“Best place to stay in Wisc. Dells”

Cedar Lodge & Settlement
Ranked #11 of 74 Hotels in Wisconsin Dells
Reviewed 9 February 2012

Nice lodges by the lake. Staff was friendly and attentive (Packers fan:P). We saw a bald eagle just outside the patio. Can't wait to return next year for both summer and winter fun. Winter Fest at Xmas mountain first Friday in February.

• Stayed: February 2012

Reviewed 6 February 2012

Stayed a weekend with my girlfriend.. Was pretty awesome. very private and peaceful view of the river. Plan on going back in early summer.

• Stayed: October 2011, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 30 January 2012

This was our first time here in the winter and I have to say our stay was outstanding. The staff is the best around. Friendly and very helpful. We celebrated my grandsons 6th birthday and he didn't want to leave. We have been going to Cedar Lodge for about 6 years, and it just gets better every year. We are coming back again this summer for a week, CAN'T WAIT!!!

• Stayed: January 2012, travelled with family
Reviewed 16 January 2012

We stayed in one of the 1BR and loft cabin (unit #33) and we loved it! It has a cozy feel to it with a fireplace, kitchen, and dining room that seats 6. I'm a clean freak and the rooms, bed sheets, and towels were very clean. The only gripe I have is that the bathroom is right next to the bed (in the bedroom) so if you're staying with other people in the cabin, you may want to call shots on the loft so you're not disturbed by the toilet flushing noise and/or yucky smell (if someone goes #2) while sleeping. Also, it's too bad there's only one window (in the loft) that faces the back of the cabin and there's no access to the back of the cabin, coz it's a really pretty view of the forest back there. I agree, not sure why we had to pay resort fees in the dead of winter, but it is what it is I guess. Other than that, we really love this place! If we ever decide to go back, we'll definitely stay here again and will recommend it to our friends and family as well. Oh and one more thing, the staff were very friendly and very accommodating which is a big plus! Thanks Big Cedar Lodge Resort for making us feel welcome!

• Stayed: January 2012
Reviewed 15 January 2012

We had an awesome view of the river, had adjoining room with extended family. This was so convenient for our holiday celebration and the use of the lodge for our holiday meal/ gift exchange was wonderful. Appreciated the discounted lift tickets to Devils Head and the free water park tickets.

Room Tip: #6 is good - liked ground level for convenience and
  • Stayed: December 2011, travelled with family
Reviewed 5 January 2012

I stayed here for the second time this year. I was here last summer and decided to take my employees down to the dells for a little Christmas party. We had stayed in a cabin last time, this time we stayed in the hotel. I was a little worried it wouldn't be as large as the cabin was, but it was actually very very spacious. The rooms have a large deck that overlooks the Wisconsin River, which is a beautiful sight on a chilly winter morning. The room we stayed in also had a gas fireplace, a hot tub in the master suite, and TV with DVD. We stayed two nights and had a great time. The management staff is second to none when it comes to answering questions and helping us all get settled in. I'm definitely planning another trip to the dells next year and will stay here again. If I could I'd give this place six stars.

Room Tip: The hotel rooms overlook the river, the cabins do not.
  • Stayed: December 2011, travelled with friends
1  Thank mfa2003
Reviewed 1 January 2012

Stayed in suit 23 and upon arriving the staff was extremely nice. Got into the room and fell in love with it that second, but quickly found one small problem. The " full kitchen" is not so much. But my GF and I made it work. I will come back without hesitation and it was hard to leave by far the best new years I've ever had. Thanks cedar lodge staff and see you soon - David miller

• Stayed: December 2011