“Seasonal Camper at Arrowhead” 3 of 5 bubbles
Review of Arrowhead RV Resort

and 1 more site!
Arrowhead RV Resort
Eagle, Wisconsin
“Seasonal Camper at Arrowhead”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 August 2011

We are a seasonal camper at Arrowhead, and just love the park and it's personel. The store could use more groceries, but there are plenty of places within minutes of the park. It is very nice to see and hear people having a good time while they are camping, I mean that is what camping is all about right? If I hear laughing and talking after quiet time, is that a big deal? Loud music after quiet time is not acceptable, especially ALL NIGHT LONG, from some of the over nighters, but we get through it. The staff does a good job at keeping the bathrooms clean. I can see it is very hard with all of the sand.

• 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
4 Thank kev2504

Solo
Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (9)
Milwaukee, Wisconsin
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 August 2011

My Wife, kids and I have been going there for over 10 years and have never had any issue with the campground...well O.K. so what, my Wife and I got kicked off the tetherball court at 1 in the morning, but we are pretty competative. It occured to me after reading the reviews on here that the first thing I would do if I had gotten in trouble at a campground is write a bad review. John and Bev run a tight ship and have a great family friendly atmosphere there.

3 Thank tomrussell2
Greendale, WI
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 August 2011

Really enjoy this campground. Finally a place where you can have some fun and hear people laugh. People were talking and laughing until 2 a.m., but not real loud - just trying to have some fun time together. This is the kind of place I ENJOY coming back too.

Stayed August 2011, travelled with family
3 Thank djbrandt6002
De Forest
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 August 2011

We were looking for a place to camp for about 1 month to break in a new camper. Most campgrounds were old looking and dirty. We came across Arrowhead and the staff was very helpful. We found the people and staff to be very friendly and we decided to become seasonal campers. To address some of the comments, private security keeps golf carts from running late at night & will quickly stop at your campsite if you were making noise after quiet hour. Glass bottles are not allowed to be by the pool, and the grounds are one of the cleanest I've seen. They do have schedule events, and perhaps the person that wanted to play horse shoes wanted to play during a scheduled horse shoe turney. Movies are also shown on the weekends in the ourdoor theater. We will continue to enjoy this campground.

3 Thank Ken G
Peoria, Illinois
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 August 2011

This was our first time camping in the Dells, we had stayed before in hotels. We came in late at night (around 9 p.m.). We had told the lady we spoke with that we would be in late and that was fine. When we found our site, we were supposed to back it up a hill. We wouldn't have ever gotten the trailer level or been able to set up a canopy or set up our lawn chairs. Another thing is the water hookup and electric hookup are nowhere close to each other so we wouldn't have been able to hook up either one. We drove around until we could find a spot where we thought we could hook up just to get us through the night. The only good thing about this place was we got all our money back except for the night we stayed there. Also a guy on a golf cart (apparently security) followed us around and was not helpful at all. We found a spot at the KOA campground that is about 5 minutes from the Timberfalls and Pirate's Cove Golf Courses. The KOA was soooo much better!! Also from only getting out of the truck and into the camper, the bugs were terrible! There were swarms of them everywhere!

4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 August 2011

After reading the reviews I was terrified it was going to be a dump. I was pleasantly surprised when I saw it was clean and well kept. The pools were awesome there were activities, a DJ and games Saturday night. They do have pay showers but it only took like 50 cents for a nice long hot shower. Everyone kept there music at a nice level and things were quiet by midnight. I went with my sister and we have 4 small children ( 6 and under) between us and we had a problem with a certain camper driving to fast by our site. We let the manager know and he took care of it. The only actual complaint I had was the massive amount of flies. My favorite part was that it was a nice out of the way place yet close enough to everything in the Dells to enjoy. As for all the bad reviews it is camping after all, not the Ritz-Carlton

• Stayed August 2011
      Location
      Rooms
1 Thank cassiehintz
Elgin, Illinois
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 August 2011

We pulled our camper there for the weekend. There were a few things I really didn't like.

There are flies EVERYWHERE!! I mean swarms of flies! You cant sit at the pool without flies all over you. You cant cook/ eat outside your camper without flies all over you! There were flies in the pool, flies in the store, flies in the arcade.. everywhere!

The sewer smell was terrible! That might explain all the flies but they must have a major septic problem there. I smelled it at the pool, around the front of the store/check in area where the benches are. The sewer smelled where we camped around site 60 something.

People were bringing their beer to the pool and drinking it in one of those can cozy things so you couldn't see it very well.

The bathrooms by the pool are disgusting! Flies everywhere, not very well maintained and dirty. They have a dirty curtain covering the shower area, not doors. The floor was filthy as well.

The people who work there don't look very happy. When you enter the store they don't every smile or say hello or good morning... etc.

With all these negatives, I will comment on something my kids enjoyed. They liked playing the mini golf and they enjoyed taking a ride on the hayride.

We won't be back there and if you don't like flies and sewer smell I would suggest finding another campground. There are lots of trees, and if they cleaned it and updated it and tried to fix their septic field it might be a nice campground some day.

Oh, they have wi-fi but ITS NOT FREE you have to pay for it. You can find the connection on your computer then put in your credit card info and it should work then.

• 2 of 5 bubbles