“Waiting to go back next summer.”

Cedar Lodge & Settlement
Ranked #8 of 75 Hotels in Wisconsin Dells
Reviewed 31 July 2011

Wonderful quiet place. It was beautiful and relaxing, staff is very friendly. The peacefulness of waking up and having your coffee on the deck while watching the river was perfect. A nice change looking out my window and not seeing a mass of concrete or expressway. Tucked away in the woods but just 3 minutes away from civilization.

Reviewed 25 July 2011

We were looking for accomodations that were not directly on the tourist strip and are glad we found Cedar Lodge. The property is on the Wisconsin River between the upper and lower dells and most rooms have a river view. There is a beach and a nightly campfire. Our room had a small kitchenette, fireplace and a nice sized balcony with a small picnic table. Also the usual amenities like TV and pool. We were eligible for daily access to one of the waterparks as part of the price of our stay, but never used it. You wash your own dishes and take out your own trash so it feels a bit like cabin-camping but they will bring fresh towels and make the beds if you leave your drapes open. Quiet, clean, comfortable but not fancy. Essentially, just what we were looking for.

Stayed: July 2011, travelled with family
2  Thank Canny-family
Reviewed 24 July 2011

I think the stars were just against us during our stay at Cedar Lodge. The stunning river view and beach access, the rustic log building and furnishings and the terrific pool were all big pluses for us. Our room was very dark even with all the lights on and there was very little room for our luggage. The "closet" area and hangars were inaccessible because the mini-fridge, microwave and coffee machine were stacked under them. I understood we would have a kitchenette but that turned out not to be the case. Maybe I misunderstood. My husband (not a heavy man) sat on our bed and it collapsed. The staff did repair it promptly and it broke again the following night. The mattresses had a 3-inch thick foam pad on top that was very uncomfortable. It will smother you if you are a stomach sleeper and it is very hot. Coffee machine did not work. Air mattress for our kids leaked -- and no, they weren't jumping on it. The mattress was replaced right away. Soap and shampoo dispensers on the wall of the bathroom and advertising placards on the inside of the bathroom door gave the feel of a public restroom. The soap dispenser on the wall of the shower fell off and no one in our family even used it since we byo on the soap. (The staff told us this happens a lot.) Much of the furniture and fixtures needed dusting and the carpet needed to be replaced. Apparently these are individually owned condo units so it's possible every unit is very different from what we experienced. I have to say the staff were very courteous and helpful but it would have been nice to have the front desk area open before 9:00 a.m. so we could get ice and after 9:00 p.m. Because of the great location and ambiance, we might come back, but I would ask a lot of specific questions about my assigned room before booking. This was the most expensive room of our epic 10-hotel driving adventure and it had the most problems.

Room Tip: Units 22 through 25 are in a separate building that appears to have more complete amenities. I'...
1  Thank citylifemomma
Reviewed 21 July 2011

There are not enough great things that I can say about this place. I actually found them through Tripadvisor. My children (ages 5 & 2), my parents, and myself just returned. The pool was perfect for my kids because it only went up to 4 feet.
The scenery is breathtaking. The employees are so helpful and friendly. I almost didn't want to leave a shining review because I want to keep this hidden jewel to myself. We are going back in March for my daughter's cheerleading competition and hopefully next summer my husband will be able to come with us.

Room Tip: Get a riverview room. Coffee on your private or semi-private deck in the morning is amazing.
Reviewed 19 July 2011

must say this is one of the best places i have stayed in the dells. I was there for a girls trip and it was amazing. very clean, friendly , peaceful, and of course a wonderful view, cant wait to go back we had a really good time.

• Stayed: June 2011, travelled with friends
1  Thank michellekar
Reviewed 18 July 2011

We were here 2 years ago, and I have upgraded my rating to 5 stars. This time we stayed at another property the first night, and it was so bad we decided to see if Cedar Lodge possibly had a room available. I was so happy they did! I can't say enough about how beautiful and peaceful this place is, both the rooms and the grounds. We just loved the balcony overlooking the river and spent quite a bit of time there. The two problems we had the last time had been addressed (there is new management now). The room drapes had been replaced with thicker ones and a bar for hanging clothes had been added. The young ladies in the office were very nice, and Cedar Lodge seems to attract quieter guests than some hotels in the Dells.

• Stayed: July 2011, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Arleen H
Reviewed 13 July 2011

We visit the Dells area often and were looking for a place to relax but be a short drive
from all the activity. Cedar Lodge was the perfect solution. We could relax looking out
to the river or get in the car and drive 5 minutes to all the restaurants, waterparks, and
attractions. The rooms are very clean and the resort property is beautiful. If you are
traveling with family they have cabins for larger groups. You will not be disappointed
and in fact will want to return often. I say this because we booked another stay when
we checked out!

Room Tip: Good descriptions are provided for each type of room
  • Stayed: May 2011, travelled as a couple