“Fun family Campground”

Arrowhead RV Resort
“Fun family Campground”
Reviewed 16 June 2013

We stayed this weekend in two of the deluxe cabins. Each has 4 twin bed, one queen and a pull out couch. The kitchen was fully stocked with dishes, pots and pans, etc. The site had various different activities to participate in. Also nice area for a firepit. I thought that they were going to be very hot but to my surprise the air conditioning worked very well and kept the whole cabin cool. Great place to go with family

Room Tip: On exit 85 so about 5-10 min to attrations
  • Stayed June 2013, travelled with family

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (10)
Eagle, Wisconsin
Reviewed 10 June 2013

My wife and I really like Arrowhead Resort campground and the staff (John and Bev especially). This is our third year as a seasonal. We have had excellent service from them and the maintenance crew. They are always very nice, respectful, and willing to do whatever is needed to be done. I have heard some of this so called partying. My wife and I do drink, and enjoy the time we have with all the friendships we have made through the years of camping. The music goes off at quiet time, which is 11:00. I don't have a problem of people sitting around a fire talking, laughing, and having a great time. That is the reason we all camp, at least that's what I thought. There are always going to be some people that ruin it for everyone, plus, there are always going to be some people that you just can't please. If someone is too loud, we will talk to them. and ask them to quiet down. If that doesn't work we will file a complaint with management, and they take care of it.

We are waiting for the corporation to complete building another bath house as promised. For the size of this campground they need another bath house. We make it all work.

Room Tip: Love camping at Arrowhead
  • Stayed June 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank kev2504
Madison, Wisconsin
Reviewed 30 May 2013

I have not camped in many years and this past memorial day weekend we booked a site at Arrowhead for three nights as that was required as it being a holiday weekend. I must say it was a horrible experience as I got no sleep the first night there due to the partying and loudness of some of the seasonal campers (customers). The campsite contradicts its self as one document states quiet time to start at 10:30 and another document states 11:00. Needless to say it was after 2 am of which I FINALLY fell asleep. (Not because the partying stopped). I have heard many horror stories from some of the seasonals about the excessive partying and have now witnessed it first hand. Management sucks (Bev and John), as they do not want to do anything about these problems. You can try to get ahold of corporate all you want but they will not call you back and that is because it is all routed back to management (Great Management Skills happen at this resort). If you decide to go to this campground I highly suggest you pack plenty of ear plugs cause you are going to need them.

Room Tip: Bring your ear plugs if you plan on sleeping
  • Stayed May 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank Deborah n
Milton
Reviewed 19 May 2013

We stayed here for our Dells weekend. We stayed in one of the deluxe cabins. It was just myself and my 16 yr old son. There were two bedrooms, almost a full kitchen and living area. We found all of the seasonal people very friendly as well as management and staff. I read the reviews before I booked it, so I knew to bring our portable dvd player. As far as the noise from the race track as mentioned in another review, yeah you can hear it but its not a disruption, not loud enough to get upset about it. I didn't see or hear any unruly kids or teens, nor did I see or hear any out of control drinking parties. I saw people cooking out, kids riding their bikes and people walking their pets. I will have to admit the hot water was an issue, to resolve it, we took showers quickly and in different parts of the day. It is literally less than 5 min before the water goes cold, it does heat back up after about 30 min. Ladies if you have long hair take two showers a day one for just washing your hair. We did see a security guard on Friday and Saturday, but we were never questioned or harassed as mention in other reviews. The distance to the dells is very short, take I 90 east to exit 87 and your in the dells. (campground exit is 85 I 90 west) the campground is clearly marked and you just follow the signs. I'm not sure what other people were expecting from a campground from the other reviews. We very much enjoyed our stay there.

Room Tip: If you book a deluxe cabin, let them know your sleeping arrangements, they have some with bunk beds...
  • Stayed May 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank Gerbes
Milwaukee
Reviewed 18 October 2012

I've been camping since I was 12 years old. I've seen some other campgrounds offer a few other options that I wish Arrowhead could. But looking at the entire spectrum of campground amenities, Arrowhead keeps reeling me in like a fish swimming towards the boat. The staff is nice, the bathrooms are clean, the pool area rocks ( BRING BACK THE DIVING BOARD ! ), the general store could have a smidge more to offer, the mini golf course is sufficient, the hking trails are nice, lit tennis courts ( its like camping in Beverly Hills ), and spacious wooded camp sites are well maintained. Keep up the great work Arrowhead. . . We'll see you soon !

• Stayed August 2012, travelled with family
1 Thank Kevin S
Lancaster, Wisconsin
Reviewed 19 September 2012

This campgrounds is so clean and real close to all attractions, about 4 mile from the Wisconsin Dells strip, but in the country. They have so many things to do here for all ages. The swimming pool is great. They have a tennis court, mini golf, playground, horseshoe, game room ( the best I have seen ) hay rides ect...The sites are huge. The people that run the place are so nice and helpful. This is a must see campgrounds. Enjoy your stay! We sure did.

• Stayed September 2012, travelled as a couple
2 Thank spidy1000
Elk River, Minnesota
Reviewed 28 July 2012

Stayed with family of four...a two year old and a four year old.

Cons to the cabin: Only 6 gallon water heater = barely enough for dishes and forget about a hot shower. Shower is short. I'm 5'6" and cannot stand underneathe...no hot shower anyway so this was done as quick and inconveniently as possible. It has a tub, but no hot water to fill the tub and wash your small children. Next up? The toilet had a smell to it and it lingered in the whole cabin. You won't get a number two down on one flush. My husband normally walked over to the shower/bathrooms which was not convenient at all. The main bed was small, but okay and expected. Bunk beds are fine, but you DO NOT want to get stuck on the pull out. When trying it out you could see and feel the coils sticking out. No TV channels so make sure you bring a DVD player for movies. No free WiFi either. The pool doesn't open until 10am so no chance for a quick morning dip with the little ones and no zero depth entry...

Pros: Kitchen was nice with stove top and big fridge. All the dishes you need for 4 or less people. A table for 4 to eat at and a couch to sit on. Fire pit, grill and patio were all nice touches.

For $900 for the week in late July I'd rather have upgraded to a hotel with not much cost increase, but hot showers or downgraded to camping and do the camper showers. We left a day early because we couldn't take it any longer. This review is to provide FULL DISCLOSURE to what you are getting yourself into.

• Stayed July 2012, travelled with family