“Amazing!”
Review of Gables Motel

Gables Motel
Ranked #66 of 75 Hotels in Wisconsin Dells
Reviewed 10 August 2014

I don't have enough good words to say about this place. We came here without reservation because we had one at THE FLAMINGO but as soon as we walked in the room we saw bed bugs crawling on the bed...(that will be a different review i'll write on their motel). So we ended up looking for a place to stay and lucky us found The Gables Motel! Prices were so much better than what other motels offered & the rooms were very nice & clean. The owners are very nice people that take really good care of their place. The pool is soooo clean & nice & heated,it was a breath of fresh air. :) everything is walking distance from here! Shops,restaurants,entertainment,the only time we had to drive was to Mt. Olympus waterpark & we only went there because we received free tickets from the motel. Anytime we needed something we just had to ask. I saw some people's reviews that said " there are too many screaming kids at the pool" well you are paying for a MOTEL not a HOTEL & the kids we encountered at the pool were very polite & they were just being kids! There was nothing annoying about them! I stayed here with my older sister & our parents & we had a blast. Thank you Gables motel,we will be coming back!!!

• Stayed: August 2014
4  Thank MoniCbn
There are newer reviews for Gables Motel

Reviewed 7 August 2014

We walked into the Gables without a reservation, and were able to get a second floor room for a nice price. The owner? Manager? was quite friendly and helpful, and the room was clean and neat. No frills, but decent. Parking was plentiful, and there is a pool to enjoy, although be warned; this is the Dells, where screaming children abound! The pool here was no exception...we stayed away. (No offense to those with children, but ours are grown, and we have no desire to listen to noise)

There is coffee in the office in the morning, and you can walk to everything downtown...what more can you ask for??

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
3  Thank Laurie E
Reviewed 18 July 2014

The only bad thing I could say is that I wish they would have small fridges and microwaves in the room. The pool and lawns are cared for with pretty flowers. Walking distance to bars and places to eat. We just stayed a night but it was very pleasant and the owners were really friendly. Would stay again.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Dena E
Reviewed 3 July 2014

The worst Service I could ever experience, receptionist is extremely rude and unpleasant, would never go there, they screaming at their clients and disrespect them,when you coming to Wisconsin to get a nice vacation in a great mood that's the place where they can make your vacation a disaster, please I highly recommend do not stay there,thank you

• Stayed: July 2014
2  Thank nataliebogu
Reviewed 30 June 2014

The owners are friendly and care about their property. I usually don't write reviews but the owners are so nice I felt the need. No this place isn't the Hilton but it is clean and they take care of their property and cheaper then Hilton! I found my go to motel when going to the dells now. I like how close they are to the downtown attractions. they don't have a mini fridge so bring a cooler is my recommendation

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
3  Thank Mskor68
Reviewed 21 June 2014

We reserved 10 rooms a year ago, when we checked in, rooms were spread out throughout whole hotel, would have been nice to be all together. TV was at least 20 yrs old, no blow dryer, no clock/alarm, no refrigerator. They charge $.25 for ice and then yell at you if you take more than a small amount because there is not enough for another guests. Had to buy a cooler, a blow dryer and ice for our 4 day stay. Shower water temp wouldn't stay temp, either freezing or hot, fan in bathroom didn't work. Carpet was DISGUSTING walked on it after shower for 10mins and my feet were BLACK! We used a couple towels to lay over our Harley seat while it rained and the owner yelled at us, could have just asked us not to use it. They wouldn't give us extra towels for the pool, we had to switch out for new ones. Owner stated that they don't make upgrades because that cost comes out of their pocket. Maybe they shouldn't own a business then. Overall a terrible experience and our group will not be coming back again next year. For the price we can easily something better.

• Stayed: June 2014
4  Thank CandC34
Reviewed 8 February 2014

I've stayed here I think 3 times in the last 6 or so years. The place is very consistent and predictable (in a good way) It is probably one of the older motels in the Dells but everything works and the owner's are helpful and friendly.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled as a couple