah ark and Chula Vista water parks were a huge bonus. When I return to the dells this will be my place to stay. This place has my highest recommendation.

• Stayed August 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 14 August 2014 via mobile

My family and I stayed at this motel and were pleasantly surprised at our accommodations, given the age of the establishment. Clean, and amazingly well maintained! Wonderful staff, friendly and helpful, full of information about the area and attractions. We highly recommend The Black Hawk Motel and will be back next year!

Stayed August 2014, travelled with family