“Beautiful Spot”

Cedar Lodge & Settlement
Ranked #6 of 73 Hotels in Wisconsin Dells
“Beautiful Spot”
Reviewed 16 January 2014

I want to start this review by saying that I really wanted to give this location 5 stars, I just am really frustrated by the person who was working when I called.

The reason we were making this trip to the dells was to go snowboarding at cascade and I saw the deal online for this hotel so I called and asked once about the deal and if it was for Cascade and the woman working the front desk informed me you get lift tickets. I called and asked a question once more specifically about Cascade and she said yes so I booked. She was super friendly and helpful, but once I checked in and they handed me Christmas Mountain lift tickets, I was not happy. I would have gone snowboarding closer to my house considering that mountain is not very big.

So anyway, The man working at the office was very friendly and helpful with telling us everything about the hotel and surrounding area. I loved the property and location. We were probably 1 of 4 people staying there at this time of the year so it was very quiet and nice. The room was nice and warm when we got there. The bed was huge and very comfortable. I really liked the rugs that they had too. Everything was very clean and I was really happy with the hotel overall. The balcony overlooking the river was great. I didn't read the booklet until after so we thought that there was no hair dryer, but you just have to ask for one in the office. We were in #14.

We also got Chula Vista water park passes which was nice so we used those. The one other thing that was frustrating was that house cleaning came at 9:30am. I understand lots of people get up early, but me and my boyfriend are all about sleeping in late especially on vacation so we were a little annoyed by this. Maybe the hotel could get some do not disturb signs for the people that like to sleep a bit later. The house cleaning does do a great job though.

I would love to stay again maybe if the hotel offered something to us since it was not listening right on their part and that was the real reason we had gone on this trip and were pretty bummed out because we didn't want to waste the free lift tickets we had and spend another $100 on top of our trip to go to Cascade instead then.

Room Tip: the upstairs room in the middle have the best view of the river.
  • Stayed January 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank nmoris821

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (136)
  • Arabic first
Waukegan, Illinois, United States
Reviewed 30 December 2013

Again we had our extended famiily Christmas at Cedar Lodge. I believe this is our third time staying here and we plan on making it our "go to place" for our summer and Christmas get-togethers. Granted in the winter here is no pool or hot tub available but they do give you passes to the Chula Vista Waterpark. Remember that if you have a large group like we do you can rent the party room which is great.

Green Features: I'd still like to see recycling done at the Lodge.
  • Stayed December 2013, travelled with family
2 Thank Debbie W
dellmanager, Manager at Cedar Lodge & Settlement, responded to this review, 19 March 2014
Thanks for taking the time to review Cedar Lodge. We appreciate the kind words. Family vacations are memories that last a life time and we're happy you chose to make those memories here at the lodge. We look forward to seeing you again this summer. Chris-
Pittsville, Wisconsin
Reviewed 21 December 2013

We chose this hotel based on a recommendation from a friend. My husband is playing softball at Chula Vista, so we came down and stayed for a long weekend. When we got here, we were greeted quickly at the office by a very nice gentleman, who explained everything we needed to know about the resort. When we got to our room, we were so pleased. It was clean, cozy, beautiful, and so much more than what we had expected! Our room overlooks the river, and we have a beautiful fireplace. I could not have asked for more! This is our first weekend away after getting married a little over a month ago, and it has been so relaxing and perfect. I almost forget we are here because of a softball tournament! :) I would recommend this place to everyone, and will definitely be back!

• Stayed December 2013, travelled as a couple
dellmanager, Manager at Cedar Lodge & Settlement, responded to this review, 28 December 2013
Thanks for taking the time to review Cedar Lodge. Sounds like you had a nice relaxing getaway. The view of the river this time of year is amazing. Morning coffee next to the fireplace over looking the river is a great way to start the day. We're glad you enjoyed the accommodations and congratulations on getting married. Hope your husband did well in the softball tournament and we look forward to welcoming you back again sometime soon. Chris-
Edgerton, Wisconsin
Reviewed 27 November 2013 via mobile

We are back at cedar lodge again for a holiday vacation. This place is the best place to stay in the Dells. They are always so nice and accommodating for whatever you need and offer suggestions on things to do. I would as always recommend this as a great place to stay while at the Dells. We love it and will keep coming back!

Stayed November 2013, travelled with family
dellmanager, Manager at Cedar Lodge & Settlement, responded to this review, 21 December 2013
Thanks for taking the time to review Cedar Lodge and for choosing us as your destination for the Thanksgiving holiday. We love having you and your family here to stay with us. It was a pleasure talking with you and your daughter on your last visit. We appreciate the strong endorsement and look forward to welcoming you back next year. Chris-
Reviewed 6 November 2013

Absolutely adored this place. We stayed in Unit 24. From the moment we walked into the office we were greated with a big hello and smile. The Gentleman behind the desk was very helpful in answering all questions we had about the area and recommended some great places to eat and visit. We arrived after dark and were happy to see the heater and light already on for us in the room. The view of the Wisconsin river was breath taking. It looked like all the units had a balcony and view looking at the river which is great.There's a small beach and pool area too, that we couldn't enjoy because of the fall weather but i'm sure it's nice to have in the summer months. Our room had a wonderful rustic feel, nice and clean. We loved the fireplace and the bed was very comfortable. The bathroom was a really good size and the kitchen area was just right. There was a small fridge in the kitchen and a plug in stove, microwave, sink and coffee maker. I would recommend this place over and over to anyone looking for a place to stay in the dells and will continue to stay here everytime I make a visit.

Room Tip: Unit 24 was a great room with Fireplace and great view of the river.
  • Stayed November 2013, travelled as a couple
dellmanager, Manager at Cedar Lodge & Settlement, responded to this review, 26 November 2013
Thanks for taking the time to review Cedar Lodge. We're happy to know you enjoyed the view, the unit and the service. The river gets more and more breath taking as we get into the winter months. Between the bald eagles flying above, the snow covered trees and the morning fog rising from the river. It's truly a sight to see. Sounds like the fireplace suite was just what you were looking for in a place to stay. Again we appreciate the review and look forward to your next stay with us. Chris-
Machesney Park, Illinois
Reviewed 22 October 2013

Booked because of Tripadvisor reviews. Booked direct with office. Requested 2nd floor deluxe with vaulted ceilings like the website showed. When we got there, got a 1st floor room, because the previous guests that were in the deluxe we were booked for broke the fireplace!! The room was very nice and rustic. Nicely appointed and cozy. Nice Jacuzzi tub. Small TV over the fireplace, not the 42" the website said every deluxe had. As for the fireplace, it only worked two of our 3 nights. The lady from the office came and got it running once, but only for one cycle of the timer. Just a small bump in the road. The staff was very friendly, helpful with restaurant and attraction tips. Would not hesitate to go back again.

Room Tip: 2nd floor definitely!!
  • Stayed September 2013, travelled as a couple
dellmanager, Manager at Cedar Lodge & Settlement, responded to this review, 27 November 2013
Thanks for reviewing us on Trip advisor. Trip advisor is a great way to get an unbiased opinion on accommodations, restaurants and attractions. Looks like you love to travel and are quiet good at it. Your wife had asked about a whirlpool after we had completed the reservation. When I got off the phone, I wanted to give you guys a free upgrade to a villa. Since it has a jetted tub and the same set up as the Deluxe, but with more amenities. The great room fireplace villas are really nice rooms. I apologize; I should have asked if you were interested in the upgrade before you checked in. Happy to know you enjoyed our service and would not hesitate to come back again. Just a gentle reminder, remember to use the past guest certificate on your return visit. Chris-
Reviewed 10 October 2013

The resort next door was sold out. Lucky for us it was or I would have never discovered the Cedar Lodge. What a wonderful place ! Clean, modern, great friendly staff. Our room had a balcony with great view of the Wisconsin River. Easy access to other attractions in the area.
I will definitely stay here again.

Room Tip: Ask for 2nd floor balcony room.
  • Stayed September 2013, travelled with friends
Thanks for signing up on Trip advisor and reviewing Cedar Lodge. The resort is tucked away on the Lower Dells. This creates a private, quiet, secluded place on the water. Cedar Lodge is perfect for people who fish, families and or couples. We're happy you decided to stay with us and hope you will continue to stay here in the future. Cleanliness and customer service are some of the major points we focus on here at the lodge. We want you to be as comfortable as possible and know that we are going to treat you the way we would like to be treated. We look forward to welcoming you back again sometime soon. Chris-