“Always wonderful”

Black Hawk Motel & Suites
Ranked #1 of 75 Hotels in Wisconsin Dells
Reviewed 20 August 2014

My favorite Wisconsin dells hotel. Clean, quiet, friendly, and affordable. This is a retro motel but with all the amenities necessary for today's travelers. This is a place for all generations. I'm so happy I found it several years ago. I will continue to go back.

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Cak2525

Reviewed 16 August 2014 via mobile

We have been going to the Blackhawk since a friend of ours recommended it to us 20 years ago.
The Blackhawk always has the best staff! The rooms are not fancy, but very clean. Pools are well kept.
Thank you Blackhawk, for your many years of service and enjoyment!

Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
3  Thank Monarch132
Reviewed 15 August 2014 via mobile

Initially I did not want to stay here and was searching for the Kalahari/Wilderness-- so HAPPY I decided to stay here, not only did we get free waterpark passes and an awesome room...every worker I encountered was SO friendly. We stayed in a whirpool/kitchenette room and it was actually a stand alone unit which was even more than I could have hoped for. You can't find another place for the same quality and money in the dells! Only negative- horrible internet reception.

Stayed: August 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Michaelag31
Reviewed 15 August 2014

I loved this place! It has such a home-y feeling to it, and it was really relaxing. We had a 10 minute walk from the downtown area so that was convenient. I liked how they gave passes to Chula Vista and Noah's ark. You never get bored because you can go to either water park, or you can enjoy the heated pools there at the hotel. I did not want to go back home on the day of check out, I can't wait to come back!

• Stayed: August 2014
1  Thank mimis-j
Reviewed 15 August 2014

We stayed here the end of July and loved this place. If you are looking for a clean comfortable place to stay this is the place for you. We went to the big parks during the day and came back in the evenings. There is a place to BBQ we had many families so it was not always convenient to go out to eat, this place was perfect. The owners were so nice, I would stay here again for sure. Its only a few blocks from downtown we walked there 2 times.

Room Tip: They have many room options of families of 4 to families of 10! Perfect place for families who don...
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank SGOTT_12
Reviewed 15 August 2014

I've never stayed in the Dells much over the years because I couldn't find a place I thought provided good value. I read all of the reviews here on TA and couldn't find a bad one. I called them up late one morning; they had one room left and gave it to me at a discount. Talk about getting off on the right foot! I've stayed at many motels over the years and I think a lot of people expect 5-star hotel-type accomodations when checking it at a motel. You won't find that here. You'll find clean rooms, good beds, and a pretty good crowd of people. When my wife proclaims a room clean, you'd better believe it! The pools and hot tubs were great and we had a good time. I'm hooked!

Room Tip: Be sure to go to the website and check out the rooms. They have quite a selection.
  • Stayed: August 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 14 August 2014 via mobile

great place, nice location, very clean. rooms have nice bathrooms, a kitchinette including a sink, fridge microwave.
very friendly people working at the desk, they were helpful and informative. have heated pool, playground, pool and game room. will definitely be back!

Stayed: August 2014, travelled with family