“Fun, Friendly, and Value! What more can you want?” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Alakai Hotel and Suites

Alakai Hotel and Suites
Ranked #36 of 72 Hotels in Wisconsin Dells
Falls City, Nebraska
“Fun, Friendly, and Value! What more can you want?”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 June 2009

We stayed here for 4 nights and each night was a pleasure. The location was perfect for us,after driving 9 + hours it was easy to find, it was right there when we drove into town.
The rooms were VERY clean, as was the pool. The room was just as it was described. The photos on the website are right on. No surprises when you walk in the room! My kids enjoyed the pool very much, as did my husband and I. The slides and the fountains were not on but they turned them on as soon as they saw someone in the pool or if you asked. We never had a problem with that. The couple who own the Alakai were VERY friendly to us. We felt very welcome. I think what people have commented on, on the other posts about always feeling watched was just the front desk being friendly. They seem to want you to feel at home and welcome. Over all I would stay here again and again!

• Stayed May 2009, travelled with family
    • 5 of 5 bubbles

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (27)
Streator, Illinois
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 May 2009

My wife and I stayed here just to drop our 2 young grandsons off to my daughter & son-in-law who had reservations at a big WaterPark-Resort. They got tied up in traffic getting there and our 2 grandsons(2 & 8) were crying their eyes out to go swimming. We had them for about 3 hours before their parents showed up: so I let them put on their suits and took them to the indoor pool. The arrogant mean old hag at the front desk came charging into the pool room screaming at my oldest grandson about jumping feet first into the pool then tried to berate me since I had a reservation for 2 adults and no children:since normally the grandkids was supposed to get picked up right away. The woman was the most arrogant innkeeper I have seen in my life anywhere in the US!! The kids were only in the pool a short time and I took them back to the room to change and get ready to get picked up. The next morning when I checked out: The same old bat was at the front desk and charged me for 2 extra people for the night!! I argued with her about it and told her we would NEVER stay there again. It is a horrible shame because the rooms were spotless and other than the woman at the front desk I would have giving this place 5 Stars: but not when I am treated like DIRT !!! I did send an e-mail later to the motel and the Dells Commerce: BUT NEVER GOT A REPLY: Have never been treated like thast from an Innkeeper.

• Stayed May 2008, travelled with family
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
5 Thank Fredelcamino
Lomira, WI
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 May 2009

Great place for little ones. There we not many people staying there at times we felt like the only ones. Pool area was roomy and warm. Kids loved the slides. Will be back for future stays.

Loves Park
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 March 2009

We had an awesome time at the Alakai Hotel. The staff was very friendly and helpful. We even had a special request that they were extremely helpful with. The pools were not too hot or too cold. The pools were the cleanest pools I have ever seen. The rooms were also very clean. My girls had a blast. It is the perfect get away with small kids. I know they tell you to bring your beach towels, but they were more than happy to allow us to use their bath towels. We stayed for 3 nights and 2 of the mornings they had breakfast by the coffee machine. That was a big surprise to us. We will definitely stay there again!

Appleton, Wisconsin
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 March 2009

The hotel was close to everything which was nice. It wasn't a big fancy hotel (which helps keep the costs down), but with a 1 and a 3 year old, the pool area was fabulous! The girls loved it, and we had fun playing with them! Right on their website they tell you to bring your own beach towels (for the pool)- they do supply bathroom towels. There is no continental breakfast, but Dennys and McDonalds are two or three doors down. We went to getaway- didn't plan on going anywhere else, just to the kiddie pool at the hotel. They did bring us an extra blanket at night.

Carpentersville, IL
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 March 2009

This is the hidden gem among all the Wisconsin Dells Hotels. A medium sized resort that is family owned, and cared for with attention to every detail. The rooms are immaculately kept, the pool pristinely clean, and the indoor mini water park for the kids welcomes the whole family to partake with them. The hotel also has a hot and inviting hot tub that is suitable for 10, and a dry sauna perfect to relax and dry off after a heated indoor, or outdoor pool swim. Yes the hotel has both! You can expect personal service with a smile, that is rare in today's oceans filled of cold impersonal chain hotels. The location, just 5 minutes drive to ALL the action, yet located at walking distance to Kalahari Water Park, Dessert Star Theater, Tangiers Prime Outlet, The new indoor amusement park and eateries such as McDonald's Burger King, Culver's Denny's, Chicago’s Pizzeria Uno and for those steak lovers Ponderosa is the best I visited in all the other Ponderosas throughout the U.S. Down the street and around the corner, you can find nightlife in the tropical island styles of Marley's and traditional island cuisine that takes you back to Jamaica Man! Try the 1 mile high wings, the Coconut Shrimp, the delectable crab cakes and then stay for the live music and DJ dancing. This hotel is great for the romantic get-a-ways as we had during Valentine's day visit, or a family fun adventure. Rooms range from the economy double queen to the amazingly romantic, fireplace, double jaccuzzi suites, and family suites to for when you take the whole clan. There is a room to suit just about everyone.

• Stayed February 2009, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Dynomic1
Wisconsin
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 February 2009

The lady at the front desk was extremely arrogant. You cannot relax here because you feel like you are always being watched. The bathrooms are tiny. The rooms have no coffee makers. The continental breakfast is a joke. They refuse to hand out towels at the front desk for the pool area. The walls are paper thin. The lady at the front desk needs to learn how to treat her customers better or she won't have any. I would not recommend this place. Do yourself a favor and go stay somewhere else.

• Stayed February 2009