“Very relaxing”

Arrowhead RV Resort
Reviewed 19 May 2013

We stayed here for our Dells weekend. We stayed in one of the deluxe cabins. It was just myself and my 16 yr old son. There were two bedrooms, almost a full kitchen and living area. We found all of the seasonal people very friendly as well as management and staff. I read the reviews before I booked it, so I knew to bring our portable dvd player. As far as the noise from the race track as mentioned in another review, yeah you can hear it but its not a disruption, not loud enough to get upset about it. I didn't see or hear any unruly kids or teens, nor did I see or hear any out of control drinking parties. I saw people cooking out, kids riding their bikes and people walking their pets. I will have to admit the hot water was an issue, to resolve it, we took showers quickly and in different parts of the day. It is literally less than 5 min before the water goes cold, it does heat back up after about 30 min. Ladies if you have long hair take two showers a day one for just washing your hair. We did see a security guard on Friday and Saturday, but we were never questioned or harassed as mention in other reviews. The distance to the dells is very short, take I 90 east to exit 87 and your in the dells. (campground exit is 85 I 90 west) the campground is clearly marked and you just follow the signs. I'm not sure what other people were expecting from a campground from the other reviews. We very much enjoyed our stay there.

Room Tip: If you book a deluxe cabin, let them know your sleeping arrangements, they have some with bunk beds...
  • Stayed: May 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank Gerbes

Reviewed 18 October 2012

I've been camping since I was 12 years old. I've seen some other campgrounds offer a few other options that I wish Arrowhead could. But looking at the entire spectrum of campground amenities, Arrowhead keeps reeling me in like a fish swimming towards the boat. The staff is nice, the bathrooms are clean, the pool area rocks ( BRING BACK THE DIVING BOARD ! ), the general store could have a smidge more to offer, the mini golf course is sufficient, the hking trails are nice, lit tennis courts ( its like camping in Beverly Hills ), and spacious wooded camp sites are well maintained. Keep up the great work Arrowhead. . . We'll see you soon !

• Stayed: August 2012, travelled with family
1  Thank Kevin S
Reviewed 19 September 2012

This campgrounds is so clean and real close to all attractions, about 4 mile from the Wisconsin Dells strip, but in the country. They have so many things to do here for all ages. The swimming pool is great. They have a tennis court, mini golf, playground, horseshoe, game room ( the best I have seen ) hay rides ect...The sites are huge. The people that run the place are so nice and helpful. This is a must see campgrounds. Enjoy your stay! We sure did.

• Stayed: September 2012, travelled as a couple
2  Thank spidy1000
Reviewed 28 July 2012

Stayed with family of four...a two year old and a four year old.

Cons to the cabin: Only 6 gallon water heater = barely enough for dishes and forget about a hot shower. Shower is short. I'm 5'6" and cannot stand underneathe...no hot shower anyway so this was done as quick and inconveniently as possible. It has a tub, but no hot water to fill the tub and wash your small children. Next up? The toilet had a smell to it and it lingered in the whole cabin. You won't get a number two down on one flush. My husband normally walked over to the shower/bathrooms which was not convenient at all. The main bed was small, but okay and expected. Bunk beds are fine, but you DO NOT want to get stuck on the pull out. When trying it out you could see and feel the coils sticking out. No TV channels so make sure you bring a DVD player for movies. No free WiFi either. The pool doesn't open until 10am so no chance for a quick morning dip with the little ones and no zero depth entry...

Pros: Kitchen was nice with stove top and big fridge. All the dishes you need for 4 or less people. A table for 4 to eat at and a couch to sit on. Fire pit, grill and patio were all nice touches.

For $900 for the week in late July I'd rather have upgraded to a hotel with not much cost increase, but hot showers or downgraded to camping and do the camper showers. We left a day early because we couldn't take it any longer. This review is to provide FULL DISCLOSURE to what you are getting yourself into.

• Stayed: July 2012, travelled with family
3  Thank MomoftwoinMN
Reviewed 23 May 2012

we were seasonal campers there. had our site for 5 years. great place for children and us folks to.pets were welcome as long as they were leashed. beautiful wooded areas,trails,2 pools,mini golf,game room. great people up there.you got to know the seasonals like a family.we do miss it. maybe someday we will go back again. you will enjoy it there.

• Stayed: July 2011, travelled with family
1  Thank jeff f
Reviewed 29 September 2011

I have been a seasonal for ten years enjoying every year of our camping. We are treated fair with good neighbors. If we want to party there are many places to stop and visit, if I want my own fire and family time its perfect for us, but remember two foot flame two foot. Really what campground is quiet head to the north woods and pitch a tent.

• Stayed: August 2011, travelled with family
3  Thank timmer208
Reviewed 21 September 2011

We are new seasonals at this campground. I am surprised at all the negativity in these reviews. The staff has been so welcoming and helpful. We spend many weekends at the pool and have not witnessed to rudeness or foul language at all. People are having fun, playing cards at the various tables. We come here to relax and unwind with our friends and families. I don't see the harm in sitting around the campfire with our children, cooking smores and actually having a conversation with them. If laughter and talking is what you hear and you have a problem with that...you have a problem. There are plenty of motels in town that may be quieter.As far as people driving all over with golf carts at all hours of the night. Guess I never saw much of that either. It seems that a lot of blame is being placed on the seasonals but what about the "weekenders" that leave garbage laying around the pool area and make a mess in the bathrooms. Or the ones that leave all their trash laying around their campsite when they check out? I can't forget to mention the ones that just go walking straight through our campsites as if they own them. These are OUR sites we pay for them..stay out.

Also...please stop blaming management for the flies, the smell from a nearby farmer's field. Management can't really control this.

• Stayed: September 2011, travelled with family
5  Thank Sandyjs123
Also consider these accommodations in or near Wisconsin Dells
Best Western Ambassador Inn & Suites
Best Western Ambassador Inn & Su...
#3 of 75 in Wisconsin Dells
#1 of 75 in Wisconsin Dells
Yukon Trails RV & Camping Resort
Yukon Trails RV & Camping Resort
#1 of 4 in Lyndon Station

Been to Arrowhead RV Resort? Share your experiences!