“Excellent, Excellent, Excellent!”

Ranked #28 of 74 Hotels in Wisconsin Dells
Milwaukee, WI
“Excellent, Excellent, Excellent!”
Reviewed 8 August 2009

This hotel was wonderful. Nothing was bad about it. I went with two children: a 16 year old and a 14 year old and they had an excellent time as well as I. The hotel was clean, the pools were fun, and the service was great! The people at the front desk were very nice and inviting. The place was just wonderful and we are going back next year! The staff saw that my daughter was in the pool, and turned on the sprinklers for her. Everything was just wonderful. It's great for all ages!!!

• Stayed August 2009, travelled with family

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (31)
Illinois
Reviewed 1 July 2009

My Wife, two young children and I stayed at the Alakai first week of Jun '09. It was a very clean hotel and room. The price was an excellent value as it provided each of us a full days pass to Mt. Olympus on everday of our stay including both arrival and check out days. Alexandria (owner) was very accomodating with passes before our check in so we could jump right in to the activities.
As far as service and front desk attitudes, it doesnt hurt to suck up a little... If you have a problem here, look in the mirror.
The owners stay on site and this is a home to them, we acted accoringly and were treated kindly with the hospitality and friendly, proffesional service. The owner even makes a point to walk accross the parking lot to have a cigarette break. If you are price savy and want a safe, clean, family friendly environment, this place is for you. It is close to Knuckleheads, Khalahari, movie thesaater, outlet mall and a ton of other conveniences.
One thing I recomend is making a stop at the grocery store and stocking the room fridge with snacks and drinks.

• Stayed June 2009, travelled with family
2 Thank MikePsFamily
Illinois
Reviewed 16 June 2009

Their cancellation policy is terrible - 72 hours or you pay full price. Had an illness with a 90+ year old and had to cancel. Explained situation to the owner and wouln't budge on policy and wasn't very nice about it. Don't waste your time here - plenty of other good places close by.

Stayed June 2009, travelled as a couple
2 Thank IllinoisSmith
Falls City, Nebraska
Reviewed 1 June 2009

We stayed here for 4 nights and each night was a pleasure. The location was perfect for us,after driving 9 + hours it was easy to find, it was right there when we drove into town.
The rooms were VERY clean, as was the pool. The room was just as it was described. The photos on the website are right on. No surprises when you walk in the room! My kids enjoyed the pool very much, as did my husband and I. The slides and the fountains were not on but they turned them on as soon as they saw someone in the pool or if you asked. We never had a problem with that. The couple who own the Alakai were VERY friendly to us. We felt very welcome. I think what people have commented on, on the other posts about always feeling watched was just the front desk being friendly. They seem to want you to feel at home and welcome. Over all I would stay here again and again!

• Stayed May 2009, travelled with family
Streator, Illinois
Reviewed 24 May 2009

My wife and I stayed here just to drop our 2 young grandsons off to my daughter & son-in-law who had reservations at a big WaterPark-Resort. They got tied up in traffic getting there and our 2 grandsons(2 & 8) were crying their eyes out to go swimming. We had them for about 3 hours before their parents showed up: so I let them put on their suits and took them to the indoor pool. The arrogant mean old hag at the front desk came charging into the pool room screaming at my oldest grandson about jumping feet first into the pool then tried to berate me since I had a reservation for 2 adults and no children:since normally the grandkids was supposed to get picked up right away. The woman was the most arrogant innkeeper I have seen in my life anywhere in the US!! The kids were only in the pool a short time and I took them back to the room to change and get ready to get picked up. The next morning when I checked out: The same old bat was at the front desk and charged me for 2 extra people for the night!! I argued with her about it and told her we would NEVER stay there again. It is a horrible shame because the rooms were spotless and other than the woman at the front desk I would have giving this place 5 Stars: but not when I am treated like DIRT !!! I did send an e-mail later to the motel and the Dells Commerce: BUT NEVER GOT A REPLY: Have never been treated like thast from an Innkeeper.

• Stayed May 2008, travelled with family
5 Thank Fredelcamino
Lomira, WI
Reviewed 10 May 2009

Great place for little ones. There we not many people staying there at times we felt like the only ones. Pool area was roomy and warm. Kids loved the slides. Will be back for future stays.

• Stayed March 2009, travelled with family
Loves Park
Reviewed 27 March 2009

We had an awesome time at the Alakai Hotel. The staff was very friendly and helpful. We even had a special request that they were extremely helpful with. The pools were not too hot or too cold. The pools were the cleanest pools I have ever seen. The rooms were also very clean. My girls had a blast. It is the perfect get away with small kids. I know they tell you to bring your beach towels, but they were more than happy to allow us to use their bath towels. We stayed for 3 nights and 2 of the mornings they had breakfast by the coffee machine. That was a big surprise to us. We will definitely stay there again!

• Stayed March 2009, travelled with family