I want to start this review by saying that I really wanted to give this location 5 stars, I just am really frustrated by the person who was working when I called.
The reason we were making this trip to the dells was to go snowboarding at cascade and I saw the deal online for this hotel so I called and asked once about the deal and if it was for Cascade and the woman working the front desk informed me you get lift tickets. I called and asked a question once more specifically about Cascade and she said yes so I booked. She was super friendly and helpful, but once I checked in and they handed me Christmas Mountain lift tickets, I was not happy. I would have gone snowboarding closer to my house considering that mountain is not very big.
So anyway, The man working at the office was very friendly and helpful with telling us everything about the hotel and surrounding area. I loved the property and location. We were probably 1 of 4 people staying there at this time of the year so it was very quiet and nice. The room was nice and warm when we got there. The bed was huge and very comfortable. I really liked the rugs that they had too. Everything was very clean and I was really happy with the hotel overall. The balcony overlooking the river was great. I didn't read the booklet until after so we thought that there was no hair dryer, but you just have to ask for one in the office. We were in #14.
We also got Chula Vista water park passes which was nice so we used those. The one other thing that was frustrating was that house cleaning came at 9:30am. I understand lots of people get up early, but me and my boyfriend are all about sleeping in late especially on vacation so we were a little annoyed by this. Maybe the hotel could get some do not disturb signs for the people that like to sleep a bit later. The house cleaning does do a great job though.
I would love to stay again maybe if the hotel offered something to us since it was not listening right on their part and that was the real reason we had gone on this trip and were pretty bummed out because we didn't want to waste the free lift tickets we had and spend another $100 on top of our trip to go to Cascade instead then.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located on the Wisconsin River on the Lower Dells. Close to attractions, yet quiet and secluded. Relax and unwind in the summer with nightly bonfires along 400 ft. of sandy beach. Admire the Bald Eagles in the winter. Beautiful, clean riverview log units and friendly staff invite you and your family to make memories that will last a lifetime. Free water park passes included year round for every registered guest. Discount book and splash pass included with every reservation. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, Traveltool, S.L.U., Hotel.de and HRS so you can book your Cedar Lodge & Settlement reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Cedar Lodge And Settlement
- Cedar Lodge & Settlement Hotel Wisconsin Dells
- Cedar Hotel Wisconsin Dells
- Cedar Hotel Settlement