“Nice, clean rooms with excellent front desk staff.” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Alakai Hotel and Suites

Alakai Hotel and Suites
Ranked #36 of 72 Hotels in Wisconsin Dells
“Nice, clean rooms with excellent front desk staff.”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 July 2013 via mobile

Hotel Alakai is a very good value for the money. Our rooms was clean and nice. (Odd smell of natural gas in elevator but they said it had been checked by gas company and cleared.) Lady working the front desk was extremely nice and helpful.
Pool looked very nice and we LOVED the free passes to Chula Vista waterparks. Such a great perk! Plus the coupon card was great!

• Stayed July 2013
    • 5 of 5 bubbles

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (27)
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 July 2013

We stayed here this past weekend---2 couples, 2 rooms. We were all very pleased with the hotel. Rooms were very clean, staff was very friendly and helpful, and the pool areas were nice & relaxing! We will definitely stay here again! The price was right and it included wristbands to Chula Vista waterpark, which we also enjoyed. Thank you for a great stay, Alakai Hotel!

• Stayed July 2013, travelled as a couple
Milwaukee, Wisconsin
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 June 2013

We stayed at Alakai on a sunday & Monday in June. I have to say that this hotel was very clean (pool areas, hallways, lobby, & our room). I appreciated that I could see the vacuum tracks on the carpet when we entered our room. Bathroom was immaculate. Our room was a regular double queen. There was also a sofa with a coffee table and another table with two chairs. That's helpful with two small children. Someone in an earlier post complained about the old TV......yeah its an old model but I don't care. it worked just fine to entertain the kids while I got ready to go out for dinner & I didn't travel to the dells for the TV anyway! The outdoor pool has three slides & a fountain thing. My one suggestion is that it would be nice if they planted some evergreens in front of the area to block the busy highway & create a bit of privacy. The indoor pool has a kiddie area with fountains & two slides. There is a regular pool & a sauna which was nice. These are not large areas but just right for smaller kids & families looking to avoid crowds. My daughter met some girls her age & enjoyed swimming with them. We usually travel to the dells a couple times a year for quick getaways. We prefer smaller hotels geared toward younger kids because we find the big resorts overwhelming & don't like the sensory overload! I enjoyed our stay at the Alakai & would go back again.

Room Tip: The third floor is quiet & peaceful.
  • Stayed June 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank JessieA10
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 June 2013

Upon check-in we received tons of recommendations for the area. Also got some great coupons for the water park and some other local features. Everything was very clean and the rooms were nice and comfortable. Hotel staff was very friendly. Will be back next year!!

Room Tip: Our room was great. Just right for us.
  • Stayed June 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank Alvina22
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 April 2013

Took a spring break to this facility with kids and grandkids. Had a ball. The kiddie pool had slides and toys in about 12 inch depth. Nice for the adults to take it easy and just monitor the activity. The main pool was good for laps and big kid fun. This is primarily for the little ones (2-8 years). Big kids will find that it isn't exciting enough compared to other surrounding resorts. A continental breakfast would be a nice addition, but everything is nearby including hiking and other activities. Rooms were kept nicely, and public areas were good. We were there at a not-too-crowded time. Desk personnel helpful and cooperative.

• Stayed March 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank Kenneth L
Grand Rapids, Michigan, United States
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 April 2013

My wife and I stayed here for a single night in April 2013. It was overall OK, but the HVAC was awful. In the later afternoon upon checkin, I could not get it to warm the room up. I sat in a sweatshirt all evening. Then, overnight, the heat decided it was going to work and work and work. I got up twice to try to turn the heat down and my wife got up once.
In the morning, upon checkout, I told the manager that he needed to check the thermostat in that particular room., He accused me of lying to try to get money back. At that point my wife lost her temper. She asked if he cared that we had a bad night of sleep due to the heat problem and he said NO! I do not care. It was not a pretty sight. We will not be staying there ever again.

• Stayed April 2013, travelled with family
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 April 2013

I was kind of worried after reading some bad reviews, but after five nights at The Alakai, I know those peoples reviews were just nonsense. We had a wonderful time! Everything was clean, well maintained, and the staff were lovely people. The indoor waterpark was just perfect for my granddaughters, and they couldn't get enough of it. This is a super place for a family with small children. We would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed April 2013, travelled with family