“Perfect for whole family...”

Black Hawk Motel & Suites
Ranked #1 of 74 Hotels in Wisconsin Dells
Reviewed 15 June 2010

We took our extended family on vacation with my husband and our 14 month old son. Husband's mother, my parents and my adult brother. The rooms were perfect for us. We booked room #69 that had two separate bedrooms with a living area in between. This allowed us to put our son to bed at night without having to be quiet after 8:00. My mother-in-law and brother both got single rooms that were only $44 per night. They each had one double bed and it was perfect for them. My parents got two adjoining rooms because my father is noisy when he sleeps, so my mom could get some sleep herself. For varying needs, this property worked for us fabulously.

The property was easily walkable between all the rooms and it was an easy stroll to the front desk. There was a play area and grill right outside our rooms and we used that for a cookout our last night in town. There's a grocery store a few blocks down called Zinke's that was very reasonable in price. There is also a restaurant right across the street called Mimi's. The road can get quite busy to cross on foot, but it can be done.

We would absolutely stay here again and will recommend it to anyone.

• Stayed: June 2010, travelled with family
1  Thank Dizneylvr1971_10
Write a ReviewReviews (1,679)

Reviewed 13 June 2010

My family wanted something a bit more low-key than the waterpark resorts we'd stayed in in the past on our trips to the Dells. We planned to have a short stay and wanted to be closer to the activities on the strip, and the location of the BlackHawk was ideal. The parking space right outside the room made it easy for my husband and I to get in and out with our 3 young children. We stayed in a double-queen room and it was spacious enough for our family--and the fridge and microwave helped so we could have snacks and breakfast in the room. The room and the whole motel was clean and welcoming.

We used the indoor pool (chilly weekend) and the kids loved it--especially the slide! The playground was also a great way to burn off the kids' energy.

• Stayed: June 2010, travelled with family
2  Thank jendorf
Reviewed 13 June 2010

We stayed at the Blackhawk because of the high ratings and we were not disappointed. Clean verging on immaculate. Great beds and very friendly staff. Located right on the edge of downtown dells, everything is easy to get to, but you are not right in the middle of all the hussle and bustle.

• Stayed: June 2010, travelled as a couple
1  Thank wsoxwinyes
Reviewed 3 June 2010

Just returned from a 2 night stay here and I had to review because the place really is a hidden treasure. If you're not into the waterparks and resorts and want a little quiet time, I highly recommend the Black Hawk Motel.

Everything was extremely clean, from the mini frige and micro, to the bathtub and the bed linens.

You really get the feel of a family run, family oriented place. Both pools were fabulous as were the whirlpools and saunas. And again, CLEAN.

All staff the we interacted with were very pleasant, friendly and ever so helpful.

The hotel location is at the end of the downtown area, and a perfect place to be if you wish to explore the downtown area. Shopping and eating all within walking distance.

Highly recommended, we will for sure be returning for our next stay in the Dells.

• Stayed: June 2010, travelled as a couple
1  Thank summergirl514
Reviewed 2 June 2010

This has been my third year to the Dells and once again, Brad and the crew were AWESOME! Stayed again in room 66 over Memorial Day weekend with family in room 63 across the street. The pools are always clean and the game room got more games. We conquered the teenage mutant ninja turtle game with $25 ha-ha. Thanks again for another great year and we'll see you again in 2011!

Toua

• Stayed: May 2010, travelled with friends
Reviewed 29 May 2010

I stay here when I travel to see friends in Wisconsin and I love old motels. THIS is the best run, finest mom/pop motel in the country I have stayed at!
The rooms are immaculate and the property inside/outside is meticulously cared for.
Friendly family runs the property and is an excellent location/price for the Dells. My favorite (seriously my favorite) place to stay in the USA! It's not a Hilton - but cleaner and more maintained than a Hilton!

• Stayed: May 2010, travelled solo
Reviewed 17 May 2010

Hi,I,ve been going to the Dells 30 plus years and I adore the blackhawk hotel the MOST! Rooms are clean,nice size,pools are great,quiet off the main drag,and the family ownership is second to NOBODY! Pops,brad and tina are some of the finest people I,ve ever came in to contact with,even though brads a packers fan!!! I went there for decades as my kids grew up,now im on my own and when I visit to see my boys,I stay at the blachawk for a reason,fairly priced,love the feel of the motel,always clean,and the owners always treat me like family,they are second to nobody,and for the few that complain,heck,i dont know whats with you folks! I will always recommend the Black Hawk to my family and freinds...love everything about the place!!!especially the great and kind ownership,im loyal for a REASON! I,ll be there in june,cant wait! Ken Nagel..chicago il..

• Stayed: August 2009