Alakai Hotel and Suites
Ranked #27 of 75 Hotels in Wisconsin Dells
Reviewed 26 July 2012

I brought my entire 10 year old baseball team here to stay 2-nights for a big Dells Baseball Tournament. Oh my God was this hotel a big mistake to stay at. The owner and her husband are insane and I am being kind. If you have kids do not stay here! She will get nasty and rude with anyone. She called the police on all of us for standing outside at night when we were all being very nice and respectful. The police officer who came even said to us "This woman is crazy so just put your drinks away and I will drive off"
The next night all our kids were swimming in the pool when she came and checked all the coolers (without even asking) and kicked us all out right at 10pm. Don't stay here people! I would rather sleep in my car for two nights then deal with the owner. She is a piece of work!

Stayed: July 2012, travelled with friends
7  Thank Brian R

Reviewed 25 July 2012

My family and I stayed 2 nights at Alakai and we really enjoyed the stay. The rooms were clean and the staff were friendly. The rooms were a decent paid and the pools were clean. My fiance was in a wheelchair from a broken ankle and the check in staff member gave us a handicap room without addition charge and without us asking. I would diff recommend this hotel to anyone.

• Stayed: July 2012, travelled with family
1  Thank ChristinaH781
Reviewed 25 July 2012

Me and my family are used to taking trips and have stayed in plenty of hotels. We booked 5 rooms at Alakai to accommodate us in both quantity and price. The service was exquisite, the owner was a delight, and when/if i return to Wisconsin Dells - she WILL receive my service. The rooms were nice and clean, the maids we helpful, and the location of the hotel is perfect. Most attractions were 10-15 minutes away and the hotel offers HUNDREDS of coupons just for staying with them. There is an indoor pool for adults, a hot tub, and a children's pool(that actually helped my soon to feel comfortable with water). There is also an outdoor pool with 2 slides and a basketball hoop. Parking is ample, and safe. You can walk to several restaurants i.e. Famous Dave's, Taco Bell, and McDonalds. Call ahead and just speak with the owner, she is very nice and very respectful. Overall... this hotel service has really assured me that there are nice people and places everywhere you go.

Room Tip: Choose a room on a higher floor if you are concerned about noise from people above you. If you expec...
  • Stayed: July 2012, travelled with family
3  Thank LorenzoM86
Reviewed 5 July 2012

We have been here on 5 different occasions and our kids love it. Our 6 year old can swim in deeper areas and our 4 and 2 year old can go on slides in shallower areas. The couple that owns and runs this place is great. They do not let teenagers run out of control and force out or endanger younger children. They have always been very receptive to out special and/or crazy requests. Our room is always very neat and clean and the pool areas are well maintained.

3  Thank Mark R
Reviewed 1 July 2012

Cleaner than most of the larger hotels/resorts we have been to. Very nice and accomidating people running the hotel. Not a huge water park (1 indoor with 2 slides and pool, and 1 outdoor with 3 slides and pool) but our 4 and 8 year olds wanted to stay and play there even though tickets to chula vista waterpark came with the room for every guest. And we stayed at chula vista the weekend before. The 2 room suite we stayed in was right around $!20 less for the 2 nights than any other hotels/resorts we checked with, very comfortable, Ultra clean (very important to us) and nice and quiet hotel. I will check with this hotel first from now on.

Room Tip: we had a parking lot side room which helped to see if we should use outdoor pool or indoor. all easi...
4  Thank iplayintraffic
Reviewed 29 June 2012 via mobile

We just returned from a 4 night stay, and we thoroughly enjoyed our time at the Alakai. After reading the reviews I was apprehensive about the customer service, but my husband and I both found the owner to be friendly and helpful. We were most impressed by the CLEANLINESS of this property. No "hotel smell", and the bathroom was absolutely spotless. The fridge and microwave were very handy for our family of 4 and allowed us to save $ by eating breakfast in our room. The pool areas opened early and stayed open late, and were perfect for our 4 and 6 year old daughters. Overall, we had a great stay and look forward to a return visit to this hotel!

• Stayed: June 2012
1  Thank DaniekaKing
Reviewed 27 June 2012

We have been staying at the Alakai hotel for many years and NEVER had a bad experience. We have 3 boys ages 9 thru 4 and they have a blast in the indoor and outdoor pools. The price is affordable and the rooms are always clean and comfortable. My boys always want to stay here, the other big hotels are to overwhelming for them and us.The owners are very pleasant and welcoming towards us. We are already planning our next trip to the Alakai, our home away from home.

2  Thank KarenB3B