“Paradise Motel Made Trip Possible!”

We can't find prices for this hotel
Paradise Motel & Suites
Ranked #50 of 75 Hotels in Wisconsin Dells
Reviewed 27 July 2010

With the current economy, every dollar counts. We looked for a motel in the Dells with the best bang for our buck. The Paradise Motel offered that and more! They offer free Mt. Olympus passes for every day of your stay and for every person registered in your room. What a huge savings! They also gave us a Dells City Pass, OPA Card and Passport to Savings. We took advantage of the discounts on all of these cards.

The Paradise Motel is a family owned motel - this is something that is very important to us. We met the owner, who at age 89 is still going strong and taking care of the property and his beautiful flowers. Our room had two queen size beds and a microwave a fridge and an extremely chilly AC, which was fabulous - I hate being too warm! The room was slightly dated, but so is my mother's house - who cares when it is clean! We had chairs to sit on outside our door and the outdoor pool and kiddie pool were clean. The kid's loved it. There was also playground equipment on the property and plenty of pop machines.

It is right across from Mt. Olympus Water Park. We stayed Monday through Friday and went to Mt. Olympus every day of our stay. We walked across the street to the Indoor Water Park for entrance. Very convenient! We saved money by coming back to our room and eating lunch.

What made our stay truly enjoyable was the staff. Vera in the office was great! She checked us in very quickly and gave us information about the area when we asked. The cleaning crew was always friendly and provided us with extra towels when we needed them. A week before our trip I emailed the motel to ask a couple of questions regarding the Mt. Olympus passes. I expected an email, but Vera took the time to call me personally and answer my questions. Now that is great customer service!

Many families we met at the Paradise Motel come back each summer. Well, add us to the list - we will be return guests as well!

• Stayed: July 2010, travelled with family

Reviewed 15 July 2010

As a suprise for my college daughters, I wanted to send thim to Wisconsin Dells along with one of their college friends. Vera and her staff went above and beynd to make them comfortable. The girls said their stay at Paradis Motel was one of the best times they ever had. Their room was clean and fresh!! They arrived early and Vera let them check in and get settled before they went to the water park. The convinence of being right next door was great. When they needed a breather ...they just walked back to their room for a bit and then hit the water park again. Thank you Vera and your staff at Paradise Motel.. They will definetly be back next year! DJ

Stayed: July 2010, travelled with family
Reviewed 13 July 2010

Family of 4 (2 kids, 2 adults) for a 4 night stay in July/2010.

Check-in/Front Desk:
I've read about the great hospitality/service provided by the owner of this motel.... Which makes me wonder if they've had a change of management lately. Check-in itself took 20 minutes of standing there while she typed on her laptop... It was like we were hasseling her or keeping her away from other more important things. On two other occasions, I had to go to the front desk and both times she was checking voice-mail messages left by people trying to get ahold of the hotel... Upon entering the office, she would continue to listen to the message until it was done, then finally address me. To others who attempt to contact the establishment, this is her modus operandi and why you have difficulty reaching them. Even when I attempted to contact the front desk from our room on 2 occasions, it would just ring and ring and ring. Finally I'd walk down there and wait while she listened to voice mail messages.

At the last minute, we decided to extend our stay by going a day early - and she was able to accomodate us in the same room with no issues, which WAS nice.

Room: (Unit 2A)

We stayed in a 2 bedroom "family unit" for the duration of our stay.

Pros: The A/C worked well, room was clean although very dated, had a fridge, toaster and microwave
Cons: Freezer door on fridge broken, 30 second wait for hot-water in shower/sink, TV in second bedroom so old it doesn't have a remote, no clock/alarm radio at all in unit, minimal personal care items (2 small bars of soap), old creaky beds.

Wi-fi: The hotel lists Wi-Fi as in "selected areas". They have their wireless router in the main office - which provides wi-fi into about 5 rooms (out of 50) and to an area by the pool under a big tree. The owner advised that we would get wi-fi in our room as we were near the front, but we were a good 100' too far to receive it. We did show a wi-fi connection from a nearby hotel, but it was password protected.

Pool:
Pros: Nice sized pool/hot tub at the motel to use - Pool is 11' deep at the one end. Hot tub is actually hot, although the jets are turned off at night.

Location:
Pros: Right across from the entrance to Mt. Olympus water park, which was very convenient.
Cons: Trying to cross the road was often a hair raising/dangerous experience at times due to very high volumes of traffic.

Recommendation:

The free passes to Mt. Olympus for the duration of your stay would be the only real reason I would stay at this hotel again... Although next year I'll be more apt to look at other hotels in the Dells that provide the same incentive - seemed like most of the strip motels offered some type of pass/discount. The close location was nice, but with a vehicle most motels would only be a 1 or 2 minute drive away.

• Stayed: July 2010, travelled with family
1  Thank Azarius74
Reviewed 24 June 2010

I would love to write a review about the Paradise Hotel's rooms and cleanliness, but I actually wasn't even able to get that far! First off, I tried calling for three days straight! No one ever answered the phone. I left a message on their machine that was never returned.

In a last-ditch effort to see if they had availability for the weekend, I called this afternoon to see if someone would be around... to my shock, a woman answered. I'm assuming it was the owner or manager because the voice matched the answering machine.

I asked if anything was available for the weekend and she replied, "We're all booked up." and then HUNG UP ON ME!

I gave her the benefit of the doubt and tried calling back...

When I asked if she'd hung up on me, her response was a sarcastic "I'm terribly sorry." and then silence...

So then I started to ask about other dates and rates and she was clearly agitated, so I told her I'd shop around... and then she hung up on me again.

I cannot believe that anyone would be so unpleasant to a customer looking to spend money. I'm sure I'm better off for not going with this property... and you would be too.

• Stayed: June 2010, travelled with friends
6  Thank ChipmunkTravelors
Reviewed 23 June 2010

We booked our vacation at the Paradise Motel and confirmed the reservation the Monday before we left. We were told we had reserved the family suite that would sleep 8. There were 7 in our party so that was perfect. When we arrived at 11am Friday morning we were told the room was double booked and we were offered a camper in a trailer park at more than the rate we had reserved the room for. That was not what we needed but instead of the motel trying to find us a room or even offering to pay anything we were told that "it happens sometimes" and were forced to pay double across town. We were given wristbands to the theme park that came with the room, but not even offered the difference in our room rate. I was shocked at the indifference to our situation. In my opinion, the motel owes me $220 for the difference in our booking and our actual cost. We have already decided to start looking for other places to vacation.

• Stayed: June 2010, travelled with family
4  Thank 43boys
Reviewed 21 June 2010

Love this place and wouldn't consider another! Been coming here since I was a kid. We just stayed here again from June 17 - 20, 2010 and you can't beat the rates, nice rooms, pool, scenery and wonderful staff! Kind and helpful always and treat you like family. Vera and Linda go the extra mile to make you feel welcome. Although now grown, our adult kids still enjoy it here too. It's very family oriented, so don't pass up a chance for a nice stay! Very relaxing.

• Stayed: June 2010, travelled as a couple
2  Thank sassygirl57
Reviewed 21 May 2010

Vera and her family have dedicated themselves to making you feel welcome. They have partnered with area merchants to give you the best value for your stay while in the Dells. Please see their website. My wife and I stayed here in a newly remodeled suite room. Very nice. Hot tub w/ mirrors and a small annex with a hide-a-bed couch ,credenza and an additional sink. My immediate thought was, my children could stay here w/ us the next time.
Directly adjacent to the Mt Olympus Theme park:; we walked across the street. No parking
necessary! Picnic area, playground, pool, clean,comfortable and close to everything.

• Stayed: May 2010, travelled as a couple