“Stayed here a second time, LOVED it”

Cedar Lodge & Settlement
Ranked #4 of 72 Hotels in Wisconsin Dells
Wisconsin Rapids, Wisconsin
“Stayed here a second time, LOVED it”
Reviewed 5 January 2012

I stayed here for the second time this year. I was here last summer and decided to take my employees down to the dells for a little Christmas party. We had stayed in a cabin last time, this time we stayed in the hotel. I was a little worried it wouldn't be as large as the cabin was, but it was actually very very spacious. The rooms have a large deck that overlooks the Wisconsin River, which is a beautiful sight on a chilly winter morning. The room we stayed in also had a gas fireplace, a hot tub in the master suite, and TV with DVD. We stayed two nights and had a great time. The management staff is second to none when it comes to answering questions and helping us all get settled in. I'm definitely planning another trip to the dells next year and will stay here again. If I could I'd give this place six stars.

Room Tip: The hotel rooms overlook the river, the cabins do not.
  • Stayed December 2011, travelled with friends
1 Thank mfa2003

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (136)
  • Arabic first
Reviewed 1 January 2012

Stayed in suit 23 and upon arriving the staff was extremely nice. Got into the room and fell in love with it that second, but quickly found one small problem. The " full kitchen" is not so much. But my GF and I made it work. I will come back without hesitation and it was hard to leave by far the best new years I've ever had. Thanks cedar lodge staff and see you soon - David miller

• Stayed December 2011
Oregon, Illinois
Reviewed 21 December 2011

My wife and I visited the area for our 46th aniversary in December and enjoyed it very much - everything was clean, tidy and quiet at nite - very well kept up - the gas fireplace was especially enjoyed by my wife - a little away from all the action in town (just a few miles - 2 to 5 or so) but close enough for us older folks - nice and clean kitchenette with utensils was handy - also a dvd if you wanted to use it - we had one of the lower unit rooms - we will likely stay here on our next visit if it is available..

Room Tip: Check out the Lodges pictuers - they are very accurate to what the rooms look like..
  • Stayed December 2011, travelled as a couple
1 Thank R S
chicago
Reviewed 20 December 2011

I loved cedar lodge, I was nervous at first when it said cabins but when we got there I never felt more at home! The place was pretty much like a nice small home and the people there were very friendly. I did not have one problem while I was there and the location was perfect. We were right by the ski lodge and all local entertainment was only a few minutes away. Looking forward to going back VERY soon! The cabins were very clean and cozy especially in the cold weather.

Room Tip: Cabins were spacious and super cozy, loved it.
  • Stayed December 2011, travelled with friends
1 Thank mallory g
Reviewed 8 November 2011

We loved our stay here, it was very relaxing, rooms were cozy, laid out nice and clean. Staff was also very nice and caring, they take pride and make sure your needs are met. They also have little booklets in the rooms with people sharing their stories and experiences while they were in the Dells, it was nice reading about all the honeymooners and anniversaries spent there. I also got engaged there this week :) We will definitely be coming back!

• Stayed November 2011
Edgerton, Wisconsin
Reviewed 23 October 2011

Perfect destination for a peaceful family vacation. Very nice accommadations and quiet. Beautiful river views. When we arrived at our room, Grand villa #6, they had lit the fireplace. We will definately stay here again.

Room Tip: Rooms facing water have wonderful view!
  • Stayed October 2011, travelled with family
1 Thank Daniel B
Reviewed 21 October 2011

Stayed in the Grand Villa Room... Unit 3 I think. Nice electric fireplace and the suite was very clean and fresh. There was a great view of the Wisconsin River and the staff was very friendly. I will def stay there again. Good for families or couples.

Room Tip: Seems like the basic rooms are on the 2nd floor and upgraded rooms are on the 1st floor.
  • Stayed October 2011, travelled as a couple